VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    fayraz wrote:
    I received my glasses from SelectSpecs and I am happy with the quality of the frame and lenses but since wearing them I have been feeling light headed and been getting headaches.

When I got my prescription the optician did say it will take a week for me to get used to the new prescription and I have only been wearing them since Wednesday.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?

Have a look at my reply in this post here. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=2395020#post2395020
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • BingoMum
    BingoMum Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    I've used glassesdirect and found them to be pretty good!

BM

:money: http://www.bargainchecker.com:money:
  • fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    cattie wrote:

So will Vision Express give me a free re-test even though I purchased the spectacles elsewhere?

They might just turn around and say the glasses have been made up wrong.
  • miss_edith
    miss_edith Posts: 198 Forumite
    Options
    Has anyone sent anything back to optical4less to be repaired? I bought some glasses of them 6 months ago and within 3 months one of the arms fell off chipping the lense. I asked them if they could repair them and was told to send them back. I now have an email saying that it will cost me $25 to repair the lense or $15 postage if I only want the arm reattached. I dont know if I'm being unreasonable but this seems quite expensive to me considering the fact that the glasses only lasted a few months. I was quite prepared to pay a few dollars postage (it only cost me £1.50 to send them) but $15 seems a lot. Has anyone had this happen before?
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    Hi. anyone used a website called glasses crafter?? It's a UK site.

Also, anyone bought glasses from the web even when they have a very high prescription??
  • devonpie
    devonpie Posts: 509 Forumite
    Options
    I have a pretty high prescription and have used glasses direct twice now in the last few months, been delighted by all aspects of their service and would recommend them to anyone.
    Many dollars can buy many peanuts!
  • the_devil_made_me_do_it
    Options
    devonpie wrote:
    I have a pretty high prescription and have used glasses direct twice now in the last few months, been delighted by all aspects of their service and would recommend them to anyone.

depends what you class high perscription as. I'm -12 in one eye and -12.5 in the other eye. I don't want to pay for glasses I either can't use or are too thick. Thisk I'd rather pay more cash out for a better garuntee.

Stiil, might buy a cheap pair of frames from one of these websites or ebay even :)
  • Februarycat
    Februarycat Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    devonpie wrote:

I have a high prescription about the same as you and have used Optical4less for some prescription sunglasses and have been very pleased with them, I have been wearing them most days since the hot weather and they have been fine. I found opitcal4less were very helpful and answered all my questions.
  • pete_burns
    pete_burns Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    BingoMum wrote:
    I've used glassesdirect and found them to be pretty good!

BM

:money: http://www.bargainchecker.com:money:
    me too - good service
  • twist3d
    twist3d Posts: 45 Forumite
    Options
    Nice one, thanks. There contact lens deals looking pretty amazing for daily disposables.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure