Options
    Howver this is the face Hubby will be met with when he finally gets up

funny-pictures-maded-me-a-cookie.jpg
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    CAFC your fluffy pictures annoy me, not because I don't enjoy a fluffy pic occasionally but because they have hideously bad spelling and grammar! 22.gif:p
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    morning ladies

glad you're feeling better Sugar. When are you next in the NW btw?

I'm shattered this morning for some reason, think perhaps it's my UC playing up. Plus my abs and legs are a bit sore after my wii shennanigans last night lol. My black friday wii got dispatched today tho! wooooo. I quite fancy the phones if they come down cheap enough.

I have a question on behalf of my friend re benefits She was made redundant at the start of her pregnancy. She was out of work for a bit but got another job for the last few months so qualified for MA. The job centre have avoided putting her on MA and have instead put her and out of work hubby on JA. He gets the JA and they said she is a SAHM. They told her that she still wouldn't be entitled to MA if hubby was working. Is this correct? From what the job centre have told her we're struggling to see who would qualify for MA.
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    My most humble apologies
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    gill - him being in/out of work doesnt have much bearing her i dont think. i was on MA and hubby working, it depends if she meets the criteria as in time employed, average eekly earnings....

to this day i have never met anyone at the job centre who actually advised me or hubby correctly....
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    morning.... :)

full of a cold and a cough (thanks K)

so glad the builders meet went well. is there any photos?

was going to write something and its clean gone out of my head lol!!

never mind.......
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • Krystaltips
    Options
    gill_81uk wrote: »

I have a question on behalf of my friend re benefits She was made redundant at the start of her pregnancy. She was out of work for a bit but got another job for the last few months so qualified for MA. The job centre have avoided putting her on MA and have instead put her and out of work hubby on JA. He gets the JA and they said she is a SAHM. They told her that she still wouldn't be entitled to MA if hubby was working. Is this correct? From what the job centre have told her we're struggling to see who would qualify for MA.
    They're talking crap, she's entitled because she's worked enough qualifying weeks. It doesn't matter what anyone else in the household is earning, it's not means tested.

Can she not download the forms herself, or ring the jobcentre plus helpline?

Our Surestart has a christmas creche thing running, £3 for 9-11:30... I've taken advantage so I can have a driving lesson at 10... She was a little unsure when I dropped her off, but as long as I pass her to someone and they're holding her when I leave she's fine :)

Was going to take advantage of the 45mins peace to grab an uninterupted shower... But got sidetracked catching up so I'll just have to go driving all stinky ;)

KitKat, was it you that said you couldn't bath T on your own because of your back? Have you tried just filling up the kitchen sink and bathing him in there?
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• gill_81uk
    gill_81uk Posts: 2,850 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 24 November 2010 at 10:47AM
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    gill - him being in/out of work doesnt have much bearing her i dont think. i was on MA and hubby working, it depends if she meets the criteria as in time employed, average eekly earnings....

to this day i have never met anyone at the job centre who actually advised me or hubby correctly....

Thanks CAFC - that was my understanding too but the job centre seem to be railroadong them into not applying. She worked for the first 2/3 and last 4 months and was on a reasonable wage so definitely qualified. Do you apply through the job centre? I'm worried she's trying to apply for the wrong thing or do it the wrong way iyswim. The baby is 4 months old now tho so I hope it's not too late.

Thanks Krystal. Enjoy your babyfree (not that you;re ever totally baby free ;)) morning.
    Mummy to Thomas born April 27th 2010 8lb 5oz
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    stinking rat bag still isnt out of bed....
    I've finished all my emaily bits now, sterilised, made bottles, washing up from dinner that I cooked, fed L, changed L, dressed L, let Gordon out, made myself a cup of java, and am sat on floor playing with L whilst nattering on here.....

My mum is up to stay tomorrow for a few days so need to get my clean on!
  • Krystaltips
    Options
    Gill, she might be lucky enough to get a good amount of back pay from them... I put off applying for MA because it disqualified me from the surestart grant at the time... When I did apply they sent me a £500 back payment :)

Download application form here...
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure