PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

February 2011 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• cutiepieabf
    Options
    Great post very useful!

and I do recommend twinks hobknobs easy and so tasty, OH asked me now to find a homemade gingernut recipe like the hobknobs any one got a recipe???

i have a recipe for gingerbread which includes cocoa powder so has a choc twist but makes lovely biscuits. i'll post later when i get home...
    DFBX2016 #160 - £3550/£8800

DFBX2017 #160 - £0/£11,378

£0/7807 CapOne (0% PAID) £0/2776 Tesco (0% PAID)
    £820/820 HSBC OD (100% PAID) £0/£795 HSBC M/C (0% PAID)
  • cutiepieabf
    Options
    sorry for the influx of posts - havent been on for a while and just caught up with the thread. I had a stomach bug last week and was really off food, but i still kept to the menu plan (just made smaller portions for me). then it was my birthday tues and OH treated us to dinner at F&B. havent been there for ages as its quite pricey. so i think that has helped with the NSD. I havent been counting them up but i know i havent been going to the shop as much as i dont buy the paper everyday anymore. ;)

i am going to have a baking session tonight as i have 6 eggs left UBD today. i'l check them first in a bowl of water just to make sure. planning on making fairy cakes, flapjacks, sausage rolls, apple turnovers and samosas. i'm just getting some recipes off JO 30min's. very handy programme! i cant believe the price of gas these days. its disgusting. i wish we could switch to electric cooker...

well done everybody. keep up the good work. :)
    DFBX2016 #160 - £3550/£8800

DFBX2017 #160 - £0/£11,378

£0/7807 CapOne (0% PAID) £0/2776 Tesco (0% PAID)
    £820/820 HSBC OD (100% PAID) £0/£795 HSBC M/C (0% PAID)
  • cat_smith
    cat_smith Posts: 1,258 Forumite
    Options
    £8.56 spent at the local butcher this morning. I need to spend the weekend cooking as I'm away for 10days and need to leave a freezer full of 1 person meals for DH.

Not sure where I'll be going for the 10 days. Was supposed to be an all expenses paid (by DM&D) cruise on the Nile in a paddle steamer. Don't think that is going to be happening:rotfl:
    GC Mar 13 £47.36/£150
  • HowlinWolf
    Options
    I'm another who hasn't posted for a while. Can you put me down for £200 a month or£2400 per year please?
    Sealed pot member 735
    Frugal Living Challenge 2011
    GC 2011 404.92/2400
  • LittleMissHappy_2
    Options
    Small spend at Mr T today on milk, philly, pasta and rice. Will update sig.....x
    Be the change you want to see in the world - Gandhi
    OU - DD100 (P :)), DSE141 (D :j), DSE212 (P :)), ED209 (02/12), DXR222 (07/12) SD226 (02/13)
  • helen_jelly
    helen_jelly Posts: 2,982 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon everyone

I've blown it this month,I was managing to keep track but with all that has happened I've lost count and receipts so declaring Feb nul and void and waiting till March to start again!

I'm reading the thread but have nothing to contribute as I can't remember burger all at the mo - silly mare that I am I'm struggling to remember what I have to do daily cos there is so much going on

You are all doing really well - pat on back's duly given out

Remember - we don't fail, we look, learn and move on

Helen x
    Projects made for craft fair - 40 :)
    1st fair on 13/4/14 :j
  • Gorgeestwo
    Options
    Just back from Mr S, spent £62.23, got alot for that, they didn't have some stuff, so I do need to do a shop over the weekend, but overall am pretty pleased and definately have enough to last us all next week fingerscrossed :)
  • laineyc_2
    Options
    Happy Friday, everyone. I am planning NSD's at the weekend. I am making HM pizzas tonight and plan to do some baking after lunch. I have everything I need for the weekend, including lunches. The boys are planning to have the left over doner meat for a snack after school. They asked me not to freeze it. I just have to make the garlic sauce. I made lots of chicken stock yesterday. My freezer is full. I am looking forward to getting another freezer in May. I have been humming and hahing about getting a breadmaker. Need to be sure I have storage space for it. Popped into my SIL's this morning and she showed her BM and gave me run through on how it works. Might get one next month.
    GC 2011 Feb £626.89/£450 NSD3/7 March £531.26/£450 April £495.99/£500 NSD 0/7 May £502.79/£500
    June £511.99/£480 July £311.56/£480
  • AlwaysHappy
    AlwaysHappy Posts: 1,506 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm absolutely gutted. Having failed miserably the last couple of months was determined to succeed this month. This morning, looked at my diary, worked out what I had left, did my list, planned my shop online to see where best value, shopped, came home and then realised I had been carrying the wrong figure forward so hence I have actually already overspent (my month runs to the 19th so only a week left). I feel really deflated. Although my freezer is full and I probably now have enough meals in the house to get through a few weeks would have just liked to have been able to record that I DID IT!! Moan over, feel strangely better for off loading.
    I'm not a failure if I don't make it, I'm a success because I :tried!
  • XSpender
    XSpender Posts: 3,811 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm absolutely gutted. Having failed miserably the last couple of months was determined to succeed this month. This morning, looked at my diary, worked out what I had left, did my list, planned my shop online to see where best value, shopped, came home and then realised I had been carrying the wrong figure forward so hence I have actually already overspent (my month runs to the 19th so only a week left). I feel really deflated. Although my freezer is full and I probably now have enough meals in the house to get through a few weeks would have just liked to have been able to record that I DID IT!! Moan over, feel strangely better for off loading.

Don't beat yourself up AlwaysHappy. I have not once in all the months I have been on the GC actually come in under budget but I cook better and more varied food, waste less and spend less than I ever did as I am sure you do now so that has to be a good thing doesn't it?:)

Just back from a trip to Mr T where I spent 17p:rotfl: Well, 17p of real money and £25.50 of vouchers, still got £10 of vouchers left too:D Got the usual staples like milk, bread, fruit and formula and some meat and veggie sausages to make meals out of using up all my veg. Also got value feta and value garlic bread to try as it was so much cheaper than the Mr T stuff. The feta is going in a pasta bake I make with courgettes (in this mornings veg box) and sun dried toms. Missing the sd toms out though as can't afford them at the min. Will bung a bit of sd tom puree in that I found in the back of the cupboard instead:D

Right, best go feed the baby and bake a cake for the visitors tonight.
    Save £10,500 - £2673.77 - 25.5%
    Pay off £7000 - £1743 - 19.4%
    Make £2021 extra income - £99.75
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills