We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Options

Comments

• 1plus1equal3
    Options
    Well i have had my heating on for a few weeks now, electricity consumption wise, so far so good, using about 20 units a day,which isnt bad compared to previous 2 years, but then i am only in a 2 bedroom house.But im having problems with the temprature in my house going up and down like a yoyo, one minute too hot then too cold, dont seem able to maintain a constant cosy warmth, it seems as if every time the temp outside dives, so does my room temp.The housing association sent someone round last week to take a look, but its just a case of sitting back and waiting for them to send a report in to ha now.still cant understand why theres barely any heat at all in the hall , stairs, landing , and kitchen, and its been like this since the day i moved in.Why oh why didnt the housing association put gas in when they built these houses, so that i can have some enjoyment from living here , rather then constant hassle , over different workmen coming and going, and being constantly worried about the approach of the cold weather, and the size of my bills.I wouldnt mind if i was paying to heat my whole house, but to pay just to partially heat it is unfair.
  • oyster1
    Options
    We are tweaking the fighter360 yet again and today have connected the fan speed to the compressor so that it runs on its lowest setting (fan speed 1)until the compressor comes on and then it switches to fan speed (normal). We are hoping that this will reduce running costs not only through the fan but also with less warm air being unnecessarily being removed from the house. Will report back results
  • bob_fossil
    Options
    Hi,

We have been trying to sort out our fighter 360p for over a year now, last winter we pretty much put up with living in a cold house because we could work the dam thing out.
    This winter however I'm determined to get the thing sorted and working how a normal boiler should do and hopefully not at a stupid cost.

I have set my system up using denial2010's settings as a guide and so far this seems to be working ok heating the house to roughly 20-21 degrees (although I've not yet checked how much consumption/cost this has used).

1 question I do have though is regarding the setback settings, our house is empty from pretty much 7am-7pm every week day so i see no need to keep an empty house heated for 12 hours.
    My house is heated to 21 degrees when we are in and I have setback the temp by -5 when we are out of the house. Is this too much to set back as im worried the thing will have to work harder to get back to the required temp then and maybe its better to keep the temp more steady and only having the set back temp say -2.

Any help would be great.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    bob_fossil wrote: »

1 question I do have though is regarding the setback settings, our house is empty from pretty much 7am-7pm every week day so i see no need to keep an empty house heated for 12 hours.
    My house is heated to 21 degrees when we are in and I have setback the temp by -5 when we are out of the house. Is this too much to set back as im worried the thing will have to work harder to get back to the required temp then and maybe its better to keep the temp more steady and only having the set back temp say -2.

Any help would be great.

All you could do is check to see consumption when the cooler weather arrives. Generally speaking the lower u set the setback the more energy savings that you will make. Its more of a comfort thing the set back thing obviously no point keeping the house too warm when you are there but do you want it taking forever to get back upto temperature. My system at home is set to 18C set back during the night as its an old victorian house takes forever to warm back up again.
    If you found my post helpful, please remember to press the THANKS button! --->
  • bob_fossil
    Options
    thanks for the advice.

Well after turning the system to winter mode and setting it up pretty much using denial2010 settings, I have used 80kwhs in 48 hours. I have not checked out how much that costs but from reading other peoples posts i get the impression this i far too much.

With regards to the setbacks, i set it back to -5 before leaving for work this morning, when i've come home this evening the rads are pretty cold (although the house temp is 20 degrees) So maybe -5 may have been too much.

Is there a way to control the fan at all, as I set it to speed 1 but quite often it'll start making such a loud noise and its gone back to 'normal' speed.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    thanks for the advice.

Well after turning the system to winter mode and setting it up pretty much using denial2010 settings, I have used 80kwhs in 48 hours. I have not checked out how much that costs but from reading other peoples posts i get the impression this i far too much.

Far far too much! I pay 17.85p per KWh - If I was using 80 units over 48 hours that would cost me £14.28 over the same period.
  • bob_fossil
    Options
    Blimey, obviously I cant be paying that every day. We live in a newly built, 3 bedroom house. There's only 2 of us here, we have 1 shower each a day and are both out of the house for 12 hours a day. So that consumption is absolutely crazy.

I honestly dont know what the hell to do with the thing then, the house is certainly not what you would call warm. The rads are only ever luke warm at best and yet its costing god knows how much a day. I have read the instructions god knows how many times and read through these forums.

I guess the next step is to contact NIBE and see if they will get some one here to have a look at the system.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    Because its using an immersion! It isnt even cold out and it cant cope!
  • bob_fossil
    Options
    well i have now flicked it back onto spring/autumn mode to stop the immersion kicking in and it will have to remain like that until some one at NIBE can tell me what i am suppose to do with it.

I expect another cold house this winter.
  • richardc1983
    Options
    well i have now flicked it back onto spring/autumn mode to stop the immersion kicking in and it will have to remain like that until some one at NIBE can tell me what i am suppose to do with it.

I expect another cold house this winter.

Does the NIBE manage to keep the house upto temp in spring mode with the immersion off?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport