PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

23 odd socks!

Comments

• gazzak007
    gazzak007 Posts: 262 Forumite
    :beer: What colour are they ? as I think I might have the other one to match in my draw
    The trouble with work is that it interferes with living
  • We stuff socks with tennis balls, knot them, and them tie them in a long line, an ideal tugger for our dog who doesn't like plastic, hard squeaky toys :)

~ditzy x
    :pLove hugs and glitterbugs :p
  • Every 6 months we have a sock speed dating session, where the whole family have to bring their sock drawers down to the lounge including the odd sock bag and the we start the clock. We actually end up with a few happy matches and a good laugh into the bargain! Any saddo lonely socks that are left, get thrown out, ruthless but hey that's life!
  • navig8r
    navig8r Posts: 553 Forumite
    I have no qualms about wearing odd socks and put on whatever comes to hand, odd or not .In the 1970's my CB handle was "oddsock" and I still use that user name on a number of internet forums.

Dave
  • Another dog toy to make. Just knot them all together - my dog loves it, better if you don't wash them first so if I see a sock with a hole it goes in the dogs cupboard to make the next one.
  • victory
    victory Posts: 16,188 Forumite
    AngelDaze wrote:
    Every 6 months we have a sock speed dating session, where the whole family have to bring their sock drawers down to the lounge including the odd sock bag and the we start the clock. We actually end up with a few happy matches and a good laugh into the bargain! Any saddo lonely socks that are left, get thrown out, ruthless but hey that's life!
    That is pretty much what we do as well!! Funny that, my elderly Aunty goes mad when I tell her I have thrown socks away-darn them she says, oh no I say life is toooooooooo short for darning socks, ha ha!!! xx
    misspiggy wrote: »
    I'm sure you're an angel in disguise Victory :)
  • jacand
    jacand Posts: 562 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    We once used odd socks as a comforter for our little puppy. Just fill one large black sock with other odd ones and tie or stitch at the end.
    We put it in her basket when she went to bed, and she cuddled up to it.
    Suppose it reminded her of the rest of the litter.
    As she got older she would carry it around, occasionally now she will steal socks of radiators and even off your feet!!!
  • shumicat
    shumicat Posts: 17 Forumite
    Thank you all so much for cheering me up! Funniest thing I've read in a long time - will try out the catnip sock tho!
  • I am glad that I am not the only one with odd socks.

Believe it or not my grandaughter is only two and she has loads of odd socks so it does show that socks are no respecter of age.

I now own Martin Money Saver book which I 'bought' from Amazon with vouchers given to me at work. But I don't know if it mentions sock.

Jean
  • Sarahsaver
    Sarahsaver Posts: 8,390 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    DS used to wear them on his hands in bed when his eczema was bad - he preferred it to the bandages sometimes;)
    Member no.1 of the 'I'm not in a clique' group :rotfl:
    I have done reading too!
    To avoid all evil, to do good,
    to purify the mind- that is the
    teaching of the Buddhas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts