PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Daily Thread Thursday 30th Nov

Options
Hi, this is the Daily Thread for xx (add date). This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything OS and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an OS natter. The more the merrier!

When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem, we’re a laid back bunch here so you won’t hear any complaints.

Some people who chat here like to try to answer everyone. Don’t feel you have to though, a general “hi everyone, hope everyone’s well” type start does just as well.

Goodmorning everyone,

Knocked off after lunch today. Just having some arv smoko. Made the chocolate weetabix slice and some wholemeal banana muffins. The slice is yum. I'll pack a muffin into DGS lunchbox tomorrow. There healthier. :rolleyes: Updated spreadsheet, ironed, put another load on the line and now going back into the kitchen to get tea prepared & sort out the menu for next week.

I have to go to town tomorrow to get some money out as I forgot on Monday. The guy is coming here tomorrow to finish off waterproofing the bathroom. Thought I"d nosy into the hairdresser :D while I'm there so she can work her magic. Compete waste of a trip otherwise. ;)

I've decided to make a lasagne type dish with the eggplants. I've got some ricotta cheese in the fridge too so will spread a layer of it on as well. I'll let you know how it goes down tonight. OK best make a move. Have a lovely Thursday. Byeeeeeeeeeeee
Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

Comments

• mrs_mix
    mrs_mix Posts: 1,800 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning Aussie-lass and all that follow
    bad night can't seem to sleep past 4.30
    not much going on today must do some washing before it takes over I think I'm going to make them walk around naked indoors to save on the washing
    bm on later may make some cake and start on the mince pies and get them in the freezer
    packed lunches to do and then it's get everyone up and either of to school or work
    nip to the shops for dog food for the month and I may pop into town to get my dad's christmas prezzies
    ((((hugs)))) to all especially GinGin
    have a good day

pam
    I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was going to blame you

I am one of the English sexy Shelias
    I'm also a hussy
  • SnowyOwl_2
    SnowyOwl_2 Posts: 5,257 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone!

AussieLass, I hope the hairdresser makes you look totally beautiful!

It's a windy morning here in N.Ireland. It'll do nothing to keep the hordes away from the supermarkets (one of which I work in). It has gone quite mad in the lead up to Christmas, and will get madder still before the Big Day has arrived.

Some of you enquired yesterday about where I got my organic/natural personal care products. I have started to use https://www.greenpeople.co.uk and am using their shampoo & conditioner at the moment - it's lovely stuff, though a bit pricey!! You can get a 10% discount off your first order (just have to remember to ask for it - I forgot...).

There is also a thread in the green and ethical board listing some discount codes:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=314415

I ordered from So Organic as the offer is for free postage - otherwise it's a hefty £4.50. The things arrived very quickly indeed.

And as for making lotions and potions myself...I've just realised that this optionhas been staring me in the face and I didn't see it!! There is lots of information in the mega index about it, so I'll have a go at that.

There isn't much to report - all quiet on the Western Front as they say.

GinGin - I'm really sorry to hear your news from yesterday. It's never easy regardless of the age of the person - and your poor grandmother, she must be totally distraught.

Think I'll jump back into bed for another hour or so. Have a good day everyone.

SnowyOwl
  • Miss_Cinnabon
    Miss_Cinnabon Posts: 19,481 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone, glad to see im not the first up then!:rotfl:

Lo woke me at 4.30 again, he got up once during night:rolleyes:

Not much plans today will do things as i see them, too tired at mo to think:D

First xmas party on sun for kids, looking forward to it:D

Got loads of bathbombs from lush, my fav:D thanks to squishy for getting them for me, so will have a relaxing soak in the bath when lo goes for nap:j

Hugs to all
    Kyle
  • Topher
    Topher Posts: 640 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Good morning all.
    Got to sort out puppy first thing, then shower & pack lunch. (When I'm organinsed that's done last thing at night.) Then in to school early for some marking to make sure its not there to ruin my weekend.
    DD Due over Fri p.m. for weekend so tonight, have to do my filing which is "arranged" on the office floor. Might see if DS fancies Sunday dinner with us, if so, more shopping needed.
    DH is doing the vets run this morning, Cat's shots & Dog's claws. (We're rubbish at cutting them). Then he's picking up the next order of coal.
    Must go, have a lovely Thursday everyone
    Topher / Jane
  • AussieLass
    AussieLass Posts: 4,066 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Topher I see you changed your avatar. Is that your dog? He's so adorable. I love dogs. There are lots of cat people on here. :p

Snowy Thank you but there are limitations :D to what she can do. Miracle worker she's not.

Well back to the kitchen.
    Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia. ;)

• Penny_Watcher
    Options
    Morning OSers :hello:

I've just about recovered from Brownies last night *twitches nervously*. OH has decided I'm returning to my childhood. Within the last week I've been to Brownies -dib dib dib :D - AND read at DD2's school assembley (first time I've read at assembly since the 1970s :eek: )

Todays tasks include (in no particular order)

Clean the kitchen
    MORE ironing
    Annual pre-audit 'going over' of the cycling club accounts :( Hate that task with a vengence. I've been putting it off for ages, but OH needs them for tomorrow morning :o
    Dog walk/swim/fly :eek: depending on the rainy and windy weather.
    Make DD take a shower (or at leat chip off some of the worst bits of muck :mad: )

And at some point sit down with a cuppa and read my book for 20 mins.

Have a good day everyone and (((((hugs))))) to all who need them.

PW
    xx

You cannot live as I have lived an not end up like me.

Oi you lot - please :heart:GIVE BLOOD :heart: - you never know when you and yours might need it back! 67 pints so far.
  • Penelope_Penguin
    Options
    Good Morning all! DH has gone to w*** so I'm grabbing a "piece of quiet" with my cup of tea, before the children are up and it's noisy again!

Start of my weekend today, so lots to do. DH off tomorrow, but we have nothing planned, so may go out for a long walk if it's not too wet.

Singing tonight - last rehearsal before our concerts, so it'll be rubbish :D

Mushypeas - just found what I *think* is your site. It's fab, and I'll spend more time later. I have a professional interest in this subject, so found it very useful - thanks.

Have a great day, all! :j especially
    Miss Peem - Happy Birthday!
    :bdaycake: :bdaycake:

Penny. x
    :rudolf: Sheep, pigs, hens and bees on our Teesdale smallholding :rudolf:
  • dlb
    dlb Posts: 2,488 Forumite
    Options
    Hiya everyone.

Hope you are all well.

Todays plans peeps course at dd nursery, then to buy road tax!! Then off to town, i must be mad going in on a afternoon it will be packed!!:eek: But must collect items from argos and nip to boots again!!

Then home to prepare shepards pie and tidy my room up and make up spare bed for me and dh in ds1s bedroom as inlaws arrive tommorrow!!!!!!!:mad:

Have a great day whatever your up to!!

FIRST OF DEC TOMORROW HORRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY:j :j :rotfl:
    Proud to be DEBT FREE AT LAST
  • cheerfulness4
    Options
    Hi everyone!

What is it about the 4.30am wake up thing? - having the same problem myself. :)

Kyle - Am so envious of your Lush stash. Can't wait to get to my nearest one as I just have to bulk buy the Snowcake soap. It is sooo great.

Had a lovely day yesterday as DH was off work so we spent it shopping, with it being first day of my grocery challenge and PAY DAY! :D

Feel full of beans this morning and my knees aren't too bad so I'm going to try and zing the lounge and get into all the yucky, fluffy corners. Might even give the pc area a polish up. (Area that gets the most use in the house and gets the most 'crumbiest').

Have a great day everyone!
  • comping_cat
    comping_cat Posts: 24,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Happy birthday miss Peem xx

Well, today is the BIG clean!!!! os tonight is the night when i put up the Christmas decorations!!!!!! I have been wanting to put them up for ages, and i am really looking forward to tonight. DS and DD will help, but im quite particular where things go, so i suspect a lot of directions will be needed, buy we are all looking forward to it. Ive also bought myself an advent calender (first one with chocolate ever!!!! cant remember having one as a child??!!) so will be looking forward to that in the morning.
    Have 2 little ones here, although one is at nursery in the morning, so i think i will give the little one a duster and she can 'help'. At some point i also want to get in the attic and get everything down ready for later (not doing it whilst the little ones are here, want it to be a surprise for them when they get here in the morning.)
    WM is on with its first load (knew i would have 2 today, even though i didnt have enough yesterday, where does it all come from!!!????) and i have some dishes to do, so better get cracking before first one gets here.
    ((HUGS)) to all those who need one (or want one)
    Have a lovely day,
    Take care xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family