VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• seraphin_2
    seraphin_2 Posts: 245 Forumite
    Options
    Ive used https://www.googles4u.com, all prices are in us$ but a pair or rimless,thin lenses glasses work out at £14.88, toke two weeks to arrive and they have hundreds of styles to chose from, well worth a look
    :j mseswgwa:j
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • sleepy
    sleepy Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    I can highly reccomend selectspecs.com

A month ago I ordered some prescription sunglasses from them for £19.46 (total cost inc delivery). I was so impressed that 10 days ago I ordered some rimless glasses for £35.94 (again total cost!). The rimless pair arrived today and they're great.

The service is excellent, both pairs of glasses have been amazing quality for the price, people would easily believe I'd paid at least £100 extra for each, especially the rimless pair.
  • jeg041162
    Options
    They left the reading addition of my relatively simple prescription, in effect the specs were about as useful as my naked eye.

I returned the specs with a covering letter, stating what they had not done. Recieved the specs back, again without the reading addition.It is now over 5 weeks since they recieved my order.

S Sayles
  • trucker_4
    trucker_4 Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    jeg041162 wrote:
    They left the reading addition of my relatively simple prescription, in effect the specs were about as useful as my naked eye.

I returned the specs with a covering letter, stating what they had not done. Recieved the specs back, again without the reading addition.It is now over 5 weeks since they recieved my order.

S Sayles

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Sorry, not laughing at your misfortune, just the complete ineptitude of some so called professionals ;)

Just goes to show ....... glasses should be bought from a qualified dispensing optician. Like I suggested in my last post on this thread. Specsdot.com are qualified opticians and it showed to good advantage when I wanted advice about my prescription. They answered my emails reasonably quickly and even suggested that I phone if I needed more advice.

Needless to say, I bought my specs and my prescription sunglasses from them and both are perfect. Very cheap too, considering they were designer brands! :D

Check them out https://www.specsdot.com
  • tailiglasses
    Options
    Try this one, a good resource for reading glasses and sunglasses , with plastic and metal design.
  • Sui_Generis
    Sui_Generis Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Try this one, a good resource for reading glasses and sunglasses , with plastic and metal design.

Obviously it's your own site - you really should make that clear in your post - but there doesn't appear to be any way to purchase the items?
  • Sui_Generis
    Sui_Generis Posts: 1,177 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WELL IT MADE ME LAUGH!

If you look at the site suggested by beefsaw above select either "for him" or "for her" then try the second column "material" pull down ;)

Obviously a new material we'll hear more of!

EDIT obviously beefsaw is associated with the site he posted yesterday as his post count has changed and the original message has been deleted - in case you want to see it it's http://www.glassescrafter.co.uk/Product/en-US/List/00020002.aspx
  • beefsaw
    Options
    heheafsdfasdfasf
  • mutley74
    mutley74 Posts: 4,022 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    how does one buy online?
    I mean one cannot tell how the glasses will look and match one's looks?

How does one get the glasses "bent" into place properly as i find i need some help with adjustments?

Are face measurements necessary?

thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family