We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Reclaiming in Scotland

1…5657596162…79

Comments

  • biffbiff
    biffbiff Posts: 20 Forumite
    Need a wee bit info if anybody has been in this same position or knows a little bit about it that can guide me through it.
    I have had an email from scotcourts.gov.uk letting me know the date of the hearing and they are sending me the papers back and then I will need to contact a Sheriff Officer to have the papers served on the defender.
    I will have to do this as soon as possible.
    Now i did send form 1 and 1b with a cheque the cheque has been cashed
    the bit I do not understand is I thought they sent the paper work to the defender I do hope you can understand whot I mean and how do I go about getting the paper work to the defender as I thought the court did this.
    The bank is Alliance & Leicester and this has been ongoing from Jan 07 for £1100. Can anyone help me on how to go about this as I am quite worried.:eek: :wall:
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,679 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    biffbiff wrote: »
    Need a wee bit info if anybody has been in this same position or knows a little bit about it that can guide me through it.
    I have had an email from scotcourts.gov.uk letting me know the date of the hearing and they are sending me the papers back and then I will need to contact a Sheriff Officer to have the papers served on the defender.
    I will have to do this as soon as possible.
    Now i did send form 1 and 1b with a cheque the cheque has been cashed
    the bit I do not understand is I thought they sent the paper work to the defender I do hope you can understand whot I mean and how do I go about getting the paper work to the defender as I thought the court did this.
    The bank is Alliance & Leicester and this has been ongoing from Jan 07 for £1100. Can anyone help me on how to go about this as I am quite worried.:eek: :wall:

    Sorry I don't really understand what you mean but I would suggest you get in touch with the court as they know what they want you to do.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,679 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    colby wrote: »
    COMPUTER ALWAYS CLOSING DOWN...... 3RD TRY AT THIS.... hELPING FAMILY MEMBER TO GET THEIR CHARGES BACK AS I GOT A FULL RETURN ON MY OWN CLAIM £1,000]RECIVED LETTER TO SAY THEY HAVE DECLINED CLAIM. NEXT PART IS TAKING THEM TO COURT FOR £560]....iT WOULD BE A sCOTTSH COURT CAN I DO ALL THIS ONLINE .....NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO OUTCOME. PLEASE HELP .:money:

    No you can't do this online and need to go to your local court, have a read of the previous posts.
  • angel31572
    angel31572 Posts: 123 Forumite
    Finally got the official (2 page) letter from Lloyds saying 'sorry you are unhappy but we will not refund.

    As I am in Scotland, do i now go through Ombudsman?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,679 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If you have received this letter after saying you will take the bank to court and its been longer than 6/8 weeks for this process you can now take it to the FO.
  • angel31572
    angel31572 Posts: 123 Forumite
    If you have received this letter after saying you will take the bank to court and its been longer than 6/8 weeks for this process you can now take it to the FO.

    No, the letter I received yesterday was in reply to me calculating the charges from my statements.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,679 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Standard letter in that case, send off the one saying you will be taking them to court, LBA, and wait a further 14 days.
  • angel31572
    angel31572 Posts: 123 Forumite
    So, do I say I will take them to court first, then FO?
  • angel31572
    angel31572 Posts: 123 Forumite
    angel31572 wrote: »
    So, do I say I will take them to court first, then FO?

    Thanks Edinburghlass - I replied for 2nd time before I saw your reply about court.
  • Hi.

    Do i have to go to the Scottish sheriff court ( i live in Edinburgh) to get a small claims form, fill it in then take it back to the court to get it processed?

    Is it really that simple?

    Thanks again

    Owen.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.