PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Make do and mend weekday on CH4

Options
happierdaystocome
happierdaystocome Posts: 347 Forumite
edited 29 April 2011 at 7:07PM in Old style MoneySaving
Three money-saving experts are on a mission to prove that being thrifty can also be fun, giving hands-on practical money-saving advice to people across the country is starting on CH4 now.
"Let your boat of life be light, pack only what you need- A homely home and simple pleasures,one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone who loves you, a cat, a dog, a pipe or two enough to eat, enough to wear and a little more than enough to drink, as thirst is a dangerous thing" Jerome k. Jerome

Comments

• quintwins
    quintwins Posts: 5,179 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks i just set it to record
    DEC GC £463.67/£450
    EF- £110/COLOR]/£1000
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    Thanks for that, managed to catch it on +1 and have to say I really enjoyed it! Much better than the superscrimpers with a lot of useful ideas. I think it'll be a lot better for other people who are looking to save money as well :D
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • valentina
    valentina Posts: 1,016 Forumite
    Options
    Agreed, much better than that other silly programme.
    I like the fact that there were no eccentrics with silly so called "moneysaving" tips, just practical stuff.
  • Hadley
    Hadley Posts: 237 Forumite
    Options
    Really good programme much more useful than superscrimpers.Just think it should be on prime time so more working people could see it .Sky plused it.
  • happierdaystocome
    Options
    I have watched this yesterday and today whilst having my lunch and have found it much more intresting and has a lot more practical advise than Super Scrimpers.
    "Let your boat of life be light, pack only what you need- A homely home and simple pleasures,one or two friends worth the name, someone to love and someone who loves you, a cat, a dog, a pipe or two enough to eat, enough to wear and a little more than enough to drink, as thirst is a dangerous thing" Jerome k. Jerome
  • Aarons_mummy
    Options
    I missed it today grrrr! Will catch up on 4OD!
    Credit Card: £796 Left/£900 October 2011 :eek:
    Store Card: £100 October 2011 :o
    Declutter 100 Things In January 100/100:j:beer:
    No Buying Toiletries 2012
  • rosie383
    rosie383 Posts: 4,981 Forumite
    Options
    I just spotted this today on plus1. Is it on every day at 12? I found it much, much better than superscrimpers too.
    Father Ted: Now concentrate this time, Dougal. These
    (he points to some plastic cows on the table) are very small; those (pointing at some cows out of the window) are far away...
    :D:D:D
  • Amishwannabee
    Options
    Caught this new prog once on Channel 4 and have watched online for the other episodes. Very good prog although Superscrimpers was a bit better this week too I thought.
  • pink_numbers
    Options
    my OH rolls his eyes at the superscrimpers (then again, so do I) but looks forward to this one :)

does anyone know if it will be on today? he's wanting to see the bathroom finished.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options

does anyone know if it will be on today? he's wanting to see the bathroom finished.

If you missed it, it is now on 4OD.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family