PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pimp My Bin Old-Stylers!

Comments

• A load of MSE car stickers and PVA glue :)

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=297036
  • Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    When we got our bin my OH scratched (quite deep) our house number into it then painted over it with white paint. The paint has now worn away except where it sank into the scratches, so the number is still legible. And its permanent.

I'm sure some of you artists out there could do something a bit more imaginative than house numbers :j
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • Strepsy
    Strepsy Posts: 5,651 Forumite
    You could use carrier bags to create a nice paint-scrunched effect over the bin.

A couple of old belts attached together might look funky near the top.

Mine's green, so I could turn the lid into a frog's head.
    I've been lucky, I'll be lucky again. ~ Bette Davis
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    I would love to buy one of the stickers on the site LOL my neighbours across would be horrified LOL they are proper wheelie bin snobs, they have tape on the handles so no-one pinches theirs by mistake.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I'm going to imitate the biggest rubbish celebrity going.... no not Jason Donovan in the jungle...... but Dusty Bin :D

200px-3-2-1cover_1982.jpg

I guess these would be the instructions:

1. If it isn't already - paint it grey
    2. Pinch your dads old trainers (don't use your own - thats not moneysaving) and glue them to the bottom of the bin.
    3. The squashed football thats been at the bottom of the garden for the last six months will make a fab nose
    4. You might need to get the felt tip pens out for the face
    5. Sticks and old rubber gloves for the hands

I am so tempted to go and pimp my bin now :D
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • vivaladiva
    vivaladiva Posts: 2,425 Forumite
    If we're thinking wheelie bin theif deterrent, I quite fancy a take on the Dr Who episode where Rose's boyfriend got eaten by the wheelie bin. Not sure how the actual design would go short of getting quite complicated with chicken wire/papier mache (thanks DD14) and a pair of old trousers!
    Maybe I'm too wierd. :rolleyes:
    I have plenty of willpower - it's won't power I need.
  • Strepsy
    You could work a nice trellis effect over it or a chess board with black insulation tape. If you have a few colours and thicknesses you could do a weave or tartan effect.

Create a funky disco-style bin with old cds and PVA glue.

Blow up choice words in interesting fonts and print out. Then cut out and glue with PVA. (I might actually do this one, just need to think of good words... Recycle, Green...)
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Or if you are really good at art a Trompe l'oeil that blended in with the background - a brick wall or garden fence. Then nobody would be able to see it to pinch it ;)
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • Strepsy
    How cool would like bargain basement 70s wallpaper look. I guess you'd have to coat it it PVA or something... http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/betty_bee/wallpaper-60s-70s-DHD.jpg Oh yeah.
  • Punky
    Punky Posts: 450 Forumite
    First Post
    Two words... PAINTING PARTY!!!!! :j :j :j

Take all those old pots of paints in the shed/garage and just add children*!!!

I'm sure the little treasures could come up with some wonderful designs, costs nothing, uses up the paint and keeps the kids happy - what a winner!

(*dressed in overalls obviously, I'm not that irresponsible :D )
    Punky x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport