Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• minomonkey2
    Options
    Hi there, does anyone actually know the logistics of the 5000 + 15000 miles (for £1k spend before 31st Dec) offer that get you a return US flight? I've seen a few posts on here but no definitive answers if anyone has them?

Citibank have confirmed the offer, but when I look on the website I cannot see any Hotspots or MilesAAvers destinations to the US for 20,000 miles?

Have they changed the offer?
    If the offer is "hidden" somewhere, any ideas how you claim for it?
    Anyone claimed yet?

Cheers
  • triniguy247
    Options
    Can someone provide the relevant Customer Service/Sales No to confirm the 20,000 Air Miles offer with BMI Classic Mastercard (Standard or Platinum)
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    just checked my mbna statement which came today I have 2000 points, and I can't find on any of my paperwork the mention of 8000 points
  • Little_Textpest
    Options
    I have also posted this on the Sonycard (MBNA mastercard thread) .

Called MBNA again to ask about the 8200 points.

I was told tonight that you get 2000 points from MBNA and Sony give you 8200 so you end up with 10200 points!!

He also said Sony credit the points 30 days after your statement which means 20 Dec for me.

The man I spoke to sounded confident in what he said but you can never tell.(we can all sound confident if you believe what you say or are a good liar) The other thread would indicate different responses from MBNA.

So I think persistance may be required here and I will have to call again to see what they have to say in a few days.

Glad I printed out the pages from the web site with conditions of the 8200 points so I can use this if I have to .
  • ec9wrr
    ec9wrr Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If we do end up with 10200 points then may be able to upgrade MP3 player to a 1gb one... 9500 points.
    http://www.sonycard.co.uk/members/thumbnails.asp?id=____4__1
  • martin1018
    Options
    I had a similar situation to other posters on here - 2000 points show on statement plus 25 for the spending I did. Phoned Sony on the number given (08700362444) and they stated that the extra 6200 were already showing on their system, just not showing on my statement.
    So I then 'spent' the points on a personal radio (7200 points) and a Cd (1000 points) which together would have cost in the region of £56 from Amazon.
    So, don't worry about the points, it seems to be a bit of a strange system that Sony/MBNA have, but it's still a great freeby. But as for getting 10200 points - don't hold your breath!

Thanks Martin for the original tip!
  • martin1018 wrote:
    I had a similar situation to other posters on here - 2000 points show on statement plus 25 for the spending I did. Phoned Sony on the number given (08700362444) and they stated that the extra 6200 were already showing on their system, just not showing on my statement.
    So I then 'spent' the points on a personal radio (7200 points) and a Cd (1000 points) which together would have cost in the region of £56 from Amazon.
    So, don't worry about the points, it seems to be a bit of a strange system that Sony/MBNA have, but it's still a great freeby. But as for getting 10200 points - don't hold your breath!

Thanks Martin for the original tip!
    I just did the same thing e.g. phoned the Sony number. They told me that I am also on the list to recieve the 8,200 points and MBNA gave people the wrong number of points. I should have the points in 5 to 7 days.
  • RussWWFC
    RussWWFC Posts: 573 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks for people posting their experiences. I too will phone Sony and check about my situation.
    Wycombe Till I Die
  • ec9wrr
    ec9wrr Posts: 232 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Points total on credit card statement = 2008
    Points when I phoned Sony = 8208
    I spent on my card on 16/11, got bill 18/11, phoned Sony 27/11 and MP3 player now due within 28 days.
  • joolski_2
    Options
    I know the link for 20,000 bmi miles is on the bmi website,

https://wwwn.applyonlinenow.com/UKCCapp/Ctl/entry?sc=5bmihpban_ost&mc=BMI-RS-48393-48398&LinkID=282

when you apply you will be alloctated the blue or platinum card depending on your circumstance. The miles will be credited from either card and none have an annual fee.

I got word of my miles after 7days of making a purchase,

Can someone provide the relevant Customer Service/Sales No to confirm the 20,000 Air Miles offer with BMI Classic Mastercard (Standard or Platinum)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure