Call18866 Questions and Answers

Comments

• anyone else had the "International" experience coming up on other people's caller displays? really want to get o the bottom of this... thanks :O)

Yes, if I dial out using 18866 to a couple of friends who have caller display it comes up as if its an international number. As your number is shown on your 18866 account in fact.
  • johnny. My friends do not have a caller display phone. They just dial 1471 and it shows just the std and phone number.

Also I have just checked the 18866 website and it is still showing 1p connection and I have just checked my bill for a phone call made 5 minutes ago and it is still on 0.0099 plus vat.

Wendy
    Wendy
  • marsha8
    marsha8 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Just checked my bill & still 1p per minute.Have been with 18866 & 1899 since last October & am delighted with the savings(I'm a pensioner & every little helps) Only been billed once so far because cost is so mimimal! BT are the bugbear at £10.50 a month but at least my use of them is minimal (09 & 0845 numbers). My brother lives 4 miles away & when I phone him it shows international but it doesn't bother him as he knows it's me calling!! Recently changed my Vodaphone rental to pay as you go & now use my mobile for text messages only.Started with £15 credit on Dec.26th & still have £14 credit left.Should have done this years ago.Calls are expensive though at 35p a minute for first 3 minutes but have not had to make any calls yet.Really just for emergencies.
  • I've been using 18866 for a time now and have nothing at all to do with BT. I pay my line rental to One Bill Telecom, £10.50 a month includin VAT. No Problem. I would advise anyone to get away from BT if they can, I never have any calls from them offering any of their fantastic expensive offers!!
  • My number is x directory and not displayed to anybody I call.

If I use the 18866 service will my number be displayed or available to the numbers I dial??
  • fizzyhelen
    fizzyhelen Posts: 8,867 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    My number is x directory and not displayed to anybody I call.

If I use the 18866 service will my number be displayed or available to the numbers I dial??
    i'm ex-directory and my number isn't displayed when I use 18866.
    :)ITV Winners Club Member #46:)
    :DFish Slice Winner 2013:D

#justiceforpoppi

• The 18866 website today - at 16.05 hrs - still states "1p connection charge" not 3p. Sure you're not confusing it with 1899, boblevin ??
    Expect the worst & hope for the best...
  • JohnF_3
    JohnF_3 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Wendy, I think you will find this is .0099 INCLUSIVE of vat. Even cheaper than you thought!
    Retired and Happy.
  • Aiadi
    Aiadi Posts: 1,840 Forumite
    savalan wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    I was sihgned with 1899 about week ago. They advertise one price but in reality sometimes it is different. eg. US calls not for 0p but 1p/min. And when I call to 0845 or 0870 numbers, it is sometimes don't get throug and I try to call direct to those numbers, it works. May be this happened with somebody else. don't know. :(

I don't know what number you were using or dialling but I made 2 calls to the US earlier today for more than an hour each for only 3P per call. Are you sure you are using 1899 ?
    Do I want it? ......Do I need it? ......What would happen if I don't buy it??????
  • savalan wrote:
    :rolleyes:
    I was sihgned with 1899 about week ago. They advertise one price but in reality sometimes it is different. eg. US calls not for 0p but 1p/min.
    If you are calling from a cable landline savalan, that is the published price.
    30 years, 217 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport