VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• fayraz
    fayraz Posts: 625 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    user1234 wrote:
    You might want to tell your friend to put a real business address in his domain registration as this kind of thing REALLLLLY makes people suspicious :rotfl: . Don't get me wrong...it is a nicely designed site with some nice glasses at good prices but with no real recommendations and no proper business credentials it is a bit hard to trust it will deliver.

Well thats put me right off, thats a shame because I seen a pair I really liked.

I have ordered with SelectSpecs now, now waiting too see what the quality and service is like now.
  • Bargain_seeker_5
    Options
    user1234 wrote:
    You might want to tell your friend to put a real business address in his domain registration as this kind of thing REALLLLLY makes people suspicious :rotfl: . Don't get me wrong...it is a nicely designed site with some nice glasses at good prices but with no real recommendations and no proper business credentials it is a bit hard to trust it will deliver.
    Looks like to many people are quick to judge by the looks of it the website owner has used someone outside the uk to do his site, so if the site is registered by the website builder it won't show up the orginal owners address when you do a search .
  • Bargain_seeker_5
    Options
    FAO USER1234
    This is what you should of posted
    Domain name:
    glassescrafter.co.uk

Registrant:
    glasses saver

Registrant type:
    Non-UK Corporation

Registrant's address:
    WQERQWER, QWREWR, QWREWER
    QWERQWER
    QWERWQE
    BT

Registrant's agent:
    PIPEX Communications Hosting Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 15-Mar-2006
    Renewal date: 15-Mar-2008
    Last updated: 13-May-2006
  • rubing1979
    Options
    seems i can post here,my message always being deleted, my friend told me they sell about 10 pairs of glasses per day now. Believe it or not, i don't want to say more
  • fayraz
    Options
    rubing1979 wrote:
    seems i can post here,my message always being deleted, my friend told me they sell about 10 pairs of glasses per day now. Believe it or not, i don't want to say more

Your post about the domain information has disappeared?
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today I received the glasses I ordered from Selectaspecs after seeing postings on this board, and I'm very pleased with them, so will certainly buy from there in the future.

The original frames I ordered were out of stock so I said I'd be happy to wait a couple of weeks to see if they came in. However, the supplier then told Selectaspecs they were now discontinued so I chose new frames & got good advice on what would be most suitable for me from the person I spoke to on the phone.

When I made my choice I was told they would rush them through seeing as I'd already suffered a delay & been very patient. They kept their word & I'm a very satisfied customer.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
  • saw2k
    saw2k Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I have received a pair of spectacles today from Glasses Direct. Not only have they arrived well before I expected them (just a few days after ordering), but I got free sweets as it was posted on a Friday!

The spectacles cost £15.00 and are of comparable quality to anything in any high street store.

Even the free hard case provided is of excellent quality that would cost you more than £15.00 alone in a high street optician.

However, they are not the cheapest spectacles available. In accordance with the terms of the offer, I will be sending Glasses Direct a link to this post and they will send me a £5.00 discount voucher in return. I may then order a pair of £10.00 spectacles! I feel happy at the double purpose of this post; even more inexpensive spectacles and letting money savers know the same.

I may even beg Glasses Direct to take a penny less, just for the novelty of paying single figures for a pair of spectacles.
  • josey1964
    josey1964 Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    cattie wrote:
    Today I received the glasses I ordered from Selectaspecs after seeing postings on this board, and I'm very pleased with them, so will certainly buy from there in the future.

Do you have a web address as Selectaspecs does not show anything except your post in google.

Josey
    Josey
  • fayraz
    Options
    I received my glasses from SelectSpecs and I am happy with the quality of the frame and lenses but since wearing them I have been feeling light headed and been getting headaches.

When I got my prescription the optician did say it will take a week for me to get used to the new prescription and I have only been wearing them since Wednesday.

Has anyone else had any experiences like this?
  • cattie
    cattie Posts: 8,841 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    josey1964 wrote:
    Do you have a web address as Selectaspecs does not show anything except your post in google.

Josey

Here it is, http://selectspecs.com/main.php

Any queries you have, just give them a ring. They really are very helpful.

Nobody believes I only paid £15 for my specs & I've just ordered a 2nd pair from them.
    The bigger the bargain, the better I feel.

I should mention that there's only one of me, don't confuse me with others of the same name.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure