MSE Parents Club Part 15

Options

Comments

• jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    great...have just fished 2 soothers out of the toilet....
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • My_Fathers_Daughter
    Options
    jillie1974 wrote: »

Ew! The throat sweets or dummies? But ew either way!

Benjamin now knows that big boys don't have dummies, so if he has one and I say 'are you a baby or a big boy Benjamin?' He says 'not babba, big boy! Catch!' And then he lobs his dummy as hard as he can, usually at my head!
    r.mac wrote: »
    please listen to MFD - she is a wise woman :D
    Proud Mummy to the gorgeous Benjamin John born 14 March 2009, 8lbs 14oz
    A new little seedling on the way, due 30 September 2012
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options

Look on the bright side, at least your toilet didn't get blocked with little action figures :D

Oh and if they were the throat sweets surely you would have just flushed? I know that's what I would have done:rotfl:
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • jillie1974
    jillie1974 Posts: 6,997 Forumite
    Options
    'dummies' but i hate that word so they are 'soothers' here
    'Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded'
  • MadDogWoman_2
    Options
    Morning all,

Katie had me up at 2am coughing then she woke up for the day at 6am so a bit tired this morning.

She's at playgroup today, so have gone through her clothes and removed all that are too small, including a favourite dress :eek: Katie needs a seperate drawer for all her tights! I didn't dare count how many pairs of jeans she has.

I have no other plans for today.
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
    DD Katie born April 2007!
    3 years 9 months and proud of it
    dreams do come true (eventually!)

• Sami_Bee
    Sami_Bee Posts: 14,555 Forumite
    Options
    aless02 wrote: »
    Sami, do you not realise the fluffy pics are bad grammar ON PURPOSE? It's supposed to be cute, silly! CAFC, don't listen to her. :p:p
    Methinks someone missed the *fun thing* about lolcats :whistle:
    Don't come crying to me when your children can't spell :p

Ps. Krystal I like being famous in your siggy:cool:
    The very best is sometimes what nature gives us for free.
    3onitsway wrote: »
    I think Sami is right, as always!
  • kitkat5566
    kitkat5566 Posts: 1,332 Forumite
    edited 24 November 2010 at 12:47PM
    Options
    KitKat, was it you that said you couldn't bath T on your own because of your back? Have you tried just filling up the kitchen sink and bathing him in there?

I know what you mean but I even struggled doing this LOL. I do feel useless, I just cannot bend my back while holding T or holding any weight, and if I keep it straight it kinda goes all spasmy and then I have to lie down. He also is super wriggley, kicks like hell and keeps arching his back when being bathed! Ahhhh top and tail it is then! Although I now can wash his hair on my own :p LOL. Sometimes I do feel like an old lady :( I'm 24!!!

I may even attempt bathing him in the sink again, I will make sure there is towels and something to put him down on just incase my back gives in!

EDIT: Is there anything that can be done for a constipated baby? He doesn't seem in distress at all, but its been 4 days! He is normally a 2 day poo baby! I bet it'll happen when I go to my friends house tomorrow; his family are quite prim and proper, but a babys gota poo... LOL
  • delain
    delain Posts: 7,700 Forumite
    Options
    kitkat5566 wrote: »
    I know what you mean but I even struggled doing this LOL. I do feel useless, I just cannot bend my back while holding T or holding any weight, and if I keep it straight it kinda goes all spasmy and then I have to lie down. He also is super wriggley, kicks like hell and keeps arching his back when being bathed! Ahhhh top and tail it is then! Although I now can wash his hair on my own :p LOL. Sometimes I do feel like an old lady :( I'm 24!!!

I may even attempt bathing him in the sink again, I will make sure there is towels and something to put him down on just incase my back gives in!

KK I'm 25 and feel like an old lady too :o Been having unexplained stumbles the last few days but got Physio tomorrow so hopefully she will put my mind at rest instead of sending me back to the neurologist :eek:

OH takes Squeaks in the shower with him, he holds, I wash lol would that work for you guys?
    Mum of several with a twisted sense of humour and a laundry obsession :o:o
  • Krystaltips
    Krystaltips Posts: 9,220 Forumite
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote: »
    No mum will be taking him back down south, he doesnt like the northern weather, and he's just not getting the attention he deserves and I know he'll be happier there... just hard to accept iyswim
    I know it doesn't feel like it at the moment... But you will feel an imeasurable amount of relief once he's happily settled with your parents... I loved my Buddy to pieces but once I got used to him not being there, it was like a big weight had been lifted for me :)
    Krystal, I love your siggy, it is so insightful...but I miss your kids and your hubby and the bf support number :D
    Ah, I see them all the time... I don't need them in my sig ;) (And I'm sure the ever efficient Sami has the support number on the first page ;))
    That was how my sister got my neice off her meemee... She was leaning round trying to see what she'd made and it fell in the loo, my sister flushed and that was it, no more meemee!

KitKat, I wouldn't worry too much about bath frequency at T's age anyway... When Caitlyn was small and unmoving, I made sure her bum was clean and I regularly cleared out the finger jam... Baths we infrequent... She didn't have too many flies round her... ;)

She very much enjoyed the creche... I would be tempted to book her in again next week if I was more mobile, but the school run is killing me, I definitely couldn't do it twice in 1 day!

Driving lesson went well, she took me round a stupid island layout on the black country route to get used to where to position myself if I was on a test (twice!) and then made me reverse around a corner... I think I have that one nailed now, thank goodness!
    A very proud Mummy to 3 beautiful girls... I do pity my husband though, he's the one to suffer the hormones...
    Krystal is so smart and funny and wonderful I am struck dumb in awe in her presence.

• smartie12
    smartie12 Posts: 7,658 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning:)

The snot coming out of my nose is :eek:

Daisy is normally a one a day girl but has been going 2 days or more without a poo... and just now I was changing a dirty nappy and *TMI* she did a very runny poo:( I hope she's not getting poorly.
    BLOWINGBUBBLES:kisses2: SMARTIE12
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport