🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Problems with getting Uswitch champagne?

Options

Comments

• nonsuch_2
    Options
    I have been waiting 4 months for delivery of the champagne from Uswitch. Unanswered emails and false promises over the telephone have left me frustrated and angry.

Today I finally received an email from Jeevons at Uswitch stating that the courier had attempted to deliver the Champagne but got no reply. No further details were given.

Unfortunately, the same message was sent to 7 friends and family who are also waiting for the Champers.

Geographically we are all spread over the country, so it couldn't be one delivery in one area.

In my experience, couriers leave a note detailing what has happened with the delivery, how you can collect the item or arrange another delivery, this has not happened.

This is obviously a standard email this company is now sending out which is stretching the truth a little.

I am currently pursuing the matter through MSE and awaiting a telephone call from Jeevons at Uswitch where I will be pushing for some answers regarding his Phantom Couriers.
  • COS
    COS Posts: 550 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    After reading the following link of which i have complained of such practice Moneysaving expert still have it advertised Uswitch on the money advice section.

They should be banned form being mentioned on such an informative well looked after site.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/mirrormoney/yourmoney/tm_headline=faulty-switch%26method=full%26objectid=18175922%26siteid=94762-name_page.html
    Rememember. Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
    Never pass up an opportunity to go to the bathroom.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance. And finally, be really nice to your family and friends; you never know
    when, You might need them to empty your bedpan.
  • nonsuch_2
    Options
    Well after months of badgering Uswitch I not only received an email but a telephone call too!!!
    I was able to establish the following:
    1) The contact at Uswitch responsible for all Champagne is called Jevons.
    2) His contact number is via customer services on 0800 404 7908.
    3) He has all Champagne switches logged as well as all outstanding champagne deliveries.
    4) If you are not home when the courier calls they will leave no calling card and return your champagne to the warehouse!!!!!

When pushed for further information Jevons claimed he was passing info to me third hand and could not answer for the couriers.

Anyway, having waited since June 2006 Jevons has assured me that my delivery will be delivered priority by 1st Dec (tomorrow).
    He even hinted that there may be more than one bottle to compensate my long wait.

Well call me cynical but this is the third 'delivered by date' Uswitch have given me.
    I will wait by my front door in anticipation.

Keep you posted

Ken.
  • nonsuch_2
    Options
    Well I thought it was too good to be true, 6 months of waiting for my champagne, 3 assurances of delivery followed by a promise of delivery by 1st Dec . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . AND???
    NO DELIVERY!!!!!!!!

BROKEN PROMISES!!!

Contacted Uswitch this evening and was told Jevons, (the man dealing with the champagne campaign), was on a break and he would contact me upon his return.

AND???

NO CALLBACK!!!!

MORE BROKEN PROMISES!!!!

This has become such a farce, I am so frustrated but relentless.

Keeping you posted!
    Ken.
  • allan1980
    Options
    Also been fobbed off by our good friend at uswitch! - I switched in April - been trying to chase my free plonk and heard nothing back. When you call up, they just say it is on the way. Eventually got this email:-

"Thank you for choosing uSwitch to switch suppliers and contacting us with your
    champagne query.

Apologies for the fact that you have not been in receipt of your complimentary
    bottle of champagne as of yet, It is unacceptable that you have not received
    your champagne as of yet when you chose to switch suppliers with uSwitch in
    April. I am going to log your champagne delivery as a priority and you should
    receive your champagne by the 27/11/2006, if you do not then please contact
    uSwitch again and we will immediately chase this up for you.

We do hope that you enjoy your champagne once you receive it.

Thank you again for contacting uSwitch, if you have any further queries feel
    free to contact us again via email or on our freephone number 0800 404 7908.

uSwitch Customer Services are available Monday-Thursday 8am-8pm, Friday 8am-6pm
    and Saturday 9am-5pm. You can also visit us at https://www.uswitch.com

Kind regards,

Jevon Cato
    Usability Feedback/Customer Service Analyst
    uSwitch Ltd
    10th Floor
    Portland House
    Bressenden Place
    London
    SW1E 5BH
    JevonCato@uswitch.com"

then a condradicting one saying would be here by 21/11/06 - STILL NOT RECEIVED!!!!! and Jevon not replying to my email!!

My advice - switch with caution!!!
  • nonsuch_2
    Options
    Well today I emailed Jevon and called Uswitch customer services requesting a call back regarding the Champagne debacle.
    And surprise, surprise - no callback!

Even MSE Archnas representations seem to be hitting a brick wall.

So time to do some digging!
    Uswitch was bought out earlier this year by an American company E.W. Scripps. Through the Scripps website I found that the London based CEO of Uswitch is:

Andrew Salmon
    Portland House
    Bressenden Place
    London
    SW1E 5BH

I have now written to Mr Salmon pointing out my dissatisfaction with his company and asking for a resolution to this farce. I have also included copies of emails sent by Jevon with the failed delivery promises. As customers of Uswitch we have entered into a contract with them. Once our switch has taken place through their company we have fulfilled our side of the contract. Unfortunately they have consistantly failed to fulfill their side of the contract. I will await Mr Salmons response, hopefully he will have a different attitude than that of his customer services dept, or will he?

If The matter is not resolved by the new year I will be contacting the American parent company (Scripps) before instigating a legal claim against them.

All this for a bottle of champagne?
    Well its more now about the principle of the matter!

Keeping you posted.

Kenny.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good news!!!

We got a recorded parcel and OUR CHAMPAGNE!!!!

Keep going, you will get there in the end!!!
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • simo_3
    simo_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Miracles do happen. Today just 3 days short of 6 months since the switch was confirmed a bottle of champagne finally arrived:beer:

All those who were told that delivery was attempted mine had clear instructions on the box " if out try a neighbour or leave in a safe place" so it seems that the "courier had attempted to deliver the Champagne but got no reply" excuses were likely to be another fob off fabrication, plus the label states what date Direct wines recieved the order 27th nov in my case

Keep on pestering youwill get there in the end
  • allan1980
    Options
    Another generic email reply from Thursday - I am still awaiting my new (and think now 4th ) delivery date.

"Thank you for contacting us again in regards to the non-delivery of your
    complimentary bottle of champagne.

We are sorry to hear that you still have not been in receipt of your champagne
    up to now; this is totally unacceptable when you chose to switch energy
    suppliers with us in June. I have notified our sales department of this and
    they have advised me that will chase this up with the courier service Direct
    Wines as we subsequently asked for a 'priority' delivery. As a company we want
    to make sure that we are providing the utmost satisfaction when it comes to our
    customers. The sales department and myself aim to work hard together to ensure
    that your champagne is safely with you.

Once we have contacted Direct Wines to establish why your bubbly has not been
    issued and we are given a date for your new delivery, I will then be in contact
    with you again.

Kind regards,

Jevon"

I hope this champagne is worth the wait - might get it in time for Christmas (2007!!)
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    allan1980 wrote:
    Another generic email reply from Thursday - I am still awaiting my new (and think now 4th ) delivery date.

"Thank you for contacting us again in regards to the non-delivery of your
    complimentary bottle of champagne.

We are sorry to hear that you still have not been in receipt of your champagne
    up to now; this is totally unacceptable when you chose to switch energy
    suppliers with us in June. I have notified our sales department of this and
    they have advised me that will chase this up with the courier service Direct
    Wines as we subsequently asked for a 'priority' delivery. As a company we want
    to make sure that we are providing the utmost satisfaction when it comes to our
    customers. The sales department and myself aim to work hard together to ensure
    that your champagne is safely with you.

Once we have contacted Direct Wines to establish why your bubbly has not been
    issued and we are given a date for your new delivery, I will then be in contact
    with you again.

Kind regards,

Jevon"

I hope this champagne is worth the wait - might get it in time for Christmas (2007!!)

It is a good one - Piper Heidseck

I was promised mine by the 4th, so yours should arrive tomorrow
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport