We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options

Comments

• wanchai_2
    wanchai_2 Posts: 2,955 Forumite
    Options
    OK then :) At least it's going towards the wedding lol!

Might use my £50 Boots GC to treat myself to wedding stuff too - waterproof mascara and a new perfume perhaps.

I haven't done too badly dietwise so far over Christmas - hope to STS at least! I need a good start to January! :D
    7 Feb 2012: 10st7lbs :( 14 Feb: 10st4.5lbs :D 21 Feb: 10st4lbs * 1 March: 10st2.5lbs :j13 March: 10st3lbs (post-holiday) :o 30 March: 10st1.5lbs :D 4 April: 10st0.75lbs * 6 April: 9st13.5 lbs :) 27 April 9st12.5lbs * 16 May 9st12lbs * 11 June 9st11lbs * 15 June 9st9.5lbs * 20 June 9st8.5lbs :D 27 June 9st8lbs * 1 July 9st7lbs * 7 July 9st6.5lbs :D
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Oh god diet wise - gone to pot lol. This morning I was 5lbs above what I was on Friday morning. And it's not going to let up until Thursday!! :D and :( lol. The only saving grace is I know that what goes on quick will come off quick too.
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Hey everyone!

GLad you all had a lovely christmas.

I was spoilt. oh and I set a budget and I knew my golf clubs and ray bans and a few small suprises (lush bits, some new belts etc) would reach the max budget, so I opened up all my presents and he told me to open a particular one last, I opened it and it was a kindle!! Which I really really wanted and will be perfect for when we go away- was so chuffed!! I also got spoilt by his parents who got me fab jewellery cabinet and a few other girlie bits and we got spoilt by my parents who gave us money and lots of little bits. I also got an electric toothbrush (because I asked my sister to get me a voucher to go towards one but she couldnt be bothered to go into town to boots so just spent the extra and got me one!!), we also got a new george foreman (we chucked our old one out last week), I cant think what else we got but we did get lots of lovely presents.

Wanchai- my sister lent me series one of Downton and I watched all 7 episodes when I was sick a few weeks ago, she has now lent me series 2 and I have the christmas special on my sky box ready to watch! I really liked it.

Natalie- cheesecake looks yummy. (although personally I dont like meringue).
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Good morning all. :)

Well the second attempt at the cheesecake (minus the meringue) has come out LOVELY!! :D

This is what you would be faced with if you were a guest at our wedding:
    6581286139_e0263e2b24.jpg
    (This is a 5cm square portion).

I am very happy with it indeed, and it seems to have MrD's approval. Looking at it I'm not sure the base to topping is right but tasting it it is perfect. (To me anyway). MrD commented that it is quite creamy (in that you can taste the cream mixed in it), but said it wasn't a criticism. It is quite a light cheesecake rather than a stodgy one, which I think is a good thing given how much I expect people to eat before they get to the dessert.

So the next test is how well it freezes - what with the strawberries chopped up in the middle of the topping.

The next thing to do is see how well I can make a non-dairy version for my mum using Elmlea cream & goat's soft cheese - not sure what to replace the butter with in the base. I may have to make one great big one for mum and present it with her to take home afterwards lol. (I think it'll be hard to mix everything for just one single portion).
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    AND just looking at our budget - our wedding *may* come in under £3k! (Including Stag/Hen nights. But not including honeymoon, or the dress or suit which are gifts from our parents, well other than £120 towards my dress deposit that I paid.) :D
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Natalie- the cheesecake looks yummy, do you think you will do any more attempts or does it depend how is freezes?

:jon getting it in for under £3000. I think in total (excluding honeymoon) ours will be about £4000- but this includes money for the sit down buffet which my mum is paying for, the cake which my nan is paying for, and the flowers and dj which ohs mum is paying for, so we ourselves our paying out about £3000 for our wedding. And there are bits that we could have saved on or gone without but decided as we have saved money along the way by getting deals and shopping around for the best price we could splash out on other bits.

In the new year I am going to arrange to meet with the dj and photographer- I think the next 7 months and one day will go very quickly!!
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds like you all had a lovely Christmas. Emma i was gonna ask OH for a kindle but thought with baby on the way i may not get time to read!!

Natalie the cheesecake does look yummy (even tho i don't like cheesecake but it looks good:))

Think i will have a look through my wedding folder tomorrow just to see whats next. Also,i'll try and get a pic of the invites.
    Saw my sister today and shes now got a cold! Prob all the stress as well making it worse!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Grr just wrote a longish post and my web browser crashed!!

If we included the dress and MrD's suit it'd be around £4-4.5k - lol I'm cheating by not including them. :D

Just got some more beer for the party :) Going to pop to Co-op tomorrow to get some cider (assuming their best before is okay).

Laura - awww bless your sister - I really hope her cold clears for her big day! (I mean 'their' big day - right?! :rotfl:)

(It is very quiet on here at the moment with everyone out celebrating Christmas!! Lol cannot wait for our thread to become a hive of activity in the New Year as we all start the big count down!)
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    I was so chuffed- I hadnt asked for one as I knew I was at the top of my budget but oh knew I really wanted one! Will be taking it on honeymoon with me to read while lounging round the pool!! No baby plans for a few years yet for us so mine will get a lot of use!!:rotfl:

Have you had any niggles yet Laura?
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    I may have just ordered myself 2 new bikinis and a new tankini from the next sale! Not sure if they will be any good but as they were such good prices I thought I would order them and see what they are like!!:D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure