Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• visidigi
    visidigi Posts: 6,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    xcaliber64 wrote: »
    Get this, I was banned :( from my local SPECSAVERS store in HIGH WYCOMBE in 2010 because I asked for a refund as I couldn't see clearly with my new glasses e.g. they made them incorrectly!

Then when I went back last week (March 2013), after spending nearly an hour choosing two new frames, I was publically embarrased by a member of staff who informed (In front of other customers) that "There is a note on our system that you are not to be served." Can you believe it? Just because they made a mistake making my glasses and I asked for a refund so I could go and get them elsewhere, they banned me! And apparently, as they are independent franchises, I have no right to challenge this. Almost 3 years later they will still not serve me!!
    I now have to travel to the Uxbridge store (14 miles away) to get mine, my wifes, and my daughters glasses! The Uxbridge store, by the way, are great! :T
    THE WORD IS SPREADING SPECSAVERS! We will not put up with customer service like this. Your franchisees are destroying your good name!!

I Will not let this go, I will pursue Specsavers High Wycombe for a full appology!!

I think you've missed off 99.9% of the story here - you've clearly done something to be refused service.
  • xcaliber64
    Options
    Sorry 'Visidigi' what is it i've missed? The only thing I did was to demand a refund so I could go to another SS branch and get the frames I particularly liked. How many chances should I have given them to remake them (Which takes one to two weeks)? If they were unable to carry out an eye test accurately, where is my confidence in them? You don't work for them do you? How can you defend them when, quite clearly, so many people have experienced exceptionally bad customer service. This store simply did not want to hand back money they had taken for lenses they would just have to throw away.
    And yes there are other opticians in High Wycombe, but as said earlier, there was a particular frame that only SS stocked.
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There are ways of demanding. Obviously the ruder and more obnoxious your behaviour the greater the likelihood of being told not to return.

Too many people think that shop staff are there to take abuse when things go wrong. Obviously, I can't say whether that happened in this case, but it's not unknown.
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You don't work for them do you? .

How many times do we see this accusation when newbies get a reply they do not like or agree with.
  • p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,840 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    And yes there are other opticians in High Wycombe, but as said earlier, there was a particular frame that only SS stocked.

You say in your original post that "We will not put up with customer service like this" but not only you but your wife and daughter continue to add to their coffers, and even travel out of your way to do so. If I'd been treated as you claim I would never be darkening their doorstep again and would be telling everyone else not to either, however pretty their frames .. .yet you not only to continue to give them your custom, but your whole family do too! I'm afraid you've lost my sympathy.
  • aggypanthus
    aggypanthus Posts: 1,579 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My branch of over 22 yrs using them, have a lovely husband and wife at the helm, and many of the staff have been with them for many yrs . BUT to save money I bought my last specs from asda- my custom with SS over the yrs was for GP lenses, and had no problems.
  • Angry_Fanboy
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    Too many people think that shop staff are there to take abuse when things go wrong.

Bravo. :)....
  • Confusedoldfart
    Options
    Terrible customer service. I have had to wait six months to change from monthly to daily disposable contact lenses. After all the promises this month I have received both types of lenses.

Contacting their Company is pointless. All you get is "Thank you for your message. We will respond in 48 hours. They don't.

It's been two weeks and no one has bothered to contact me in an effort to solve my problem.

Rip off merchants perhaps.
  • sofaman
    sofaman Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Terrible customer service. I have had to wait six months to change from monthly to daily disposable contact lenses. After all the promises this month I have received both types of lenses.

Contacting their Company is pointless. All you get is "Thank you for your message. We will respond in 48 hours. They don't.

It's been two weeks and no one has bothered to contact me in an effort to solve my problem.

Rip off merchants perhaps.

Yeah, I just fired off a complaint via Specwaster's online form. Not holding my breath though!
  • Kelly1992_21
    Options
    I wasted nearly 6 years of my life working for a Specsavers branch. I would say to anyone who's thinking of going there to get your eyes tested....DON'T. All they care about is getting you in and out as quickly as possible whilst charging you a bomb and getting nothing in return. The staff aren't treated well at all and they pay is appalling. The frames are of very poor quality and are delivered all jumbled up in a box which is thrown about. Even the designer ones which cost at least £99 just for the frames! The offers aren't explained properly and there are lots of hidden costs which patients are not aware of as there are no posters or anything to tell you! The branch I worked at was extremely busy and the so called 'managers' would just stand around chatting and gossiping about other members of staff and patients. The amount of re-tests we had to do was astounding because the prescription was wrong. Often glasses would fall apart within a few months of having them and even though patients had already spent hundreds of pounds on their specs, they would have to pay for repairs such as new screws and nose pads which I hated charging people for! Absolutely ridiculous! Please please please DO NOT waste your money there because you really don't get much to show for it! I was off sick for a few months due to depression and extreme anxiety. Although I had been a loyal member of staff to the company for several years they really couldn't give a toss and so I told them where to stick the job! If you are thinking of applying for a job there please DO NOT!! I realise that this is just my branch and other ones may be ok but in my experience I would definitely not recommend it!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure