July 2012 Brides and Grooms

Options

Comments

• PinkPrincess83
    Options
    Well its at my mil2b, so I know it will be safe, if anything she will make sure its looked after better than I would!! And theres strict instructions that no one is allowed to peak!! (and I know she will make sure they dont aswell which is good!!)

Wow, they are really good, I like the design and the style of the writing is fab, really effective and unusual- you should be very proud of yourself (I would be happy if my final version was half as good as them).

Its good to have people on here to talk to- my oh is quite into helping me with ideas but i do think he switches off after a certain amount of time!!!!
  • MrsDrink
    MrsDrink Posts: 4,538 Forumite
    Options
    I have decided that the card (if I go for coloured) needs to be glossy rather than matt. To give it that extra wow-factor. I'm going to have a go at creating a simpler gatefold invite this morning before I go to my friends. I have a feeling it will suit the writing better. Yep I like the writing as well... I have other designs but that is the one that MrD picked as being the best - and I'd agree with him - I'll have to show you the other rejected designs at some point - in case it inspires anyone - I got the idea for the wordcloud style invite from a colleague at school - she'd just done a wordcloud on 'streets' in her class and I thought it looked so pretty. There is a programme on the internet that does them - but it was too random for me - like it didn't keep all the ceremony details together and all the party details together, so I created my own just using wordshapes in word.

MrD laughed when I created that one last night - his comment was something along the lines of I have one and a half years to perfect it! lol.
  • MrsDrink
    edited 5 February 2011 at 11:10AM
    Options
    Okay another design. Much prefer the whiteness of this one when it's unopened, but think it looks too plain when it's opened up. :) No pleasing some people. (PS If I do go for the gatefold design I will definitely be buying pre-folded ones lol).

5418257842_d773631f00.jpg

5418256054_b55a3f1ea0.jpg

5417660909_23c85e09ef.jpg
  • MrsDrink
    edited 5 February 2011 at 12:41PM
    Options
    And here are the other designs I was playing around with. I quite like the first one as well - I may have to make a mock up of that one as well just to see what it looks like. :)
    5417783377_ef5a838ac3_b.jpg
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    Wow MrsDrink your invites are amazing:D Well done you. Its starting to make me feel rather creative!!
    Im marrying a Mark!!

PinkPrincess:jfor the dress:).
    Ive got wedding insurance as i thought id better as ive put deposits down on venue, DJ and photographer. I got mine from http://www.my-weddinginsurance.co.uk/ was only £24.

My BM is coming to the wedding farye tomorrow:)

For valentines day (well the weekend after) ive booked a night at our hotel:) So we get have another look around, see where will be good for photos etc. I think we are going to stay again in July so we can see what the gardens will look like!
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    That sounds like a perfect excuse to have plenty of nights away Lauralou! That was a good price for your insurance!! Where did you hear about it? Was it off MSE?
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    Lol I really should stop playing - else I'm going to get bored of the invites!! I have just recreated the second invite, but instead of a black border around the writing, I have lined the whole of the inside with the red card... I'm much happier with this one... and now prefer it with a black ribbon.... photos to follow when I get back from my friends!
  • Silaqui
    Silaqui Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I like all those ideas! They look really good, love the word cloud thing I se that a lot for various things.

The only thing that I might change is to bring your names closer together - I read 'Natalie &...' but then it took me a minute to find 'Mark' (although it maybe just that I didn't know what I was looking for, to people who know your real names it might be more obvious.

Just a thought on the petal fold envelope, I know you have tried the gate fold but how about adapting the petal fold so that it is in triangles (if that makes sense?) that way you get the stronger lines to go with the writing inside and the ribbon will soften it up a bit? More fancy that the gatefold but less fussy than the petals. You can also use a colour then which will frame it more and make it look less plain.

xx
    Ths signature is out of date because I'm too lazy to update it... :o
  • MrsDrink
    Options
    :) Thanks for the suggestion!! Will have a go at another 'petal' fold later, and change the colours too!! (I need to get out more lol). I'll put up piccies of the latest gatefold soon... it is my fave so far. (Not all that hard given I've only done three mock ups). Went to a shop yesterday that had oodles of ribbons, so I think once I've decided the paper part of the invite I'll do a mock up and take it along to the ribbon shop and have a play. I promise I won't overload you all (or this thread) with photos of my invites lol.

I am sooo impatient - July 2012 feels so far away!
  • Lauralou
    Lauralou Posts: 983 Forumite
    Options
    MrsDrink my sister recommonended them to me.

The wedding fayre was good. Got a booking form for the cars so will do that this week:j:j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure