July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options

Comments

• PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Yay for ordering the shoes- I was just going to say that I had read on another thread that someone had mentioned a £20 off code for KG shoes. Thats such a good price for such fab shoes.
  • laurarobby
    Options
    you are all so organised! im so jealous! i just find myself thinking about alot of things and not doing! im real scared of ringing places and not very good at hagling for cheaper deals! i think ill have to get my bridesmaid on the job! the one place i thought was THE place hasnt got anywhere for pictures and heard bad reviews. now im thinking our local village hall but that will mean a church wedding which i dont really fancy! plus if we do the village hall it means a whole lot of sorting catering. tables, plates, cuttlery music. argh! lol
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    Lol I'm not really organised... I'm just impatient :rotfl: If I had my way we would have married 5 years ago lol.
    laurarobby wrote: »
    now im thinking our local village hall but that will mean a church wedding

Says who? Can't you have a registry office do and then go to the village hall? Or is it that you want too many people to come to the ceremony and they won't all fit in a registry office? :)
  • laurarobby
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    Lol I'm not really organised... I'm just impatient :rotfl: If I had my way we would have married 5 years ago lol.

Says who? Can't you have a registry office do and then go to the village hall? Or is it that you want too many people to come to the ceremony and they won't all fit in a registry office? :)

its just its an hour drive to our registry office so its a long way for 1/2hour then backl when the church is nextdoor to the village hall. i would like a civil ceremony and "doo" to all be in one place. plus my mum and dad dont want me to get married at registry office i dont care really

i also would have ran away and been married by now!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Oh I see (and I have vague feelings that I'd read that before so sorry for making you write it again - lol memory & fish comes to mind lol).
    That is pants - I agree 60 mins drive for 30 mins or so of ceremony and then another 60 mins drive isn't good. I forget how lucky I am in that the town I live in has it's own registry office so I could in theory walk there (I won't be lol I'm not that brave to walk around town in my wedding dress lol).

I know it's not much consolation but at least you found out now that your first choice of venue doesn't have many photo places and has poor reviews. I would say if you don't want a church wedding don't have one... lol but it's not always that simple is it!?! Is there anywhere else that you could have the ceremony and celebration at the same venue? Even if it's 60 mins away from where you live? (Just thinking if there is a registry office 60 mins away there might be places near there that has whatever it is that is needed to hold weddings). (I'm waffling aren't I?)

(PS I'm gutted my red card didn't come today - lol I wanted to experiment making some invites tonight - lol hopefully it'll be here for the weekend. Oh and my shoes have already been despatched :T)
  • laurarobby
    Options
    MrsDrink wrote: »
    Oh I see (and I have vague feelings that I'd read that before so sorry for making you write it again - lol memory & fish comes to mind lol).
    That is pants - I agree 60 mins drive for 30 mins or so of ceremony and then another 60 mins drive isn't good. I forget how lucky I am in that the town I live in has it's own registry office so I could in theory walk there (I won't be lol I'm not that brave to walk around town in my wedding dress lol).

I know it's not much consolation but at least you found out now that your first choice of venue doesn't have many photo places and has poor reviews. I would say if you don't want a church wedding don't have one... lol but it's not always that simple is it!?! Is there anywhere else that you could have the ceremony and celebration at the same venue? Even if it's 60 mins away from where you live? (Just thinking if there is a registry office 60 mins away there might be places near there that has whatever it is that is needed to hold weddings). (I'm waffling aren't I?)

(PS I'm gutted my red card didn't come today - lol I wanted to experiment making some invites tonight - lol hopefully it'll be here for the weekend. Oh and my shoes have already been despatched :T)

i have plenty of time im sure we will find somewhere its just because its not NOW!!! lol...

yey for shoes:j... boo for card :(
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Im not usually a very organised person- I think im just try ing to be organised so I give myself plenty of time to shop around and get the best possible price. I still need to sort out catering, but im sure ill get round to ringing round for quotes at some point. Im the same Mrs Drink, weve been engaged for just over 5 years and so im just impatent and also so excited that its finally booked!!:)

Thats pants that the nearest registry office is that far away, could you not start a thread asking for ideas of places local to you that may offer packages? Im sure a few people will be able to come up with some good ideas- sorry I cant be of more help!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    m the same Mrs Drink, weve been engaged for just over 5 years and so im just impatent and also so excited that its finally booked!!:)

:) I've only been engaged since Feb 2009... I decided I wanted to get married though 5 years ago... took his time to say yes and agree to it! :rotfl: (Until then neither of us saw the point in it).
  • PinkPrincess83
    Options
    im sure my oh just proposed then to keep my quiet for a few more years!!:rotfl:We were orignally hoping to get married in 2009 but then what with buying the house we didnt want to leave ourselves with no money at all, so thats why its a bit delayed!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    I meant 2010 :) (I've still got no idea what year we're in now!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure