Never use iflorist!!!

Options

Comments

• codger
    codger Posts: 2,079 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's a shame that the OP wasn't aware of the fact that iFlorist has featured here on MSE before. A simple forum search would've shown that it didn't come up smelling of roses then, either. iFlorist is part of some other outfit that won some award or other which iFlorist has been attempting to trade off using the old gilt-by-association stunt but ain't having much success.

An earlier iFlorist thread, with info the OP may find useful, is here:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4329177&highlight=iflorist

And here's a thread to Prestige Flowers, should anyone be thinking of seeking an alternative to iFlorist:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4348303&highlight=iflorist

I still don't understand why anyone, anywhere, would want to deal with flower brokers -- which is all these outfits are. They're not florists. They're middle men trying to make a fast buck by presenting glossy websites stuffed with pictures that more likely than not will not resemble the delivered item.

Flower brokers = broken flowers. If you want to send flowers to anywhere, then simply pop into your local florist's, or ring 'em up, and use the industry's own UK and international delivery networks: InterFlora, for example, is no more expensive than this sudden influx of get-rich-quick flower brokers with posh names from unidentifiable addresses.
  • kennyvinegar
    Options
    I wish I'd searched on here first before I took the decision to use iflorist for Mother's day flowers.

In brief - they were a day late, dying on arrival, nothing like the flowers I ordered and what they did send was very sparse. After 3 weeks, 4 tickets, 1 phone call and 3 emails, they have sent me an email to say they have processed a refund. I was quite shocked actually - the last email I sent demanding a refund was only 10 minutes before the refund confirmation! I obviously said the right thing!

My mum lives 120 miles away and I've had a couple of bad incidences with online florists now so I think I'll try the one local to her next time.
    I'm a girlie whirlie despite my username
  • hm71_2
    hm71_2 Posts: 1,980 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    its really weird i thank my lucky stars i must have been very fortunate- there was an offer on the grabbit board and so took advantage at christmas had 2 orders and both were really good- wouldnt tempt fate and order again though as they seem to have messed up a lot since.
    Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

FEB challenge £128/£270 balance £142
    £2 saving club £140
  • nstapley
    Options
    Ordered a hamper early Dec for delivery Dec 18, money taken but hamper never delivered (was £250 ish). Telephoned company just goes to an answer machine with no option to leave a message.
    Live online chat never works
    Logged a call via the web site, got the confirmation ticket number, have chased for updates twice since and still no response.
    Reported them to my credit card company who have thankfully reimbursed the fraudulent transaction and are now investigating the company and are recovering the funds via their internal processes.

AVOID AVOID AVOID - IT'S A SCAM

If I was a betting man I would say that Viper is connected in some shape or form to the company
  • JAMSTU77
    Options
    I do lots of online ordering and this is by far the worst company I have ever dealt with. The Christmas hamper I ordered was not delivered for Christmas as intended. Basically the hamper went missing. I contacted iFlorist who have a fancy website which promises the earth but delivers nothing what so ever.
    Live Chat - never available
    Tickets created re problems - never replied too and closed without and response.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not order from this company.

I have read many many bad reviews about iFlorists and wonder how they get away with it. Very greedy company - take the money and run!

This is one of many reviews I have done about the poor service from this company and I will continue to post as I want to warn other shoppers.

James
  • footman
    Options
    I ordered Valentine's roses for February 14th and paid extra for express delivery. The roses turned up on the doorstep at 745pm and the courier didn't even bother to ring the bell.

Three of the flowers were blackened and the others looked very sorry for themselves. I cannot believe I ordered flowers through this company having seen them mentioned on MSE Valentines link.

I wish I had read this forum post first and gone elsewhere. Their chat link is always dead and they have not responded to support tickets.

AVOID THIS COMPANY
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    footman wrote: »
    I ordered Valentine's roses for February 14th and paid extra for express delivery. The roses turned up on the doorstep at 745pm and the courier didn't even bother to ring the bell.

Three of the flowers were blackened and the others looked very sorry for themselves. I cannot believe I ordered flowers through this company having seen them mentioned on MSE Valentines link.

I wish I had read this forum post first and gone elsewhere. Their chat link is always dead and they have not responded to support tickets.

AVOID THIS COMPANY

Which link?
    You say they haven't responded-since 7.45 last night , on valentines day, not that surprising!
  • footman
    footman Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    They advertise their chat support as 'available around the clock' although it is always offline. It's now 1pm on Monday and it has been offline all morning.

The flowers that were still healthy on the 14th have now died along with the ones that were already dead on arrival.

I think it's time to support local florists and ignore the online offers that fail to even deliver decent flowers.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    We've been saying that on here for years, unfortunately whilst people keep handing over cash without checking companies the problems will continue.
  • footman
    footman Posts: 19 Forumite
    Options
    It's just a pity I only used this company as it was mentioned in the weekly MSE email
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure