IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Options

Comments

• leilac_2
    Options
    ok, having just read on here about parking eye taking smithy to court - guess what just paid my fine due today..... £40. which I was going to fight - people be careful on here, we just cant ignore this if people are being taken to court, as no one wants a CCJ and hey ho its only £40. now I know to adhere to the two hours (which I thought was 3)
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    You're either a troll, or ignorant.
  • Inflatable_Armadillo
    Options
    leilac wrote: »
    ok, having just read on here about parking eye taking smithy to court - guess what just paid my fine due today..... £40. which I was going to fight - people be careful on here, we just cant ignore this if people are being taken to court, as no one wants a CCJ and hey ho its only £40. now I know to adhere to the two hours (which I thought was 3)

Well, you are either a PPC troll or just will not listen to advice... either way, you are, unfortunately a victim of a scam and you have just paid them £40 for no reason whatsoever... but hey, if you feel OK about funding the PPC's owners fast car and big house... you go right ahead.

Now for some home-truths... you posted on a public forum, so I am having my bit of free-speech!

smithy is being taken to court by Parking Eye - it is the first case we have ever heard of being taken this far by Parking Eye and, we are almost certain they will lose!

He was parked in a P&D car park and it does make things just slightly different because they can demonstrate some loss... albeit, not the amounts they are asking for. You on the other hand were parked in a FREE car park... so therefore the damages they could claim from you would be... yes, £0!

So, troll or victim... I don't care... and neither do Parking Eye... they have your money!
  • Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options

What a plonker.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,404 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 24 March 2014 at 1:59AM
    Options
    OLD THREAD - STOP READING!!

Please wise up and click one click to page one to see CURRENT threads instead which tell you how to appeal and win.

PARKING EYE NOW SUE IGNORERS SO DO NOT IGNORE A PARKING EYE FAKE PCN IN ENGLAND/WALES.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options

Sounds like we have a new pet troll. I wonder which PPC's bins he or she empties as the day job.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options

So if people are taken to court on the back of an unenforceable invoice to claim a vexatious excessive civil penalty, which is illegal anyway, they should roll over and pay and let then scammer get away with it?

Even if there is adequate help hwere to frame a defence, and get the scammers ar*e kicked by a judge?
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    But I thought his date in Small Claims Court was 1st December? A month's time?

Mediation is before.

Our man is looking forward to discussing the case with Pannone/Parking Eye over the phone.
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options

"Dear Leilac

Thank you for your payment of £40, however it arrived too late to qualify for the discounted period, so the amount of £40 is still outstanding on your account"
  • robredz
    robredz Posts: 1,602 Forumite
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    "Dear Leilac

Thank you for your payment of £40, however it arrived too late to qualify for the discounted period, so the amount of £40 is still outstanding on your account"

That is the reality, send a cheque they will add clearence days, and make sure a payment is late well actually any payment is late as they want a second and third bite of the cherry, and demand more and more.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure