Specsavers - do they have a complaint department and head office?

Options

Comments

• MOGGYMALONE
    Options
    Regards prescriptions for eyewear. I noticed on my specsavers prescription there were only two details so rang them to ask for a copy of my full prescription with all the details on it and have been sent yet again the same thing - two figures leaving blank areas on the form. Surely this is not proper procedure for issuing a prescription for eyewear? Or are the other details measurements which they are not required to provide. I too would like to order additional glasses online but can't because I dont have all the details.
  • sofaman
    sofaman Posts: 104 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The branch I worked at was extremely busy and the so called 'managers' would just stand around chatting and gossiping about other members of staff and patients.

Wow, sounds like the store I used to attend in Norfolk. Some of the staff gossiping about patients within earshot of the waiting area. I also noticed a high turnover of staff (judging by the number of vacancies in JCP+). :(

Glad you got out though - sounds like a toxic working environment!
  • Grumpygit
    Options
    I used to go there and the service was fine for me - their lenses were fine - although this is Guernsey so you would expect it to be better given the Head Office is here!

I don't go there now since laser eye surgery but the OH got missold glasses and the prescription was so wrong that it is actually only now (some 3 years later) more correct since his eyes have got worse!

I wouldn't recommend anyone to go there either
  • Coopdivi
    Coopdivi Posts: 3,412 Forumite
    Options
    I've got no complaints about the store in Ipswich. They've always been very good for me.

The frames have been fine and lasted years. I accidentally stood and sat on my glasses two weeks running and they repaired them free of charge. I've also had nose pads replaced as well as being given a spare set, again for no extra cost.

I believe Specsavers are franchises so other people may well have had bad experiences which obviously isn't very nice but I have full confidence in my local branch.
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,834 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    My local branch in Aberdeen is very good and I have never had a problem there. Well trained and helpful staff who always explain all the offers and work out the best one for what I need. In fact when buying recently they even gave an extra reduction as the frames in the price I wanted weren't suitable for my prescription and I had to get the dearer frames.

Any time I need a repair or adjustment they do it right away and don't charge.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • kajuco
    kajuco Posts: 11 Forumite
    Options
    I need to contact Specsavers, but don't want to phone them. Does anybody know if they (Dalston Cross) have email addresses? They don't seem to be shown on their site.
  • Doobee
    Options
    I have worked all my life and have always paid for my glasses, I was made redundant and had to apply for benefits. I needed new glasses as my current glasses are scratched and damaged. I had an NHS eye test, my prescription hasn't changed so the optician told me that I couldn't have a voucher for glasses, despite my glasses being damaged. I could understand it if I have had numerous or even one pair of glasses at the expense of the NHS! I have since been into another branch of Specsavers, who phoned the NHS to seek guidance on this matter, they quoted that they couldn't see the problem with me being issued a voucher! I am waiting for a response from the Optician's in question. Yet they have the cheek to advertise NHS glasses!, but clearly don't want to give me my prescription, Goes without saying, when I'm back in work Specsavers will never ever have another penny out of me!
  • kirtondm
    kirtondm Posts: 436 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Generally for adults the NHS will provide for a new pair under fair wear and tear once every 2 years if the prescription is static
  • Bantex_2
    Bantex_2 Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    Options
    I have used Specasvers a few times and was very impressed. last time £25.00 for a pair of specs including lenses.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    I have used Specsavers many times in Norwich and never had any complaints.

As for Vision express thats another story:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport