Alliance & Leicester (merged)

Options

Comments

• jay2jay99
    Options
    Hi, I started a claim through 'Money Claim Online' after sending them the standard letters asking for the £260 back, they refused on both. They have acknowledged my claim and I have recieved a copy of the 'acknowledgement of service' and they have ticked that they intend to defend the claim, should I be worried? It's not much so thought they would just settle, I am currently out of the country until the end of next month, could this end up being a problem?

Many thanks,

Jason.
  • pinkysmum
    pinkysmum Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    i wrote to alliance & leicester using the template letter on this site asking for the charges to be refunded - they refused. sent the letter threatening court - refused. we have registered on the court site again mentioned on here, but not 100% sure whether to carry on and submit our claim. has anyone gone this far? what has been the outcome? thanks :-)
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'll pop your post into the A&L thread where you'll find plenty of people at the same stage as you with A&L but also you'll find plenty of people who have had success with A&L without seeing the inside of the court room.
  • pinkysmum
    Options
    thanks, sorry where do i find the a&l thread??
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sit tight and I'll shift you :)
  • pinkysmum
    Options
    found it thanks!!! looks like there's a few others out there feeling the same as us....!??!?!?!?? i've seen a lot of posts where ppl are saying about ltrs they've had off a&l, exactly the same ltrs we've had!! they're sods aren't they??? tho it also looks like in a lot of cases they are coughing up. and i've just discovered we may be eligible for exemption of court fees which is even better!!! think we're gonna go ahead. thanks
  • eyeball0001
    eyeball0001 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    Right then guys...

I just got an offer from A&L after i claimed through MCOL this monday.

I am claiming £2835 ish and they wrote me a letter and sent a cheque offering £431.50! Cheeky sods!

I'm going to have a look through the old posts in a sec, but does anyone have any advice/experience of this?

I assume i can either accept as part payment 'without prejudice' and leave my claim running, but give MCOL a call to adjust it...or...

I can rip it up and send it back?

Si
    A&L - 1st letter requesting money sent 22/03
    - Standard Reply
    - 2nd letter requesting money sent
    02/04

- Standard Reply
    - 23/04/07 MCOL claim started
    - 27/04/07 - Offer received & rejected
    - 28/04/07 - Letter fromA&L Solicitors stating intention to defend

HSBC - 1st letter requesting money sent 07/03
    - Standard Reply

- 2nd letter requesting money sent 21/03
    - 01/05 Received Offer for good amount
  • LFCGUY
    LFCGUY Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Right then guys...

I just got an offer from A&L after i claimed through MCOL this monday.

I am claiming £2835 ish and they wrote me a letter and sent a cheque offering £431.50! Cheeky sods!

I'm going to have a look through the old posts in a sec, but does anyone have any advice/experience of this?

I assume i can either accept as part payment 'without prejudice' and leave my claim running, but give MCOL a call to adjust it...or...

I can rip it up and send it back?

Si

They done that to me, I got a letter last saturday with an offer for £180, I was claiming £1200 in interest, I ripped it and 2 and sent it back, I've not heard anything else yet.
  • eyeball0001
    eyeball0001 Posts: 138 Forumite
    Options
    LFCGUY wrote: »
    They done that to me, I got a letter last saturday with an offer for £180, I was claiming £1200 in interest, I ripped it and 2 and sent it back, I've not heard anything else yet.

Did you send the pieces back to them? THats what i'm tempted to do, but I wouldn't mind a template of a rejection letter if you've got one...

On another note, not an ideal result against chelsea, but we'll finish them at Anfield ;-)
    A&L - 1st letter requesting money sent 22/03
    - Standard Reply
    - 2nd letter requesting money sent
    02/04

- Standard Reply
    - 23/04/07 MCOL claim started
    - 27/04/07 - Offer received & rejected
    - 28/04/07 - Letter fromA&L Solicitors stating intention to defend

HSBC - 1st letter requesting money sent 07/03
    - Standard Reply

- 2nd letter requesting money sent 21/03
    - 01/05 Received Offer for good amount
  • LFCGUY
    LFCGUY Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Did you send the pieces back to them? THats what i'm tempted to do, but I wouldn't mind a template of a rejection letter if you've got one...

On another note, not an ideal result against chelsea, but we'll finish them at Anfield ;-)

I sent the pieces back, I think there is a letter floating around but I just wrote something like "Thank you for the offer but I will be continuing with the court claim"

Yes it should be no problem at Anfiled (I HOPE):T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport