We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Problems with getting Uswitch champagne?

Options
12345679»

Comments

• jordie_tart
    Options
    I've just switched (one of the reasons was the enticement for free wine). When I got my confirmation email I notced the terms and conditions for the free wine stated the exiry date of the offer was 31/01/08. So I rang them.
    the first guy I spoke to said that yes the offer had finished, so I started to complain about why are they still advertising the offer, and I wanted to cancel my transfer. He said I need to tlak to head office and transfered me. the lady I spoke to there completely contradicted him. she said that the offer was still on and the website needed to be updated to reflect this. She confirmed that I would get the free wine and asked if my switching had come from MSE !!! - they'd received a number of calls about this.

So apparently the offer is still on - I'lllet you know if I recoeve the wine. I did get the free champagne the last time I switched with them.:T
  • mister_bojangles
    Options
    I'm not attracted to this offer of free wine because of my feelings that I would not have a say in what I'm offered. Am I able to request white/red/champagne/ros! et al?
  • spotbot
    spotbot Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    Hi people, I switched with Moneysupermarket to Eon for both my fuels & as of yet have not recieved £30 cashback, I've not paid first bill yet, it's not due while mid August but my direct debit is being taken. Any ideas or tips anyone???
  • sappho_2
    Options
    spotbot wrote: »
    Hi people, I switched with Moneysupermarket to Eon for both my fuels & as of yet have not recieved £30 cashback, I've not paid first bill yet, it's not due while mid August but my direct debit is being taken. Any ideas or tips anyone???

I wish I knew..! Having problems with a £15 cashback from energyhelpline. Switched suppliers 3 months ago, I've emailed twice (no response) and tried to call 20+ times, just get cut off. Anyone else having this problem?
  • he6rt6gr6m
    he6rt6gr6m Posts: 163 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ive decided to go for the Amazon vouchers. Not a huge drinker, but Im guessing its the same principle.

I was just wondering if you cant switch via the website, and have to phone the supplier directly, would it still count? Because you found the price on uSwtich, but its not possible to switch.

Im looking to switch the electric from BG to EDF at a 13% saving. Woohoo!

EDIT: Sorry for the sticky bumpage. ;)
  • supamart
    Options
    I switched with U Switch in Jan, when I was promised a case of wine. It has never arrived and they ignore the couple of e-mails I have sent.
    My opinion is that they are a complete scam, and should be avoided.
  • yorksrabbit
    yorksrabbit Posts: 469 Forumite
    Options
    U Switch?

A joke.

We've changed twice with U Switch and despite the promised offers, nothing has ever been forthcoming.

We lead much too busy lives to sit down making notes of just when a possible gift might or might not arrive -- though why should we have to anyway?

U Switch makes a promise. U Switch should honour it.

Where we're concerned, U Switch doesn't honour the promises it makes so it can stick its gifts and its so-called "service".

We suspect we're not alone, either.

:mad:
  • samba
    samba Posts: 418 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched several years ago with Uswitch and never got the promised bottle of champagne. However, it's their loss because I have never used them again since, and not do I intend to in the future - use quidco instead and the cashback goes in your pocket not theirs! ;)
  • devildog
    devildog Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    Options
    I have recently used U Switch to change electricity suppliers and my bank account is showing a cashback from them :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure