3kg Whole Turkey or 2kg Turkey Crown £8 at Morrisons

Options

Comments

• boydE
    boydE Posts: 376 Forumite
    Options
    I had 3, there were freezer fulls in my local, this was on Tuesday. BUT they scanned through at £12.99 for a turkey crown which should have been £8 i stood my ground and had all 3 for £24, the supervisor took the £8 offer off and left the £12.99 one on.
  • ALIBOBSY
    ALIBOBSY Posts: 4,527 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sirbrainy wrote: »
    I know the feeling :rotfl:

I do all the cooking and I could count the times I have been thanked on one...er...finger.

Only 10 years of marriage, though.

I'm hoping to get thanked again by 2020.

I must be lucky as my lot always say thanks for most meals, my son even says I should be on masterchef lol, I like the sentiment but i am just a reasonable home cook.
    I wonder if the kids say it because my OH always says something. EG tonight he said how tasty the spag bol was and could he have seconds, kids said respectively yum, yummy and fab as usual mum.

Get em told no thanks no food.
    ali x
    "Overthinking every little thing
    Acknowledge the bell you cant unring"

• chocolatepennyfarthing
    Options
    Does anyone know how long is this promotion on for please?
    Jan Grocery challenge
    Budget £350 - Spent £64.45 to date
  • brudie25
    Options
    I dunno when it finishes but there are loads in the Kettering store - marked as £12 for the crown but scanning at £8
  • AP
    AP Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    I had to take 2 different ones to the checkout just to have a "Price Check" before I found the £8 one. The ticket on the freezer still says £12.00 and the £8 ones are those with a white wrapping and purple letters - not the other way round. Also the bar code at the bottom should end with ***920 - not ***852; and the label should say it weighs exactly 4.000 kg. Then it should scan at £8 at the checkout.
  • Bykerlass
    Options
    Brilliant, got a turkey crown at Morrisons in Spalding, they were priced at £8 :)
    I USED TO BE INDECISIVE BUT NOW I'M NOT SO SURE!

Rich people tell you that money doesn't bring you happiness just so the poor people don't feel jealous.
  • Lewisthewestie
    Options
    Morrisons in Basingstoke had 2-3 Turkeys and about 10 Turkey crowns at 2.15 this afternoon.

They are marked up as 'special purchase £8.00'
    Some days you're the statue, some days you're the pigeon.
  • iris
    iris Posts: 1,385 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Bykerlass wrote: »
    Brilliant, got a turkey crown at Morrisons in Spalding, they were priced at £8 :)

Same here Bykerlass, they had lots didn't they for £8. Ours is now in the freezer.

Nice to read of someone else living in the Spalding area, cold though isn't it, although the sun is shining.
  • J20BABY
    J20BABY Posts: 2,025 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Plenty in Hull Holderrness Rd one. I put one in my trolley, then realised I don't even like it. So put it back!
  • sirbrainy
    sirbrainy Posts: 2,749 Forumite
    Options
    As we stuff a bit of turkey down our throats this Sunday, let's raise a glass to bootiful Bernard Matthews - father of the affordable turkey - who passed away today.

RIP Bernard.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport