PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pimp My Bin Old-Stylers!

Comments

• I do not want to be a party pooper but don't the bins belong to the council and are we allowed to decorate them...and also they stay with the house when we move on??
  • I also wondered that cotsvale. would love to pimp my bin but are you sure we're allowed?? At the moment I have my door number painted on in white paint and I have still had one of them stolen :mad:
  • mirakl
    mirakl Posts: 484 Forumite
    cotsvale wrote:
    I do not want to be a party pooper but don't the bins belong to the council and are we allowed to decorate them...and also they stay with the house when we move on??

I would argue that since we are charged for them if they get lost that they're not council property
    My Doctor told me that "1 out of 3 people who start smoking will eventually die." The other two apparently became immortal.

eBay £00-00
    Amazon £00-00

Grand Total £99-41
  • mirakl wrote:
    I would argue that since we are charged for them if they get lost that they're not council property

maybe I'm lucky but i wasn't charged for a new one when the last 2 were stollen, so maybe mine do belong to the council??:confused:
  • Yeah - I had to pay £20 for my blue recycling bin :eek: That was just to have one initially.
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • hazzie123
    hazzie123 Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    I had my wheelie bin stolen twice now,first time still had all my rubbish in! they`d nick anything not nailed down where I live.Second time was last friday which annoyed me as I`ve had to make 3 trips to the tip.

I have acquired a wheelie bin which was dumped near the railway lines and I`m going to pimp it up this weekend with the kids.

I`m going for a pre-school dried pasta look.

This is a great challenge,Thanks Martin!

Just gotta buy some cheapo pasta and some sort of glue to be able to stick the pasta on.Will also varnish it.

Will anyone be posting photos of their lovely new pimped wheelie bins?

Would be nice to see how others have turned out and give other OS`ers ideas for their own.

PS.Any ideas how to colour pasta without painting every single piece?
    Debt Free Date:10/09/2007 :j :money:
  • mrs_baggins
    mrs_baggins Posts: 1,290 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Bambam wrote:
    Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh. :eek: Did we really use wallpaper like that in the 70's? :rotfl:

you mean its out of date?? should I take mine down??? :rotfl:
  • can we have photos of people who have pimped there bins?
    Quidco =£446 march 09
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    I haven't had my bin stolen but one of the neighbours took ours by mistake once even though it had the house number painted on the top. It was returned a couple of days later half full of unwrapped rubbish and I had to hose it out after it was emptied. Now I have my house number painted in large figures on all four sides and the top.
  • the best idea I have seen is to paint a speed limit onthe side of your bin on bin day this has a dramatic effect on drivers passing by.

Although not personal very effective
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport