1899/18185/18866 PROBLEMS price increases (merged)

Options

Comments

• Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hmm . bit odd. The override for the V2 is specified as '##' on the Orchid website - but '121' in the manual. Good to have a choice:rolleyes:
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • bendtoy_2
    bendtoy_2 Posts: 131 Forumite
    Options
    zAndy1 wrote:
    Now that is odd if it's affecting other providers as well. Anyone else?

Its only affecting 1899/18185/18866 who are sister companies and presumably use same network.
  • save-a-lot
    save-a-lot Posts: 2,809 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is 18866 not working for anyone else at the moment?

have a dialler in place so do not have to worry about dialling any access codes, anyway geting a message saying...

18866 does not currently have a service for the desination you have dialled (or words to that effect)

it is giving this message on a UK landline number we dial all the time, tried a few numbers and get the same message.

Anyone else getting this????

just been merged - I am in the North West if that helps anyone
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Options
    I have been on the phone for the past two hours via 1899, so its working just fine :)
  • BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    zAndy1 wrote:
    Now that is odd if it's affecting other providers as well. Anyone else?

18866, 1899 and 18185 are all the same company.

This must be a fairly major problem if it affecting so many people and across all the different flavours. Previously when I had a problem with one service the other was fine, but people are reporting all are having the same fault.

As I dumped my BT landline 15+ months ago I can't try the in-direct access number, however trying the 0808 access number from my Sipgate service does indeed work fine and connects to the destination OK.

VoIPStunt which I also use as my main VoIP provider which was once a Finera SA service and now run by Betamax works without problem.

EDIT: 18866's 0808 access number now stating I've dialled an invalid number after stating the call cost and ringing for a couple of seconds.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    Options
    I have been on the phone for the past two hours via 1899, so its working just fine :)

Have you tried making a call since?
  • orsonkart_2
    Options
    The 0808 Freephone Access Numbers are working fine so cable customers should not be affected.

Must just be Indirect Access.
  • Hazzanet
    Hazzanet Posts: 1,713 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm having a problem with 18185 here in Swindon too. I've resorted to using BT!!!
  • MikeG_3
    Options
    I have this current problem, too, as does my sister, and I was wondering whether this was a OneTel/TalkTalk problem because a third subscriber, who has a BT landline says their connection is working fine and dialed me to prove it.
  • GlebeCS
    GlebeCS Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    I am on BT and mine is broken, has been since around 3:30 this afternoon, 18185, 18866 and 18899 all affected
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure