🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options

Comments

• MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    :) I have just finished all the eLearning part of the PADI Open Water Diving Course... lol took me 5 days... (I think I need to get out more). Now what am I going to do to keep me occupied before October Half term when I go and do the practical getting wet part of it!
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Im sure you will find loads of wedding related and DIY related things to keep you busy!!

Oh and I have got idea what year we are in, I still keep writing 2010 on things at work!! Where is time going, its whizzing by- it will be July 2012 before we know it!! (i do hope so anyway!!!)
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Shoes have arrived - they are FAB!! They will need some bedding in (such a shame I'll have to wear them round the house looking glamourous lol). But they really are lovely - and the colour silver is more silvery in real life - it looks paler on the photo above.

Card has arrived - got loads of different colours to be trying out... lol although I can't actually work out which colour is which lol.

AAAAAAAAaaaaand my introductionary box of hotel chocolat choccies have arrived. Hurrah for the weekend!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Just incase anyone else is doing bows: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwRcjaH57P8
    Whenever I tie a bow with ribbon I always struggle to get the loopy bits one the same side, and the dangly bits (oooer) on the other side. But with this youtube clip I will always be able to tie perfect bows!

Have spent the night making more invites... lol only to come to the conclusion that we both like the very first colour/card type that I started with lol. Still you don't know if you don't try!

On the DIY side of things, MrD came home today with the towel radiator I ordered earlier this week :) So now there is nothing to stop us getting central heating!! (I'm still holding out for Feb half term -1 more week).
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Yay for the shoes:j, they came quickly.

I will have to remember that youtube clip should I decide to be creative and make my own invites (i like the idea but dont think its a realistic idea as Im not creative at all!!). I was thinking maybe making the date time invites and ordering the evening ones from ebay- but luckily I have a while to decide!!

Well I think I may book my photographer this week.We dont have much in the budget for one but I have found one who looks good (especially for his prices) and is within the budget, and he had a package that is one for a couple of hours which is ideal as I want a few nice pics but dont want to feel like im posing all day- just need to persuade my oh now!!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    So how is everyone doing?

That sounds perfect PinkPrincess83 (the photographer). Have you told your OH yet?

I'm grinning like a cheshire cat... I have just booked our flights for Tenerife during October half term (to learn to dive). I cannot wait!!! Another thing ticked off the 'things to do before we get married' list. :D

I have also been spending some time in my wedding shoes - they are a little bit tight because of their design and height of the heels. :) But nothing a bit of wearing around the house won't fix - lol I have a year and half to get them bedded in.
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    I have told him- I just need him to agree now, which I think, as long as I cover the cost myself he will.I havent dont much else, have been looking at tiaras, and found one that I love, I just need to check the person doing my hair that this tiara would go with the style I want. Theres a big wedding fair this weekend so Im hoping to get some ideas.

:j for booking your flights, bet it will be here before you know it.

Glad your shoes are, you have plenty of time to wear them in which is good,ill probably end up panicking a day before the wedding that I havent worn mine and they will rub!!
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDrink:jfor the shoes :jfor booking the flights!

Pinkprincess:jfor finding a tiara you like. Hope you have a good time at the wedding farye this weekend. Im going to another next weekend.

Going to stay in our hotel on Saturday and also having dinner so we can see what the food is like.
    One week untill im going dress shoppping:jso excited:D
    Also, ive sent the booking form for the cars so thats anything booked
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    PinkPrincess83 Yaaaaaaay at finding a tiara - I hope that it will suit your planned hairdo - if not - nevermind you can just spend time looking for one again lol. (I am loving all the hours spent online window shopping lol).

Lauralou I couldn't remember when you were going to stay in your hotel. Whether it was the weekend just gone or the weekend coming up. :) I hope you have a fabulous time! Ooooo only a week to go till you go wedding dress shopping you MUST tell us EVERYTHING about it!! I want all the details from little things like how long you were there for, what dresses you tried on, what the shop was like etc etc. And most importantly whether they made you feel like a princess! And well done on getting the cars booked!!

I have had an... eventual day... lol. Driving home my windscreen wipers stopped working. The right one got 'stuck' upright, the left one carried on wiping - crossing over the right one, then when I pushed the lever to try to unstick them the left blade snapped... Grrrrr. I moved (gently) the right one back to it's position when I got home (fortunately it wasn't raining heavily and it happened only two roads away from home) but it's still not working - so I am taking the car to my nearest dealers in the morning. Fingers crossed they have the parts in so I can leave it with them. I can't believe it's half term next week - one year since he finally said yes to marrying me!
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Mrs Drink- I think im addicted to window shopping for wedding ideas!! I just cant help looking for bits!! Oh dear, thats not good about your wipers, hope you got them sorted ok.

LauraLou- Yay on booking the cars. Hope you have a Lovely weekend. Not long till you go dress shopping either.

Well I havent dont much, although I have confirmed with the photographer we want to use him.:j I also ordered some material swatches for my bridesmaid dresses as Im hoping someone I know can make them (price dependant), so wanted to get an idea on colour and type of material, and one of them is fab, a nice material and a lovely pink, although my oh did comment that its very bright!! I really hope she wont charge too much, once we get a price, if it isnt too much Im going to order the material and then put it away until much closer to the wedding- at least that way I can start getting bits for colour matching.:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport