1899/18185/18866 PROBLEMS price increases (merged)

Options
12346»

Comments

• miniemma
    miniemma Posts: 505 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Heinz wrote:
    I can't believe you did so with the MSE UK Callchecker so easily available.

Unfortunately I was in a hurry :( and having tried both 18185 and 18866 I decided just to dial :eek: but I will keep that link for future use :beer:
  • djohn2002uk
    djohn2002uk Posts: 2,323 Forumite
    Options
    We had the problem too but it's cleared no.
    What I don't understand is the number of posters on this thread still using 18866 when 18185 and 1899 are both 20% cheaper.

Oh, and to avoid confusion for some people I think the title of this thread should include 18866 and not 18186.
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    .................::)
  • Steve.Mck_2
    Options
    I've just had my latest 1899 invoice and notice that the connection cost went from 3p to 4p on 23rd October without any advance warning. This still represents a simple and good value way of making landline calls but is a bit sneaky. 1899 was only 2p just 6 months ago or so and was again increased with no warning other than seeing new charges on the bill.:confused:
  • catford
    catford Posts: 1,114 Forumite
    Options
    Steve.Mck wrote:
    I've just had my latest 1899 invoice and notice that the connection cost went from 3p to 4p on 23rd October without any advance warning. This still represents a simple and good value way of making landline calls but is a bit sneaky. 1899 was only 2p just 6 months ago or so and was again increased with no warning other than seeing new charges on the bill.:confused:

Even though 1899 was good value, is it now? what if they decided to hike up call charges a lot without telling users,:eek: they could be on a nice little earner.;)
    They should give advance warning:mad:
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    catford wrote:
    Even though 1899 was good value, is it now? what if they decided to hike up call charges a lot without telling users,:eek: they could be on a nice little earner.;)
    They should give advance warning:mad:
    Increases to call charges aren't the problem because those are announced at the start of each call (a good reason for leaving the announcement switched on).

It's increases in connection charges which annoy people - particularly when they don't e-mail all customers in advance (there's no real excuse either because they have all customer's e-mail addresses - that being how bills are 'sent').
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    Taking into account their lack of interest in customers, poor call quality,etc some users providing they make enough calls would be better off using alternative suppliers inclusive call packages.
  • corek
    Options
    It maybe the intermittant Skype problem. All these companies use Skype which has been having a problem.
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,518 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    corek wrote: »
    It maybe the intermittant Skype problem. All these companies use Skype which has been having a problem.

This is a FOUR YEAR OLD thread:eek:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport