We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

47kg Propane Calor Gas Prices - What are you paying?

Comments

• mardatha
    mardatha Posts: 15,612 Forumite
    £64 up here!
  • 46kg Cheshire Gas delivered £60 with exnge bottle
  • jaybell
    jaybell Posts: 16 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary
    today here on Staffs/ Chesh border £45 each including VAT and delivery. My supplier says he is sure prices will start rising soon again soon following the cheeky uplift in petrol and diesel prices by the supermarket chains.
    At this price of £45 I'm taking 10 47 kg bottles to see me through the rest of this spring's heating period and hopefully well into the autumn.
  • Mistyang
    Mistyang Posts: 20,545 Forumite
    venison wrote: »
    the good news is that if in summer you only use it to heat water a bottle will last you 3-4 months.

:j:j:j:j:j:j Yayyy thats good
    And I have done reading & geography.. too ! ;)
    Dont break my heart...my miley smiley cyrus heart :D
    Crazy Nutters Member No 1067
    Bad Mothers Member No. 153 and Mummy to the lovely girls & MSE Nanna...:j
  • seanoge
    seanoge Posts: 5 Forumite
    Just ordered from Worldlink @ £44.99- delivered, usual price down in Penzance - £58.-
  • Hi all

I refill my own bottles as a 47 kg bottle holds around 91.8 ltrs but I put only 80 ltrs of gas in each bottle.

I take my bottles to the petrol station & use the auto gas to refill my bottles as my local station 49p a ltr with upto 10p of a ltr so I'm paying 39p a ltr so my bottles as costing me around
    £39.20 per bottle
  • fuelmizer
    fuelmizer Posts: 7 Forumite
    urfy_t wrote: »
    Alderney, Channel Islands - No VAT; 1x47kg Calor Gas refill is £111.65. Luckily, I only use it for cooking.
    Hi
    I've read this thread with great interest, have you ever thought of induction cooking? I wouldn't have anything else, more controllable, quicker (so cheaper), cleaner, safer and in my opinion superior to any gas lpg, natural gas or other electrical types!!!
    Regards
    Fuelmizer
  • Juliandicks
    Juliandicks Posts: 13 Forumite
    Hi all

I refill my own bottles as a 47 kg bottle holds around 91.8 ltrs but I put only 80 ltrs of gas in each bottle.

I take my bottles to the petrol station & use the auto gas to refill my bottles as my local station 49p a ltr with upto 10p of a ltr so I'm paying 39p a ltr so my bottles as costing me around
    £39.20 per bottle

I think you will find that filling a cylinder at a petrol station is probably illegal as well as very highly dangerous :(

You only end up with an 80% full bottle for £40.00, you had to lug it there and back risking life and limb and prison !!!

Just give Woldlink a call they will deliver a 100% full 47Kg to you nationwide for free with no bottle deposit for only £44.95 or as a direct comparison 80% £35.96

No lifting, prison or Hospital involved :)
  • Hi

I can't find prices online less than £65. Is there anyone in Lincoln area that can recommend a supplier for me to try?

Thanks
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 13 September 2016 at 11:04PM
    chucklles wrote: »
    Hi

I can't find prices online less than £65. Is there anyone in Lincoln area that can recommend a supplier for me to try?

Thanks

Welcome - and please see the post immediately before yours (the one by Juliandicks, especially paragraph 3 quoting a price of £44.95 in July). And verminous posts #314, #335 and #336 somewhat earlier.

This is copied from Woldlink's twitter:
    Great prices on gas bottles of all sizes from Woldlink. Simply call the team on 01507 605230. Delivery available nationwide.

I suspect the cylinders will have a Flogas badge, and be delivered by your local Flogas distributor - Woldlink have a tie-up with Flogas for bulk domestic LPG which they are currently selling at 22.05ppl - see here..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 345.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 251K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 451K Spending & Discounts
  • 237.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 612.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 174.3K Life & Family
  • 251K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.