Call18866 Questions and Answers

12345679»

Comments

• Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    BG_Porgy wrote:
    Hey Edinburghlass where can a numpty like me get an idiots guide to using the site especially the chatrooms. Twice today i thought that i posted replies but they did not appear It has happened before
    It is Ok for all you super star posters but how does a newbie get to understand the language and their way about the site and using all the functions
    Help please before I give up out of sheer frustration

Something that I can print out as a ready reference would be ideal

BG Porgy

LOL, we were all numpties on the this forum only a few short weeks ago when it changed ;)

Best thing to do is go into the User CP and read through the edit Options as a lot of these are set to forum default but can be easily changed. For example the forum default is 10 posts per page where you can set it for 40 posts per page, also the forum default for showing threads in a board is NOT show all threads but you can change it to show all threads!

If this doesn't help, feel free to pm me with any questions or our resident expert on Vbullentin is Sra555 down on This Site where he has answered many questions :D
  • boblevin
    boblevin Posts: 49 Forumite
    I think you will find that this a signature. I noticed the other day that I had "x Sarah" at the end of my messages. I was able to remove it via a link to placing a signature message, and then deleting the message - Sorry Sarah, who ever you are. My guess is that there is a slight glitch in the new system running this great site.
  • BG_Porgy
    BG_Porgy Posts: 55 Forumite
    Sorry Edinburghlass you are talking a strange language that i do not comprehend What is " LoL " at the end it might mean lots of love but hey is that not a bit personal at this early stage in my posting

I think "user cp" is user control panel if I only knew how to find it never mind do anything useful init
    What is "Pm you"

What is the letter 'D' at the end of many signatures

Also above thuis box that I am typing in what are 'Guided Mode' and 'Enhanced Mode' etc etc

I can't be the only one with such fundemental problems How about the idiot's Guide to using the site or even the 'lesson for today' . or a wee vocabulary of terminology used
    I have made a few postings by sheer luck but am on the point of throwing in the towel in frustration
    Numpty and old fart combined are a serious handicap

Help

BG Porgy
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    BG, I will pm (personal message) you and you will find it on the top right hand side of the boards underneath where it says welcome BG Porgy, click on it and it will take you to your pm inbox.

Hit reply to reply to me and once I know you have received this I can take these messages off this thread so it stays on topic!

LOL, well it could mean lots of love but as I don't know you yet, it means laugh out loud!!
  • scandarahar
    scandarahar Posts: 149 Forumite
    Just for anyone who doesn't know about it - this is a great site for getting landline equivalents to those 0845, 0870, and 09 numbers most companies seem to use these days

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Then just use 18866 to call for 1p...
    sufferinsnickerinrickrastadley
  • sergeant121
    sergeant121 Posts: 452 Forumite
    Just for anyone who doesn't know about it - this is a great site for getting landline equivalents to those 0845, 0870, and 09 numbers most companies seem to use these days

http://www.saynoto0870.com/search.php

Then just use 18866 to call for 1p...
    If an initial search on the SayNoTo0870 site's database is unsuccessful, always try their unverified listings as well.
    30 years, 217 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport