Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• Mancunian_Nick
    Options
    I just contacted Specsaver's head office number (0845 etc as given in this thread on page 1) and spoke to a very helpful gentleman.

It's worth noting if it hasn't already that Specsavers are now totally franchised and each store is run in its own right, therefore your best port of call is with the store concerned. It would seem HQ (based in Guernsey but not sure where the 0845 number connects to as it's a non geographical number, obviously) and they are limited in what they can tell you or help with.

Well for what little that's worth, maybe it will help someone sometime. :) :beer:
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Since 13 June 2014 it has been illegal to offer a premium rate 084, 087 or 09 number for after-sales enquiries and issues. Presumably the number has since changed, perhaps to an inclusive 03 number or a free-to-caller 080 number.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 21 April 2017 at 7:44PM
    Options
    Ian011 wrote: »
    Since 13 June 2014 it has been illegal to offer a premium rate 084, 087 or 09 number for after-sales enquiries and issues. Presumably the number has since changed, perhaps to an inclusive 03 number or a free-to-caller 080 number.
    Is that true for Guernsey?

That aside, Specsavers' Customer Services can be reached on 0808 172 00 72.

That 0808 number was in this thread over five years ago in post #42 and again later that year in post #55.
    Those posts show that Specsavers have been publishing that 0808 number since at least April 2012.

It seems that Mancunian_Nick is mistaken. There is no 0845 number mentioned on page 1 of this thread, or indeed anywhere else in this thread.
  • andrew-54
    Options
    Just wondering if specsavers have an email for their head office? Would like to follow up on a complaint. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    andrew-54 wrote: »
    Just wondering if specsavers have an email for their head office? Would like to follow up on a complaint. if anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated.

Post #42 has an email address.

No idea whether it still works though. Try it - you've nothing to lose.
  • I'll keep this simple.

I have complained 3 times via the website complaints/comments section but, despite the promise of a swift (48 hours?) response, I have heard nothing.

Right now, all I want is for someone from Specsavers to contact me!
  • Rav469
    Options
    Specsavers is by far the worst eye company I've ever dealt with in my life. I would go as far as saying I would make it my entire life's mission to give bad reviews on any online portal or social media channel to prevent others shopping with this retailer. It sounds dramatic but my experiences are painful. My wife went into the Hayes town branch to replace her lens prescription at Specsavers request. They continued to bill her even when they weren't sending her lenses. She arrived for her appointment 15 mins early and all the optometrists went on lunch together. She booked 2 weeks in advance. A flurry of lies ensued. Despite emails to managing director phone calls to their customer services and chats via their online portal they have never tried to contact her. Specsavers is fundamentally a retailer has no interest in customers or eye health. It's all about money in the till don't believe their mission statement go to any other optician they will care about you and give you great customer service.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Rav469 wrote: »
    Specsavers is...

Hi Rav469. Welcome to the forums.

Do you have a consumer rights issue you would like help with?

Unfortunately good customer service isn't a consumer right.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 July 2018 at 6:06PM
    Options
    Rav despite you had (well your wife) a poor experience, others have had good experience. I used to go, it was ok but not been back for a few years, I now go to Tesco, might give Asda a try next.

You do know 1 experience will not reflect the same at other stores, its all dependamt on the staff at each store.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rav469 wrote: »
    She arrived for her appointment 15 mins early and all the optometrists went on lunch together.

Perhaps it was the easiest way for them to have a meeting? You don't say whether one of them was back in time for her consultation time.

Your experience on one branch doesn't necessarily reflect on any other branch than the one you visited.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure