Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• sofaman
    sofaman Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    photome wrote: »
    I have used Specsavers many times in Norwich and never had any complaints.

As for Vision express thats another story:(

Same here. Specsavers in Norwich are good (compared to the Thetford branch).
  • Androcles
    Androcles Posts: 77 Forumite
    Options
    I am very concerned that Specsavers have been awarded the national
    contract for the DVLA to conduct the eye tests for Glaucoma regarding continuation of driving licences, to the exclusion of many competent optometrists. What happens if you do not have one of their franchises in your locality? How do you know that they will not fail you on a field vision test if you do not buy your specs from them? Given their record for pressure selling and targets on sales for staff regardless of clinical necessity, are they to be trusted to conduct the tests with objectivity? This is a very concerning development. Giving exclusivity in a public contract can be a recipe for a future scandal.
  • woopwoo
    Options
    Shocking treatment today at Worthing Specsavers! anyone thinking of buying from them think again my holiday now without perscription sunglasses and a manager with about as much charisma charm and look after our customers has all fallen by the wayside very sad i was left sat for 20 mins the order cocked up the lenses wrong the glasses were terrible falling apart no apologies then signed to get money back manager walks off says nothing i sit there thinking she was going to come back so i went up and asked was that it she replied 'Thats it' no eye contact head down, used specsavers for years now i was shocked! left the store with nothing never again!!. Worthing montague street store 15/08/2014 15:36
  • PennyForThem_2
    Options
    I went to SpecSavers - cattle market springs to mind - enough said.

Back to a local optician

(Actually when I went about 3 years ago you had to pay a lot extra for spring back arms to glasses which were actually stnadard for the glasses costing £5-12 in the supermarkets and when I found this out I swore I would not return)
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 September 2014 at 11:08AM
    Options
    To the Specsavers Representative on here

Can you teach the director at the Bournemouth branch (the one in the centre of Bournemouth, not Boscombe) some lessons in customer care?

I have had so much trouble with their contact lens department since April. In all fairness, the spectacles department is really good but their contact lens section is dreadful.

I was supplied with faulty contact lenses that made me feel really dizzy and disoriented TWICE!!
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • YOFWYS
    Options
    I would like to complain to Specsavers about one of their branch Directors but the complaints service seems to only go up as high as the branch directors themselves. Any advice? Thanks.
  • celeste110
    Options
    In mid Nov 2014, I went there to get a pair of new glasses because my power had changed. Shortly after, I went back to obtain new contact lenses prescription. I would have thought that having done a thorough eye check for glasses prescription, getting new contact lense prescription would be a breeze. However, this was not the case. I was told that I need an appointment for an eye check, followed by an appointment to wear my trial lenses, and finally a follow up appointment for eye check to ensure that lens fit well even though I had emphasised that I am a season contact lens user. Also, it was not helping that the appointments slots they offered were very spaced out. Between end Nov 2014 and now ie 20 Jan 2015, I managed only 2 of the 3 appointments. The third one was supposed to be on 20 Jan 2015, however, prior to the appointment time itself, they moved the appointment forward by 15mins without confirming it with me. And when I arrived, they refused to serve me and accused me of being late. They requested me to book another appointment, and the next earliest appointment they had was in Feb 2015. This is atrocious service in my opinion. If I were in Singapore, I could have walked in to any optician and obtained my contact lenses prescription in less than an hour. I am never going back to Specsavers after this.
  • wealdroam
    wealdroam Posts: 19,181 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    celeste110 wrote: »
    If I were in Singapore, I could have walked in to any optician and obtained my contact lenses prescription in less than an hour.
    How is that relevant?
  • celeste110
    Options
    I am totally annoyed by the poor service offered by Specsavers too. In mid Nov 2014, I went there to get a pair of new glasses because my power had changed. Shortly after, I went back to obtain new contact lenses prescription. I would have thought that having done a thorough eye check for glasses prescription, getting new contact lense prescription would be a breeze. However, this was not the case. I was told that I need an appointment for an eye check, followed by an appointment to wear my trial lenses, and finally a follow up appointment for eye check to ensure that lens fit well even though I had emphasised that I am a season contact lens user. Also, it was not helping that the appointments slots they offered were very spaced out. Between end Nov 2014 and now ie 20 Jan 2015, I managed only 2 of the 3 appointments. The third one was supposed to be on 20 Jan 2015, however, prior to the appointment time itself, they moved the appointment forward by 15mins without confirming it with me. And when I arrived, they refused to serve me and accused me of being late. They requested me to book another appointment, and the next earliest appointment they had was in Feb 2015. This is atrocious service in my opinion. If I were in Singapore, I could have walked in to any optician and obtained my contact lenses prescription in less than an hour. I am never going back to Specsavers after this.
  • tomtontom
    tomtontom Posts: 7,929 Forumite
    Options
    celeste110 wrote: »
    I am totally annoyed by the poor service offered by Specsavers too. In mid Nov 2014, I went there to get a pair of new glasses because my power had changed. Shortly after, I went back to obtain new contact lenses prescription. I would have thought that having done a thorough eye check for glasses prescription, getting new contact lense prescription would be a breeze. However, this was not the case. I was told that I need an appointment for an eye check, followed by an appointment to wear my trial lenses, and finally a follow up appointment for eye check to ensure that lens fit well even though I had emphasised that I am a season contact lens user. Also, it was not helping that the appointments slots they offered were very spaced out. Between end Nov 2014 and now ie 20 Jan 2015, I managed only 2 of the 3 appointments. The third one was supposed to be on 20 Jan 2015, however, prior to the appointment time itself, they moved the appointment forward by 15mins without confirming it with me. And when I arrived, they refused to serve me and accused me of being late. They requested me to book another appointment, and the next earliest appointment they had was in Feb 2015. This is atrocious service in my opinion. If I were in Singapore, I could have walked in to any optician and obtained my contact lenses prescription in less than an hour. I am never going back to Specsavers after this.

And she's posted it again!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport