Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• StoobyDoo
    Options
    How do I stop my local branch contacting me! I have asked my local branch many times to STOP sending me crap. I used to be a very happy specsavers costumer, until I requested my prescription only 2 months after my test (so work could buy me some safety specs) The first time i requested it, I was told i would be put straight in the post. after 3 weeks of waiting I called again and said I really needed it ASAP, I was told again it would be sent out, another week went by, so I called in to store and asked again, I was then told It wouldn't be safe for me to get safety specs anywhere else and they could supply them. BS! after 5 minutes of arguing i walked out without my prescription and ending up using my previous one as i only where the for shot periods of time. Role on two years and i get my retest voucher in the post. After dire service I received at Thornbury, I decided to call another branch to see if I could use the voucher there, The answer i got in a very sarcastic raised voice was " what does it say on the voucher? Oh Thornbury well of coarse it cant be BLOODY used in here"

So now I wont be using specsavers again! I just don't want to be contacted anymore
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    StoobyDoo wrote: »
    So now I wont be using specsavers again! I just don't want to be contacted anymore
    Just put any and all such junk mail in the recycle bin, the envelopes are clearly marked with their logo.

I doubt it will be worth the further effort involved in removing yourself from their database, but if you want them to then you should put your request in writing.
  • kirtondm
    kirtondm Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Request in writing.

If no joy complain to their data protection officer
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    How do I stop my local branch contacting me! I have asked my local branch many times to STOP sending me crap. I used to be a very happy specsavers costumer, until I requested my prescription only 2 months after my test (so work could buy me some safety specs) The first time i requested it, I was told i would be put straight in the post. after 3 weeks of waiting I called again and said I really needed it ASAP, I was told again it would be sent out, another week went by, so I called in to store and asked again, I was then told It wouldn't be safe for me to get safety specs anywhere else and they could supply them. BS! after 5 minutes of arguing i walked out without my prescription and ending up using my previous one as i only where the for shot periods of time. Role on two years and i get my retest voucher in the post. After dire service I received at Thornbury, I decided to call another branch to see if I could use the voucher there, The answer i got in a very sarcastic raised voice was " what does it say on the voucher? Oh Thornbury well of coarse it cant be BLOODY used in here"

Why not name and Shame that branch..
  • Chordeiles
    Chordeiles Posts: 164 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Interesting that Specsavers took the trouble to get registered as an "official company responder" on this forum, but not a word from them in the past 4 years ?

I'd like to assume that this means no-one had any problems with Specsavers in the past 4 years, but sadly my own experience is otherwise.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options

Just shred the letter with your name and recycle the envelope and job done, takes 5 seconds.

You could even mark it as not at this address anymore and post it back to them.
  • cannedpictures
    Options
    Received a Specsavers glasses catalogue- Decorate youtself at Specsavers 'through the post. Some interesting frames so went to West Ealing Specsavers (81 the Broadway West Ealing - 020 8840 8744‎ ) this afternoon, eventually left in disgust.
    I couldn't get in the front glass door as I have a walker as and MS and it was far too heavy, eventually a passerby helped me.

The staff inside were too busy chatting to even notice a customer, they were hiddne behong a display and the store was empty.

I asked about the frames in the catalogue and was told that Specsavers don't get copies of the catalogue so could I go and get the catalogue or come back again when I had it with me!! They made absolutely no effort at all to show me any frames or even designers I might recognise. They said the manager was at lunch and the head ffice was in Guernsey. There was no other help offered except sullen rudeness needless to say they lost the business but have won a well deserved bad name.

I was appalled at offensive attitude towards customers and the comatose response to doing any work. They are also legally obliged to make their entrance accessible but it's not worth going in anyway Trust Pilot will warn others,:(
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    cannedpictures, did you mean to post that on the Praise, Vent & Warnings board?
  • Humdinger1
    Humdinger1 Posts: 1,901 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Just to add to this thread, I stopped going in Aug 2014 after they moved their Wichester branch, didn't say so till I rang to enquire why I was standing outside an empty shop, then threatened me with a cancelled appointment and penalty fee if I didn't get to the new address within 10 mins. I went in for the free test and advised them that after their rudeness there was no way I was ever going to order complicated specs costing hundreds from them.
  • Emma11111
    Options
    Hi I would also like to make a compaint does anyone have a number for head office or highest up departments available soooo p*** off .......

Took my just turned son for an eye test just for a health check at the DARLINGTON branch was in there for an hour while they tested his he had to go on a machine to look in his eyes table was too high and stool to low had to try and push him up for them to see in to his eyes they couldn't do it so we had to come back 3 days after to get drops in his eyes when that was done she told me HE NEEDED TO WEAR GLASSES he was long sighted and had an astigma and sed try and force he to wear them as much as possable so off we went picked out his glasses had a choice of 3 pairs that would fit coz he only has a small head and needed to come back a week later

A week went by picked up his glasses the man put them on and sed to my 4 yr old how many fingers am I holding up which he could of told him without them i had no reasons to think he would need glasses as his vision seemed fine to me
    So he left glasses on for most of that day he was watching tv with them on the end of his nose I told he he had to look through them they need to make his eyes better he says t9 me but I can't see I need to move them to see the telly so at that stage I was a bit unsure thought mane he just not use to them as time goes by I new there was something not wright

Next day I phone specsavers In NEWTON AYCKLIFF t9 get his eyes tested for a second time the lady was nice looked at his eyes dis the animals on the walls n stuff for there t9 tell me your sons sight is good BETTER THAN A AVERAGE 4 YR OLD at that point I was really annoyed at the DARLINGTON branch sp he hade gone for needing +2.00 +3.00 too 0 in the space of a week if I left my son to wear those glasses for 3 months 8 proble would of damaged his eyes and he couldn't even see out of the as he DIDNT NEED THEM IN THE FIRST PLACE
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure