IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Maybe promoted from a PPC to a CEO?

Options

Comments

• Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    So if I overstay by say 5 minutes in one of your car-parks which we shall say is a free supermarket car-park which is half-full, how can your charge of £75 be worked out in terms of damages endured by the landowner?
  • ppc_guy
    ppc_guy Posts: 412 Forumite
    Options
    Kite2010 wrote: »
    So if I overstay by say 5 minutes in one of your car-parks which we shall say is a free supermarket car-park which is half-full, how can your charge of £75 be worked out in terms of damages endured by the landowner?
    If you overstayed by 5 minutes in one of the car parks i manage in a free supermarket you woulnt get a ticket.. Similar to if you are in a P+D site and you pay for 6 hours and overstay by 5 minutes that would be a stupid process as you are not likely to come back
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 8 December 2010 at 11:20PM
    Options
    ppc_guy wrote: »
    Dim university? Surely that defeats the object of Universities...

Certainly dim Uni or retailer if they allow some Car Parking Partnership to issue systematic and harassing threats against their customers/students/visitors/deliverymen! They need to learn never to bite the hand that feeds, it shows ridiculously stupid lack of business sense to allow a practice that intimidates and threatens customers, leaves them out of pocket and probably drives them away for good in many cases on retail sites.

The letters are legally guided not to threaten they cannot say you will get CCJ's they arent judges so cant make this call. They cannot say it WILL affect your credit rating. Nor can they say anythin that will happen other than interest and fees being added and them chasing you for payment.

Your sense of belief in debt collectors' practices is misguided. You haven't seen the letters we have seen from Newlyn and Phillips then. Issued regularly this year for various PPC typical bogus PCNs and telling the recipient that they ARE coming round to remove possessions/cars! One Newlyn letter was hand-delivered saying they had called to remove possessions. It has been reported to the OfT, Trading Standards etc. by a poster on here - but the PPC doesn't care what the debt collector does.

Do you KNOW what your pet debt collector sends out? If you can tell us their name we can show you their letter-chain, judge for yourself.

And what about Roxburghe pretending to be a Solicitor called Graham White, and phoning people several times a day. That's harassment, pure and simple, andharassment is against the law. FACT. Yet most PPCs use Roxburghe.

And I have to mention your previous reply when you said your company doesn't imitate Council Penalty Charge Notices, they just call them something COMPLETELY different(!) Parking Charge Notice (wow, no confusion there then).

And PPCs copy the typeface and contravention wording of a real PCN and put it in a yellow square envelope...not passing it off as a real PCN indeed!

Did you see Watchdog last month when they asked people if they could tell which PCN was a real (Council) one? Most people could not, most thought the PPC rubbish was the real ticket.

Now explain please why you think passing off your invoices as a real PCN is OK? :mad:
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    And the "warnings" on some PPC's tickets which say "removal or interference with this notice is an offence". Yet another PPC lie.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • ppc_guy
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Certainly dim Uni or retailer if they allow some Car Parking Partnership to issue systematic and harassing threats against their customers/students/visitors/deliverymen!
    Opinons cannot be argued and no matter what me or anyone else says we wont change your opinion so i wont bother trying
    You haven't seen the letters we have seen from Newlyn and Phillips then. Issued regularly this year for a PPC typical bogus PCN and telling the recipient that they ARE coming round to remove possessions/cars!
    No i havent. Care to link me ?
    And I have to mention your previous reply when you said your company doesn't imitate Council Penalty Charge Notices, they just call them something COMPLETELY different(!) Parking Charge Notice (wow, no confusion theer then).

And PPCs copy the typeface and contravention wording of a real PCN and put it in a yellow square envelope...!

Did you see Watchdog last month when they asked people if they could tell which PCN was a real (Council) one? Most people could not, most thought the PPC rubbish was the real ticket.
    The wording is totally different OUR Parking charges have 6 options which are the only offences possibel and relate directly to car parks not the highway. If anyone was really confused by our tickets i would be suprised.
    Now explain please why you think passing off your invoices as a real PCN is OK? :mad:
    Where did i say we do this? i didnt so please do not tar us all wiht the same brush.

Remember a few years ago all dorrmen were bald and wore black bomber jackets?
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • ppc_guy
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    And the "warnings" on some PPC's tickets which say "removal or interference with this notice is an offence". Yet another PPC lie.
    Indeed it is a lie which is why our Ticket holders dont say it :D
    It is only illegal for council/police issued PCN's
  • anewman
    anewman Posts: 9,200 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 8 December 2010 at 11:34PM
    Options
    No is the simple answer. I have said so far we havent taken anyone to court this does not mean that tomorrow we wont issue a ticket where we are sure without doubt who the driver was and they refuse to pay at which time it may be seen as viable to issue court proceedings.
    Even if you have proof of who parked, you would need to be able to prove your £75 charge represented actual losses, and is not a penalty contractual clause. There are probably other reasons a court case brought by you could not win.
    The wording is totally different OUR Parking charges have 6 options which are the only offences possibel and relate directly to car parks not the highway. If anyone was really confused by our tickets i would be suprised.
    You seem to have missed the point entirely. To start with the word "offence" could be seen to relate to a criminal act, which parking against displayed terms and conditions is not. Secondly, a ticket which mimics a Council or Police ticket, and gives unreasonable threats, could only possibly lead to confusion. Thirdly, listing "offences" with fake codes designed to look like Council tickets could only be seen as misleading.

When clamping has been banned, the criminal gangs like LBS clamping services will get in on the PPC act, and in a few years they will bring you all down when PPC's are banned, no matter how ethical your business may be. There are probably some ethical clampers out there, e.g. http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2910340 but clamping is being banned for all sadly.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options

Just take a look at the letter-chains at the top of this sub-forum. They're all there.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,556 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Here's Newlyn's very recent letter, reported to various authorities by Herbie21.

Maybe someone else can post a link to the worst Philips letter where they say they are going to send the boys round, can't find it right now after searching a few forums.

You still haven't said whether you even know what your debt collector sends. You are saying your little partnership is whiter than white...yet you are blissfully unaware of what threats/harassment is being carried out in your name?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Even if you say you act ethically, its your tame debt collectors who often act illegally, the fact that they are called debt collectors is misleading, there is no debt so how can they collect something that is not owned ?

Really they are beneath contempt and deserve liquidation, one of these companies are called ' court proceedings ltd' a delibirate attempt at deception!
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport