1899/18185/18866 PROBLEMS price increases (merged)

Options
I have been experiencing poor quality of calls lately. Echo,noise, etc. Is it just me,or is it a common problem.

Added 30/10/2006. I am also unable to use service at moment just like other posters in this thread!!!!

Should 1899 advise customers in advance of any connection charge changes? 18 votes

Yes
100% 18 votes
No
0% 0 votes

Comments

• Tharweb
    Tharweb Posts: 1,193 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    No it's not just you. Using 1899 since the price increase the quality has gone downhill. Takes forever to connect and loads of noise and echo.
    This site has saved me a fortune :money: ...it's also cost me a fortune! :doh:
    © Tharweb 2006 :D
  • flossy_splodge
    Options
    Sorry to disagree but I am having no difficulties at all with 1899. HOWEVER, WHAT price increase??? You're worrying me now, when was it and please can you tell me WHAT it was. Thanks:eek:
  • dagger_meerkat
    Options
    i totally agree with you, call quality was superb some time back, its become very noisy nowdays. Don't know about 1899 much, but use 18185 a lot to call the netherlands, and its always hissing.
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry to disagree but I am having no difficulties at all with 1899. HOWEVER, WHAT price increase??? You're worrying me now, when was it and please can you tell me WHAT it was. Thanks:eek:

Connection charge now 4p from 23/10/2006. Formerly 3p.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=286974
  • tankgirl1
    tankgirl1 Posts: 4,252 Forumite
    Options
    i had major problems with 1899 call quality yesterday, and eventually had to hang up and redial without the prefix, as i couldnt hear the other person...

hope they sort it
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

RIP POOCH 5/09/94 - 17/09/07
  • miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had trouble with 18185 all day yesterday, called a UK number and could hardly have a conversation due to crackle, echo and delay. It also took a long time to connect to any call yesterday. I've not tried today.
  • nicks
    nicks Posts: 386 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have tried to call my parents who live 15 miles away from me & got the following message '18866 doesn't offer calls to this destination yet'. I have been using 18866 for well over a year & have never had any problems. I have emailed them, but there automated message back was that they may take several days to respond....

Has anyone else had this problem? I suppose I have no choice but to wait fro 18866 to get back to me?

Nickie

It now happens everytime I try to dial 01 numbers, is it just me???
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    It has happened to me with 1899 sometime back, but they were pretty quick to resolve the problem.

Might be worth signing up for 18185 which is cheaper and try those, as even though they are the same company I found one would work when the other had a problem.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • gogsboy
    gogsboy Posts: 527 Forumite
    Options
    When use the service now I am getting a message saying they dont do calls to this destination, its just local and using it same way as have done for many months now.

Anyone have same problems, if so whats changed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport