VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• keithmelt
    keithmelt Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    what have you done about your PD measurement? What is the best way to measure this? Please help. Thanks :T
  • Natalieme
    Options
    Have you tried SpecSuperstore? I would highly recommend these guys to everyone. I was quoted over £300 for some new Dior glasses from my optician. I got the same glasses with a free coating for £118.00! Their customer service is great and they've got 1000s of designer frames & sunglasses. Highly recommended. Their address is https://www.specsuperstore.com :j
  • Natalieme
    Options
    Try SpecSuperstore's downloadable guide to measuring your pupil distance. Easy once you've done it once. Try this;

http://www.specsuperstore.com/articles/your_prescription_explained

and scroll down to download the how to measure your pd bit on the website.
  • marbella
    marbella Posts: 847 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just been to get my eyes tested this morning and I am going to get some varifocals. The cost in the optician was £145 for the frames and £70
    for the lenses. I wonder if anyone can recommend a shop where I can go in the North East to actually get them fitted, and also if there are any ones
    that are BOGOF. Thanks.
  • SallyD
    SallyD Posts: 1,009 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    www.giarre.com supplied my current "Vogue" specs on line.(I posted this on the Cheapest Glasses Hunt thread) I was very nervous about ordering online. I knew the model number of the specs I was after and came accross giarre. I telephoned first and they were most helpful. The specs arrived from Italy via courier and I am absolutely delighted with them £100 cheaper than UK optician. Now looking for some rimless!
    SallyD
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    emmajg wrote: »
    Hi I've read loads of here but not sure if it's already mentioned but I've found a discount code "lifestyle" that takes off £14 at the checkout!

Yes it works, thanks - It looks like a 10% off code though - did you spend £140?
  • A-Team_2
    Options
    I have looked at some of the sites mentioned on the preceding posts (and I have used glasses direct off the back of this with no problems before).

Although they all offer cheap frames it is not always clear which offers the cheapest super thin (1.74) lenses. So far the cheapest I have found is www.glassescrafter.co.uk at £85. Specsavers charge £150 for the same level of thinning and this has a significant impact on the cost. However the range of glasses at glassescrafter is limited and they are on average pricier than all other sites.

So my question is, does anyone know of any site cheaper than glassescrafter for thin lenses or one which may cost slightly more but has a more varied/cheaper selection of glasses?

Thanks.
  • Sui_Generis
    Sui_Generis Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone know if there are any free eye test offers
    around?
  • brownbabygirl
    brownbabygirl Posts: 1,356 Forumite
    Options
    Hi i've read the threads above and I use a site called www.glassesforless.co.uk (Draper Optical) they are by far the cheapest and make all their own prescription glasses as they are a high st opticians for over 30 years. The super thin lens (1.74) is £80 and they are offering 20% discount to new customers try dra08...it still works!
    They do designer glasses I bought my Bench glasses at just £25 which is ridiculously cheap compared to an average opticians I can buy designers for the same price of the bog standard glasses.
    They say they can try and find any glasses you may want or have seen at your opticians but much less. definitely worth checking out tho...Hope this helps x:money:

Seems like spam cos both posts brag about the same site. lol Thanks anyway:rotfl:
    QUIDCO £2827 paid out since October 2007:D
  • BritishBeef
    BritishBeef Posts: 357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi i've read the threads above and I use a site called www.glassesforless.co.uk (Draper Optical) they are by far the cheapest and make all their own prescription glasses as they are a high st opticians for over 30 years. The super thin lens (1.74) is £80 and they are offering 20% discount to new customers try dra08...it still works!
    They do designer glasses I bought my Bench glasses at just £25 which is ridiculously cheap compared to an average opticians I can buy designers for the same price of the bog standard glasses.
    They say they can try and find any glasses you may want or have seen at your opticians but much less. definitely worth checking out tho...Hope this helps x:money:

Looks like :spam:, smells like :spam:, therefore, it is :spam:.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure