We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

startagain, Starts Again....... Again

Options

Comments

• startagain_2
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    You know what you need to do & only you can do it.
    Makes it seem easy doesent it & I know its not.

Thanks beanielou

At least it is my own diary and I don't feel guilty for going on about it. It is quite cleansing actually. I feel a bit better already. Off to watch a bit of TV as I can't stand Elaine Paige on the radio - I may be back later.
    Thanks everyone.... and NO I AM NOT GOING TO RING HIM.... :)

SA
    2011 - New year, New start, New me
    [STRIKE]Planning on [/STRIKE] making my dreams a reality
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My Poor DH is in the card in the cold taking the washer dryer apart (the old one) looking for my engagement ring.... I hope he finds it.
  • copperjar
    Options
    Hi SA :) Another Valentines hater here! Its funny, but when I was single, I used to pine over all the Valentine's stuff in the shops, creating a romantic vision of what it would be like to be loved up and happy on Feb 14th. Then when I was in a relationship, the whole thing was an utter letdown and just added pressure on finding the right gift and the right way to celebrate (when skint just after Xmas) and I didn't enjoy it at all! Now I'm back to being single again and I have been pining for someone to share the day with - but instead I'm going to buy myself a treat. So there! :p

I think No Contact with an ex is definitely the way to go. I haven't spoken to, seen or heard from the ex since New yrs Eve, and although I've had a few wobbles (yesterday was one), I feel so much better than when we were playing at being friends. Imagine the trauma and stresses on how to play things tomorrow if we were still "friends" and the jealousy of wondering who she is with instead? Luckily the no contact means I have no way of knowing what she's doing and out of sight, out of mind.....

Keep your chin up SA and stay positive. You've got loads of support on this thread if you ever fancy a rant or a moan or a wail of dispair. We're all right behind you :)
    [STRIKE]
    Total debt 1.11.10 £23,446
    [/STRIKE]
    Save £6k in 2015 #129 £6121.66/£6000
    Save £6k in 2016 #39 £6000/£6000
  • Wordsmith
    Wordsmith Posts: 1,164 Forumite
    Options
    Well said, Copperjar!
    "Green pastures are before me,
    Which yet I have not seen;"
    I'd love to be a good example - instead, I am a horrible warning.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,961 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope ure oh finds ring A.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Aesop
    Aesop Posts: 23,773 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    He hasn't yet. Wants to take the drum apart and smash the pump, but says he will do another day as hasn't tools. Now come in, in a bad mood.... grrrrr.
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2011 at 5:35PM
    Options
    I just heard from one of my heroes! Mr Vardy is happily married. I am pleased as he is wonderful. Hoooray. wonder if he has a brother??? i am soooo naughty. i just want some cake.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • katali_d
    katali_d Posts: 29 Forumite
    edited 13 February 2011 at 5:39PM
    Options
    Hello, can't remember if I've posted on here before, but I've been reading your diary for the last couple of days and found it really positive and helpful to me. I just wanted to say, from experience about your "fix" that if you are really determined to break it off, deleting his number would be a good start. It's really hard to do (I've found) but makes a massive difference, knowing that actually you can't call whenever you have a wobble! I found having a relationship like that held me back from a real one, as I could just keep telling myself I didn't want a relationship and could satisfy my need with the rubbish one, but when you completely end the rubbish one, suddenly there are opportunities around you that you didn't see before, and you can move forward with life. But, like I said, that's my experience! Good luck whatever you do :-)
    Current Debts: £45688.75 :eek:
    Debt Free in Sept 2016!
    VSP 2011 #108 - £42.89
  • savingwannabe
    savingwannabe Posts: 16,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 February 2011 at 6:35PM
    Options
    welcome katali. I am the idiot on this thread, everyone else is sensible. I seem to be solely motivated by cakes at the moment.
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • startagain_2
    Options
    katali_d wrote: »
    Hello, can't remember if I've posted on here before, but I've been reading your diary for the last couple of days and found it really positive and helpful to me. I just wanted to say, from experience about your "fix" that if you are really determined to break it off, deleting his number would be a good start. It's really hard to do (I've found) but makes a massive difference, knowing that actually you can't call whenever you have a wobble! I found having a relationship like that held me back from a real one, as I could just keep telling myself I didn't want a relationship and could satisfy my need with the rubbish one, but when you completely end the rubbish one, suddenly there are opportunities around you that you didn't see before, and you can move forward with life. But, like I said, that's my experience! Good luck whatever you do :-)

Good morning and thankyou for that. I actually feel so much better when I can look back and realise that not one thought about him has entered my head for an hour or two. You are right, it is very limiting when you are stuck in a situation like this. Welcome to my diary, by the way.

SA
    2011 - New year, New start, New me
    [STRIKE]Planning on [/STRIKE] making my dreams a reality
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business