Credit Card Freebies Article Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• yod234
    Options
    ive not recieved a catologe yet but i recieved my pin last week which was within a week of applying!! have you tried chasing it up??
  • drewchad
    Options
    With regards the £1000 spend for 15,000 airmiles points on the AA citibank credit card, can someone let me know if this offer is still valid.

Please show me a link to the details, I can't see anything about the bonus miles from the link in the article.

Also where can I found out how far these points will fly me? Or is the reduced rate, as mentioned in the article, for anyone - not just citibank credit card holders?

Thanks!!
  • Grant2407
    Options
    MSE_Dan wrote:
    Yep, a purchase of any size, no minimum.

I've made a purchase now using my BMI credit card. How do I book my free flight? Has anyone done this yet?
  • SpudGunner
    Options
    yod234 wrote:
    ive not recieved a catologe yet but i recieved my pin last week which was within a week of applying!! have you tried chasing it up??
    yeh will chase up catalogue not worried about pin as used card onine to make the required purchase to get my free mp3 player
  • nathanhill69
    Options
    Martin advised of this excellent offer a couple of weeks ago and it was promptly pulled by Citibank. For all those that missed it last time it's back:

http://www.citibank.co.uk/personal/cards/cards_plat1_1.htm

Nathan
  • Grant2407
    Options
    SpudGunner wrote:
    yeh will chase up catalogue not worried about pin as used card onine to make the required purchase to get my free mp3 player

The catalogue is online through the following link

http://www.sonycard.co.uk/members/categories.asp/

I'm not sure if you need to receive your 1st monthly statement b4 U can order though.
  • ghostnation
    Options
    I have been looking at the Airmiles card because I have a number of miles already but not quite sufficient to use.

Airmiles is a weird one because the card is very mean with points for normal use but the scheme then gives away lots of points for (apparently) nothing.

Get a card and use it and you will earn 200 miles- valued at about 7p each by Martin. I will use it a couple of times to trigger the payment but will not close it for two reasons. Firstly, this may damage my credit rating (at least with other card issuers). Secondly, having the card will qualify me for a new aspect of AirMiles that is never discussed. Once the card is registered with AirMiles on their site it will be possible to receive bonus miles by shopping in particular restaurants and retailers. This may prove to be a valuable income stream provided one does not get tempted into foolish purchases.

The AirMiles card can therefore sit in my wallet and be used purely for AirMiles related purchases- boosting the percentage return to about four percent (with luck).

The scheme has the advantage of stability (it was one of the first) but AirMiles are depreciating due to the likes of Ryanair making flights cheaper all the time. My own back of the envelope guesswork came up with a cash value of 4.5 pence per AirMile.
  • dave2986
    dave2986 Posts: 164 Forumite
    Options
    How to Redeem your Pulsebeats
    • Each month your statement will tell you how many Pulsebeats you have accumulated
    • You can trade Pulsebeats in against anything in the online Pulse Book
    • Just decide what you want, and when you have enough Pulsebeats, give us a call: - UK: 0870 036 2444
      - ROI: 1850 946 907
    • Make sure you have the product code of the product you wish to redeem to hand when you call
    • We will check your account details, for security purposes, then take your order, which will be sent to you in about 28 days
    • If the item is out of stock, we will let you know
    • Please remember that only the principle cardholder can trade in Pulsebeats
  • tee_pee_2
    tee_pee_2 Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    Options
    i have had a good find today, my OH supports Bolton Wanderers and whilst in there today they had a promo on their credit card to apply and spend on it ( no min spend ) before the 22nd Dec and get £40 to spend in their sourvenir shop. As £40 is the price of the new shirt, I am v happy as Oh will be made up if I turn up with that.also 0% on BT for 12mths with a £2% fee and 0% purchases for 3mths then apr 15.9%. The only snag I can foresee is it is with MBNA and I have just got a sony card for the mp3 player - but will let you know
  • SpudGunner
    Options
    Thanks for the help re pulsebeats and the sony card and viewing/ordering online

Was just a bit concerned that I would have to fill in some form to get my bonus points before I can then cash them in for the mp3 player
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure