3kg Whole Turkey or 2kg Turkey Crown £8 at Morrisons

Options

Comments

• tiff
    tiff Posts: 6,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I think its better to get the £25 voucher Morrisons were giving away and get the fresh turkey (bigger) of your choice. My Mum paid for the turkey this year using her voucher, she got an extra large crown which was £38 so ended up paying £13 for it. She wouldnt let me buy the £8 frozen one saying frozen wasnt as good as fresh so she insisted on paying for it, result!
    “A budget is telling your money where to go instead of wondering where it went.” - Dave Ramsey
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    Frozen turkey is OK
  • susan1
    susan1 Posts: 319 Forumite
    Options
    Had the £8 frozen turkey crown, it was one of the nicest turkeys i've had for years!
  • spaceman5
    spaceman5 Posts: 2,716 Forumite
    Options
    in-laws had turkey crown from morrisons, they dont normally shop there, but commented on how it was the best turkey they have had in years
    Take every day as it comes!!
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    Options
    susan1 wrote: »
    Had the £8 frozen turkey crown, it was one of the nicest turkeys i've had for years!

I agree:D we had it yesterday still loads left had sandwiches and turkey curry lovely and to think I saw one in sainsburys for £55.50:eek: someone would have bought it I am sure but the £8 crown was lovely and worth remembering for next year:D
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • brudie25
    brudie25 Posts: 334 Forumite
    Options
    Our £8 one was lovely too - acually honestly was one of the nicest turkeys i have had
  • Snakeeyes21
    Snakeeyes21 Posts: 2,527 Forumite
    Options
    Did anyone else's Morrison's turkey crown have bones in? I've been buying a crown for the past 5 yrs & this yr is the first time it's ever had bones in, it had wings & the breast bone! - bit disappointed with it tbh! oh well can't complain too much for £8.00 I guess.

Of course a crown has bones :rotfl:its meant to have the wings removed though.

Alot of butchers call a double boned out breast a crown though, which is probably what you have bought in previous years.

But yeah, a crown is just meant to be a whole turkey with the legs and wings removed.

Source? 7 years as a chef :cool:
  • MillicentBystander
    Options
    Well you wouldn't expect them to turn round and say it was minging would you *rolleyes*

This is the first year we have ever had frozen turkey (on account of going for this billy bargain) and i can honestly say it's probably the nicest turkey we have ever had. I have a feeling that turkey/food snobs are much like wine snobs and used baby nappies - full of you know what. There's no way on earth that anyone could have told us this was a frozen turkey (I have already lost 'wine buff' friends by showing them up for what they are by providing wine by the box decanted into empty high end wine bottles and they complimented me on my wine choice! Their faces when I produced the empty Lidl wine boxes at the end of the evening was actually worth the bad feeling it caused).
  • quoia
    quoia Posts: 14,435 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 December 2010 at 12:26AM
    Options
    Well you wouldn't expect them to turn round and say it was minging would you *rolleyes*

Well actually, if it was, YES !!!! :tongue:

Given that they were NOT guests but PAYING CUSTOMERS I'd have expected complaints or refusals to pay if it was anything BUT the highest standard of quality, flavour, tenderness etc. etc. that they are accustomed to !

There are 10 types of people in the world. ‹(•¿•)›
    ‹(•¿•)› Those that understand binary and those that do not!

Veni, Vidi, VISA ! ................. I came, I saw, I PURCHASED
    (11)A104.28S94.98O112.46N86.73D101.02(12)J130.63F126.76M134.38A200.98M156.30J95.56J102.85A175.93
    S LOWER CASE OMEGA;6.59 so far ..
  • rosatoso_2
    Options
    I bought two of these turkey crowns and they were really really nice - normally I buy M&S bronze blah, blah but couldn't afford it this year. But honestly would buy these every year from now on.

One crown fed 10 people yesterday and the other one we had today.

Highly recommended.

Thanks OP
    xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills