Amazon Delivery Delay

Options

Comments

• jackieb
    jackieb Posts: 27,605 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    This is my order from the 9th of December (with free delivery). It's quite a big order of over £200. Estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Everything on time at the moment.

Date Time Location Event Details
    13 Dec 2010 03:30:23 PM National Distribution Centre Arrival Scan
    11 Dec 2010 10:36:17 PM Ridgmont Bedfordshire UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit
  • sheep-ali
    Options
    jackieb wrote: »
    This is my order from the 9th of December (with free delivery). It's quite a big order of over £200. Estimated delivery date is tomorrow. Everything on time at the moment.

Date Time Location Event Details
    13 Dec 2010 03:30:23 PM National Distribution Centre Arrival Scan
    11 Dec 2010 10:36:17 PM Ridgmont Bedfordshire UK Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit

Hope you are luckier than I am as that is where my order has been lying since the 5th.
  • vikingaero
    vikingaero Posts: 10,920 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    rustyboy21 wrote: »
    I have been told by a reliable source that the delays are due to the depots of the carriers being full to bursting with parcels at the moment. Because of all the snow, deliveries have been delayed. Couriers have been going out at 7 in the morning with 50 deliveries on, have been getting back at 7 pm, with 20 deliveries on as people are not in to receive, or have refused them. You still have to take into account that they do have to try and deliver those 20 parcels, so that takes up their time. Because the warehouses are so full, they cannot unload the other lorries as they have no room to put the goods, so therefore stale mate.

I feel that a lot of you are so ignorant of the fact that we have had bad weather, you have done your shopping online , so you don't have to go out to the shops. You, mulitplied by the many thousands who have done similar, have caused the problem in the first place, instead of thinking about it and waiting for a lull in the weather and going to see your friendly high st shops.

Old adage.... you pays your money.. you takes your chances, don't blame anyone else for your own ineptitude.

from a very warm and sunny Lancashire....

It's quite simple. If you can't deliver next day, then don't offer it on your website. It's not rocket science. I checked on the Amazon site yesterday and it was only then that they've withdrawn next day/Prime. Bolting the stable door after the horse has...
    The man without a signature.
  • Vik_36
    Vik_36 Posts: 57 Forumite
    edited 14 December 2010 at 11:49AM
    Options
    vikingaero wrote: »
    It's quite simple. If you can't deliver next day, then don't offer it on your website. It's not rocket science. I checked on the Amazon site yesterday and it was only then that they've withdrawn next day/Prime. Bolting the stable door after the horse has...

I totally agree, I ordered on Sunday night and then again on Monday morning. I paid £8.99 next day delivery for each order, delivery is expected today. After reading this thread I'm no expecting them to arrive today. They've both been dispatched via Citylink in Scotland, worst thing is there's more Snow on the way :(
  • icedgemma
    Options
    I ordered 3 items from Amazon on 1 Dec on supersaver delivery. One item was delivered on Friday. The other 2 items I have looked at the tracking and the status hasn't changed from the below for 9 days...
    Gourock Inverclyde
    Order has been handed over to the carrier and is in transit - Dec 05, 2010 2:38:30 PM
    Delivery Estimate: 8 Dec 2010

I called Royal Mail and apparently this means they don't actually have the parcel yet... I called amazon and finally got through after about 30 mins with annoying hold music to be told that their systems are down and they can't help me?! Why not have this message at the beginning of the call during the hold music! I just want to know if I will be getting this order any time soon or if I should cancel and go buy it from a shop in town. I realise there's a lot of snow in Scotland at the moment but surely something must have happened in the past 9 days? (I'm in South London).

Amazon's website says expect 1-2 days of delay... not 9 or more!

Any ideas anyone?
  • geordieracer
    Options
    just had something through from Amazon i ordered 2 week ago!! mind you his van was chock a block full of other parcels
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • honey9
    honey9 Posts: 60 Forumite
    Options
    I finally got my parcel this morning, my mum in N Wales on the other hand hasn't received hers yet and she ordered on the same day I did. I guess they're getting through them slowly!

I'm relieved it arrived as it's a Christmas pressie but I won't be ordering anything else online for the time being especially with the threat of more snow. It's clear that the postal service is overloaded but I also think Amazon should give a clearer indication of the delays; the site says orders are being delayed by 1 or 2 days, mine was delayed by 6 and lots of people are having longer delays!
  • Vik_36
    Vik_36 Posts: 57 Forumite
    Options
    icedgemma,

One of mines saying the same thing, seems it'll be stuck in Gourock
    the other saying the same thing but it's in Glasgow Lanarkshire. I wasn't aware their warehouses are based in Scotland. If I had of known I'd have purchased elsewhere as I know the Snow causing problems up there.
  • sheenangel
    Options
    My Amazon parcel has been stuck at the Royal Mail Yorkshire Distribution Centre since the 8th of December. I ordered it on the 28th of November.

I need it here for Friday (it’s a Christmas present for someone I won’t see for a while after then) and its obviously not going to move from move.

I rang Amazon last night (after an understandable 20 minutes on hold) who said they would send out a replacement for me to be here on Friday and the new order would be visible within 24 hours. Nothing yet, so I shall wait until tonight for it to appear and call them again if not.

I don’t understand why they continued to take Super Saver delivery orders after the first week of December if they were aware of the backlog?
  • sammylou100
    Options
    I ordered a book, a DVD & a CD on the 30th of November using Supersaver deliver, the DVD arrived 2 days later, still no sign of the book or CD...emailed Amazon on the 8th, they said I had to wait til today before I could claim, so I have just sent them an email, will wait to see what they say, I am hoping that they will re-send them as the book is quite hard to find, but at this stage I would be happy with either as I just need a solution!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure