IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye Court Action

Options

Comments

• Sirdan
    Sirdan Posts: 1,323 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Costs of over two grand in Small Claims? What for then?

Doesn't take much work for the legal profession to invoice for that amount ! ;)

This could be allowed under CPR 27.14 which says :-
    "The court may not order a party to pay a sum to another party in respect of that other party’s costs, fees and expenses, including those relating to an appeal, except

(g) such further costs as the court may assess by the summary procedure and order to be paid by a party who has behaved unreasonably;"

If I've read it right ...I've never claimed to be a legally qualified person ..:o
  • TrickyWicky
    TrickyWicky Posts: 4,025 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone managed to confirm this case yet with the courts? (Other than posters with less than 10 posts)
  • ripped_off_driver
    Options
    I though Elvis had left the building.

Here is a template for the use of PPC trolls posting about fictitious court victories:

CLAIM NO: [insert random combination of letters and numbers]

IN THE [INSERT RANDOM COURT NAME] COUNTY COURT

ON 22nd November 2011

B E T W E E N:-
    [Insert random PPC] LIMITED
    Claimant
    -v-
    MR [Insert random name - the more uncheckable the better - we don't want anyone contacting the "Defendant" do we?]
    Defendant

Amount. £[insert made up amount]
    Costs. £[insert amount but do not be stupid and insert amounts over £2,000, you idiot]
    Interest. £[insert smallish amount]

Total Amount: £[the total of the above - I know it's hard as PPC operatives are thick as planks but use a calculator]
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's very easy to contact the defendant. His facebook and twitter accounts are very easy to find, as is his blog.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Oopsadaisy
    Oopsadaisy Posts: 1,818 Forumite
    Options
    0869 is gone???
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why then you're as thick and stupid as the moderators on here - MSE ForumTeam
  • outofmoney
    Options
    Where's the post gone claiming a victory?
  • halibut2209
    halibut2209 Posts: 4,249 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He was reported for being a spammer and probably the sock of a banned user.
    One important thing to remember is that when you get to the end of this sentence, you'll realise it's just my sig.
  • Driver8
    Driver8 Posts: 743 Forumite
    Options
    outofmoney wrote: »
    Where's the post gone claiming a victory?

There never was a victory. Scamming trolls don't last long here.

Just shows how desperate they're getting doesn't it?
  • ripped_off_driver
    Options
    Desperation sets in in PPCland.

And they tell us that keeper liability will solve all their problems. As if.

What next - the return of the bogus online forums? I hope so because that was actually very entertaining.
  • AlexisV
    AlexisV Posts: 1,890 Forumite
    Options
    Yes, remember to click the spam link when any spammers appear. You only need a few people to click for their posts to be automatically deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure