Nibe Fighter 360p ashp costing me loads to run

Options

Comments

• ra200
    ra200 Posts: 172 Forumite
    Options
    Hi yes the build quality on our house if very poor the wood affect flooring in the living room and hall way is coming up most of the internal doors are damaged and some do not even stay closed as they do not fit the door frames the plastering is poor there is bits of plaster falling off ceiling and cracks every were most of the window sills are not even strait some of the kitchen cupboards are not fitted properly and chips in the work tops there are draught from the front and back doors also the pluming is bad also the tiling is very poor in the kitchen and bathrooms the hand rail up the stairs is coming away from the wall the floor boards creek and are not fitted properly there are draughts from the skirting boards and decoration of the property is poor also the blocked pave driveway is crumbling away already,

Also we cannot use the garden a lot of the time or open the rear windows due to the smell from next doors dog mess and the smell from the animal barn behind our house also we have flies in the summer also we have the constant smell of fag smoke from next door and have had fag ends and rubbish thrown in the garden and today we had a load of bread rolls thrown in the garden

If anyone is thinking of buying or renting one of these houses feel free to contact me and have a look at the poor workmanship of our home just don’t turn up on a day when one of the neighbours is getting raided by the police as there would be no where to park you car
    I have been following ra,s problems on here with his heating system for a few months now. I also live in a new build housing association house, but mine is fitted with a nibe 2005 fighter unit. And i can honestly say the last 18 months have been so stessfull, i live in a 2 bedroom house, and at one time my daily consumption of electricity was 60 units a day, and considering i only get an income of 75 pounds a week , i was going out of my mind with worry. I have lost count of the number of heating engineers that have been round to try and get the system running correctly, each one undoing what has been done by the previous one, and doing what they think is correct, and never has been. i have ranted and raved at the housing association, and i will give them their due, they have always remained polite, but i think they were also at a lost at what to do to put things right. finally last month, they paid for an engineer to come from norwich, and he really did know what he was doing, and since hes been my electric consumption has gone down to between 24 and 32 , which is far better. im still not happy with this figure, because looking on all the nibe sites they all say that having these systems will save money on bills, and i moved from a 4 bedroom house with gas central heating and my combined gas and electric bills were far cheaper then what my nibe system costs to run, and i feel a lot of the time my house is too chilly, but i dare not turn the curve switch up any higher, as it will cost even more. i know nothing about these system, but i sometimes feel that the housing association expect me to learn them inside out, and have gone from saying leave them alone, when i first moved in, to learn how to use it now, which is never going to happen.I think its all well and good building these houses of the future, but like ra, i also have problems with the house itself, but i have asked the housing association to move me to another new build , in the same area, when they have them, and the association have assured me that they wont be using these systems again.so i think i can moan forever about the cost, the noise, the awfull design of the house, which has deterioated terribly, or i can cut my losses and move, as i will never feel at home in this house, and in hindsight, i should of asked more questions about the cost of of these systems to run, i should of realised they are noisy, and i should of known that the lovely colour wood they used to build my house, was going to go mouldy and grey, and look like it was a really rough area, and not in keeping with the surrounding houses.you live and learn, but i would like to say to ra, consider moving, i dont think you will ever be happy with where you are
  • 1plus1equal3
    Options
    Oh dear ra you sound really angry with the world, cant imagine how you feeling, but can give you a few suggestions how to deal with it.You need to write out 2 lists, one that covers all the issues that your housing association cant deal with, ie anti social neighbours, cigarrette butts ect, and the other a list of problems your housing association can deal with, file the first, theres nothing you can do about it, so theres no point sending your blood pressure sky high, and the other one, you need to start with the housing manager, and work up to the commitee, put every thing in writing, and every time its not dealt with ask them to escalate it to the next stage, untill you are in front of the commitee, a lot of these directors arnt even aware of whats going on with their tenants , untill something is esculated to them. I know this is time consuming, but you arent going to be moving anywhere fast, so it really is worth doing.I know you probably think its all a waste of time, but there is a chance they will aknowledge that you will never be happy where you are, and move you.I cant put myself in your shoes because my housing association in suffolk have been really good, they listen, absorb, and act. At the moment yours dont seem to be doing that but i wonder if they are not listening to you because you have so many issues, and in the nicest possible way that is making you come across as a complainer, best of luck mate, i hope you can resolve this, without having to go into private rental, which could come with a new set of problems.
  • ra200
    edited 30 March 2011 at 1:05PM
    Options
    We are now dealing with the head of Meiln Homes but i do not think it is going to get sorted out ,what has made our case worse is bad treatment by certain members of Melin staff and when we reported it they denied it all, And what is 100x worse than the heating issues I did not move here to have police raids right in front of my daughter bedroom window and I am not happy about that at all,
    If I knew how bad it is here I would not have come here but it has now got to the point today that I do not care about the heating problems any more I will live without it until we move from here as it is not worth the hassle ,
    Oh dear ra you sound really angry with the world, cant imagine how you feeling, but can give you a few suggestions how to deal with it.You need to write out 2 lists, one that covers all the issues that your housing association cant deal with, ie anti social neighbours, cigarrette butts ect, and the other a list of problems your housing association can deal with, file the first, theres nothing you can do about it, so theres no point sending your blood pressure sky high, and the other one, you need to start with the housing manager, and work up to the commitee, put every thing in writing, and every time its not dealt with ask them to escalate it to the next stage, untill you are in front of the commitee, a lot of these directors arnt even aware of whats going on with their tenants , untill something is esculated to them. I know this is time consuming, but you arent going to be moving anywhere fast, so it really is worth doing.I know you probably think its all a waste of time, but there is a chance they will aknowledge that you will never be happy where you are, and move you.I cant put myself in your shoes because my housing association in suffolk have been really good, they listen, absorb, and act. At the moment yours dont seem to be doing that but i wonder if they are not listening to you because you have so many issues, and in the nicest possible way that is making you come across as a complainer, best of luck mate, i hope you can resolve this, without having to go into private rental, which could come with a new set of problems.
  • ra200
    Options
  • ra200
    edited 30 March 2011 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Well just to update ever one as I know a lot of people are keeping an eye on this thread,

We have not used our Nibe alot any more so we have no hot water due to the high extreme running cost of the Nibe and the landlord has created a health hazard as there is not even any hot even to even wash our hands in so we use hand anti-bacterial wash but my youngest daughter cannot use it as she has eczema so if she get ill from any germs I will hold Melin homes responsible ,

I was expecting a phone call from someone from Melin homes today but no one called regarding the home finder,

We have to live in a house with no central heating on and no hot water on as it costs to much

The only good news I have had is by not using the nibe we have saved a fair amount on our electricity bill,

From the feedback I have had and research I have done I don’t think our landlord care at all from what we gather they do not want good tenants that keep the area and home clean they do not want tenants that keep the front of their houses looking tidy with flowers in spring summer and autumn they just want people tenants that get raided by the police and make a mess of the area,

We have been treated like second class citizens just because we are social housing tenants,

If anyone who reads this had one telephone conversation about the problems I have had with melin they would understand what I am talking about some of the staff are so rude and treat you like a second class citizen,

Contacted them december almost april now 4 months what a joke,
  • Cardew
    Cardew Posts: 29,038 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Rampant Recycler
    Options
    I think we can all appreciate how annoying it must be in your situation.

However IMO you shoud heed the advice given above in post #243.

You really should separate your grievances - ASHP performance, - poor build quality - Landlord attitude, unsocial neighbours, etc. You are damaging your case by sweeping up all of these problems in the same letter - it just makes you look like a serial moaner, when each of your complaints might have merit!

Fight one battle at a time.
  • ra200
    edited 30 March 2011 at 8:32PM
    Options
    Hi there I can see your point but unfortunately our landlord does not listen it is in one ear and out of the other they do not care about police raids on the estate with young children living here let alone a heating problem if you can see where I am coming from putting the nibe issues a side when we had a problem with a neighbour and reported it we was made to feel so un comfortable about it so we never report any other issues to melin, we have now given up and are looking to move out asap,

We was the first people on the estate and always looked after our home and the area around the house but when I was told today by a neighbour “guess what they are installing solar panels on the druggy house” when I was told this I was fuming they have installed them to help them with their fuel bills that was it for me we when I heard that we was the first on the estate to complain out the high bills and the only people here with young children but they chosen to help the druggy’s and not us and they know fair well how high our electricity bill is I think they like to rub it in our face and get some sort of kick out of it,

Maybe if I got in to getting my house raid by the police all the time they would sort it all out but we have had it now I used to clean the windows once a week I used to sweep the front and clear rubbish from the estate and clean up oil the neighbours car have left on the estate but now I do not bother we have given up but I am still in the middle of making a website so people can view all the stuff I have to put up day to day,

The worst part is we cannot let the children out the front any more due to problems on the estate as you might of read a few weeks ago someone tried to chuck a large lump of metal through our window in the day time that is how bad it is here,
    My partner want us to go to the ombudsman’s about it with all the proof we have but I give up myself I have learnt from my mistakes which is avoid a Melin homes estate like the plague or you will end up with police raids and people trying to throw stuff through you windows and vandalizing your belongings ,

Cardew wrote: »
    I think we can all appreciate how annoying it must be in your situation.

However IMO you shoud heed the advice given above in post #243.

You really should separate your grievances - ASHP performance, - poor build quality - Landlord attitude, unsocial neighbours, etc. You are damaging your case by sweeping up all of these problems in the same letter - it just makes you look like a serial moaner, when each of your complaints might have merit!

Fight one battle at a time.
  • ra200
    edited 31 March 2011 at 2:00PM
    Options
    Another update I receive a letter yesterday from melin homes saying and making out that I have some sort of learning disability and can not manage my electricity account so I telephone this lady who confirmed that I am on the best tariff from my provider and agreed that there was no point in her coming to visit me as there is nothing more she could do and it would be a waste of both of our time and she said she could understand why my bill was high,

Now today I received a email from the head of Melin Homes saying I refused her help? So basically this women has gone and told her boss a different story,

So melin homes are doing it again making out I am lying and telling lies about me say I refused her help and refused to cooperate with them I really do not understand these people I think they are out to wind me up.
  • cme4u
    cme4u Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 1 April 2011 at 11:44AM
    Options
    HIYA. I live in a melin property & i hav 1 of these heat pumps thinges not sure what 1 i ave i noticed that it is usin alot of power and my leccy bill is sky high i am a bit frightened with how much leccy it is taking i am stuck what to do i did phone them once and was told by recepionist the leccy prices have gone up & i used 2 much heating but after finding this forum when lookin 4 info on melin leccy heating i can see it is not only me with problems can the power it uses be turned down any 1 no. thnx
  • ra200
    edited 4 April 2011 at 5:15PM
    Options
    Hello I can see you are getting fobbed off with excuses like we have been with our heating system the best thing to do I keep a record of every correspondence you receive from them and also if you telephone them put it on speaker phone with someone else present as a witness to anything they say, We have kept records of everything a family member who is a solicitor has been helping me documenting everything with all the proof we have it in separate folders from staff issues to the heating issues to issues with contractors so if we end up taking Melin to court and we have been told we have a very strong case, But I give up with them now we plan to private rent now as it is not worth all the hassle as Melin seem to get a kick out of it and have treated us like second class citizens because we live in social housing but at the end of the day I know where their priorities lie and that is with houses that get police raided and when I do leave here and private rent I will be thinking of taking Melin to court,

Now with your heater does it say nibe and fighter 360p on the front or so you have a split system that is a unit outside with a fan in it if so what make is it as Melin have a few heat pump installation in gwent it is not one of the ecodans that they have installed in Kinnok Court Caerwent Road Croesceiliog Cwmbran is it or you might even live in the same court as me?,

I have tried to send you a PM but you have PM’s disabled if you want to contact me feel free to any time,

As you might of read we have had bad service from Melin with other problems with the property we live in apart from the heating issue including telling Melin 15 months ago that is right 15 months ago about the state of the wall in our hall way it looks like someone has rubbed greasy hands all over it we was told it would be fixed asap but nothing had been done then our flooring is coming up again told them 15 months ago someone came out and made a right mess of it making it even worse and I told them and no one has been back to fix it but last month they came back and fixed the flooring in the other houses apart from ours and we have been waiting 15 months for them to fix or replace damaged doors again we was promised 15 months ago this would be done but Melin and Greenhill have not bothered that is how bad they are at repairs,
    cme4u wrote: »
    HIYA. I live in a melin property & i hav 1 of these heat pumps thinges not sure what 1 i ave i noticed that it is usin alot of power and my leccy bill is sky high i am a bit frightened with how much leccy it is taking i am stuck what to do i did phone them once and was told by recepionist the leccy prices have gone up & i used 2 much heating but after finding this forum when lookin 4 info on melin leccy heating i can see it is not only me with problems can the power it uses be turned down any 1 no. thnx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure