Alliance & Leicester (merged)

Options

Comments

• mancroft_2
    Options
    Presumably this is just a "fobbing off" letter and I can now go on to the MCOL process?

thanks

lil x

I am in exactly the same position.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/viewnews.cgi?newsid1141050760,24632,

step 4 suggests that you write and threaten to take them to court.

This is a good idea because it will look better in a court hearing (if there is one which is unlikely) if you have threatened them first.
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi all,

I am sure this has been answere here before, but it would take me a week to read through all previous responses (v slow connection!)

I have had my statements from A & L (recieved on exactly the 40th day), replied to them saying, this is what i feel you have overcharged me, please look into this an refund me, and they have replied back saying that they feel their charges are fair and reasonable and regret to inform me that they will not be refunding me.

Presumably this is just a "fobbing off" letter and I can now go on to the MCOL process?

thanks

lil x

You need to send them another letter before you can start court proceedings, using the template letter on this site (see template for third letter). Within this letter you should again request a refund, or state you will commence court proceedings. Have you sent them a schedule of charges, reasons for charges and dates in spreadsheet format? If not, you need to send them this with your next letter and give them 14 days to reply. For the template letter, see Martin's bank reclaiming info. found on the home page.icon7.gif

It would be a good idea to read all Martin's info., so you're aware of the various stages you need to go through.
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • teddygirl_3
    Options
    Just Keep Going. I Am On My Fourth Letter. You Must Never Give Up.
  • sharon115
    Options
    just filed claim to claim back £4500 from a&l does anyone have any idea how long the process takes from now. paid the court fees today.
  • Russjo
    Russjo Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    From what I can gather, it could be a few months as the courts are backed up with claims. However, I'm just starting out with A&L, still waiting for the statements. I'd be interested to hear how long it took you to get information from them. Also, be interested to have updates on your progress
    :dance: Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I am with A&L, I asked for my money back and was lucky to receive it from the first letter, bu then it was only 50 quid, although i received a response telling me how i need to read and understand there t & c. I dont rate A&L customer service, they have some right rude cows.

Most banks from what i have read have backed down before court date, but i bet A&L make you a offer (ie 200) first.

get your money back shaz, and like russjo said, keep us in the loop. I see you are both newbies, so have thanked you both, byebye
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • Russjo
    Russjo Posts: 66 Forumite
    Options
    I don't believe for one moment that A&L are going to make me an offer. Unfortunately, I haven't been the best client and from reading other posts, it appears that I can fully expect to cease business with them once this is done. I've got four accounts with them, but only one that we've had problems with. Any idea if they will try to close all four? I've seen one post from a while ago where they did, but not sure if this is their usual practise
    :dance: Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • trinidadone
    trinidadone Posts: 3,341 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    i guess it depends how much money u have in the accounts, for example, if you had 50k in each account, they need you, but if you got 5p, hell, get stuffed. not heard of A&L closing down, but get a parachute account quicky just incase
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • MimiJane
    MimiJane Posts: 7,963 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Russjo wrote: »
    I don't believe for one moment that A&L are going to make me an offer. Unfortunately, I haven't been the best client and from reading other posts, it appears that I can fully expect to cease business with them once this is done. I've got four accounts with them, but only one that we've had problems with. Any idea if they will try to close all four? I've seen one post from a while ago where they did, but not sure if this is their usual practise

I think you'll find they may well make you an offer ... I'm claiming for over £3k and they've made me a ridiculous offer which I've rejected and told them I'm pursuing the full amount through the courts. This seems to be one of their tactics. Have a look at the A&L thread further down this forum ... lots of useful info. there.icon7.gif
    Wins since 2009 = £17,600

MANY THANKS TO ALL OPS
  • dj9928
    dj9928 Posts: 343 Forumite
    Options
    I do believe they are, I had a problem getting my statements to start of with, I had to report them to get them, They gave me a default all because of the bloody rip off fees. They are doing the same with the other halfs statements, the 40 days are up tomorrow.

My other half has 2 accounts with them and they are up to there old tricks again, She phoned them on Friday to get money transfered from one alliance and leicester account to another to cover a direct debit. She was told it would be done and the money would be in Saturday morning, Saturday morning it wasn't done, she phoned back it will be in tomorrow she was told, she phoned back yesterday and it wasn't done, she was told it will be in this morning and the person made a note on the account so she wouldn't get a charge, she phones back this morning, a failed direct debit charge, and another charge for going over her limit and the direct debit still not paid.

Of course she give off on the phone to the advisor but she didn't give a dam and will not refund the fees :mad: :mad:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure