PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Pimp My Bin Old-Stylers!

Comments

• Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    Strepsy wrote:
    How cool would like bargain basement 70s wallpaper look. I guess you'd have to coat it it PVA or something... http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/betty_bee/wallpaper-60s-70s-DHD.jpg Oh yeah.

Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh. :eek: Did we really use wallpaper like that in the 70's? :rotfl:
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh. Did we really use wallpaper like that in the 70's?

My mum and dad had that in thier bedroom when I was little!!!!.:eek: OMG I'd forgotten all about it until I saw that. How did they sleep at night.....
  • Bambam
    Bambam Posts: 359 Forumite
    My mum and dad had that in thier bedroom when I was little!!!!.:eek: OMG I'd forgotten all about it until I saw that. How did they sleep at night.....

That is soooo funny :rotfl:
    It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.
    :kisses3:
  • tr3mor
    tr3mor Posts: 2,325 Forumite
    Bambam wrote:
    Aaaaarrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhhh. :eek: Did we really use wallpaper like that in the 70's? :rotfl:

I quite like it :o
  • My mum and dad had that in thier bedroom when I was little!!!!.:eek: OMG I'd forgotten all about it until I saw that. How did they sleep at night.....

They were probably too busy staying awake making yo.........cakes. :rotfl:
    It's not easy having a good time. Even smiling makes my face ache.
  • That has really sung to me - 3 X boys and some paints, we can have a camoflage bin with something like "steal and die" written on it. My eldest made a wonderful shield for their den with "blood" dripping from the letters, just think what he could do with a bin!

Not sure my neighbours would be impressed but I always feel we let the street down anyway!
  • Lillibet_2
    Lillibet_2 Posts: 3,364 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    "Beware of the Maggots"
    painted on the lid should do the trick:rotfl:
    Post Natal Depression is the worst part of giving birth:p

In England we have Mothering Sunday & Father Christmas, Mothers day & Santa Clause are American merchandising tricks:mad: Demonstrate pride in your heirtage by getting it right please people!
  • loren83
    loren83 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I love coloured tapes, (electricle tape, neon stuff etc) you could cover your bin with beautiful geometric shapes and paterns, spirals, mosaics and even type! Will stay on the bin for ages, but can be peeled off and changed if you get bored. I'm sure the kids would love to get involved to making pictures on it like this wee robot below.

lp10b.jpg

shrine.jpg
  • debbym
    debbym Posts: 460 Forumite
    Gonna do this and combine it with a trip to the park for the kids.
    Collect lots of leaves and seeds and glue onto the bin with PVA glue.
    Then (because PVA peels straight off non-porous plastic which is why you can make window clingers with it) coat in varnish. My kids (3 and 5) love collecting things like this anyway and sticking is their favourite thing to do and I get an identifiable bin - win all round. :)
  • elona
    elona Posts: 11,806 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Something that would be simple and quick would be to "write" the address on the front of the bin with glue and then sprinkle glitter or beads etc on top.

If you want to be more ambitious you could do stripes or different patterns using different coulours of glitter etc.
    "This site is addictive!"
    Wooligan 2 squares for smoky - 3 squares for HTA
    Preemie hats - 2.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills