PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

23 odd socks!

Options

Comments

• twirl_2
    Options
    Just to say 23 is for wimps! Two of my children suck there socks for comfort ( clean I hasten to add) At last count we had 36 odd ones! I'd agree with the point about taking to a play group or nursery for making puppets or junk modelling. Not sure about wearing odd socks under boots what if you get knocked down by a bus!

If I got Knocked down by a bus, I don't think I'd be worrying about what socks I had on. :p
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    twirl wrote:

If I got Knocked down by a bus, I don't think I'd be worrying about what socks I had on. :p
    No, but your granny would be mortified! :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • Phatmouse
    Options
    :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have one of those baby tummy tubs full of odd socks and I can not bear to throw them out as I just know the other will turn up. Roll on christmas for new ones from mother.
  • tawnyowls
    tawnyowls Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Gryfon wrote:
    What really annoys me though are black socks which you think are the same but are subtly different!

That's why you need to buy a batch at the same time - usually cheaper in packs, anyway, so buy enough identical socks to keep you going all week, and make sure some pairs aren't worn more than others.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,104 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    tawnyowls wrote:
    That's why you need to buy a batch at the same time - usually cheaper in packs, anyway, so buy enough identical socks to keep you going all week, and make sure some pairs aren't worn more than others.
    But Gryfon's point, which I find too, is that even if you do buy a pack of, say, 5 pairs of plain black socks, and even if they all look identical when you get them out of the packet, within a couple of washes some of them will be 6" longer than others, and the shades will vary from charcoal to midnight black. So you spend half an hour trying to decide if this is a pair, or whether the 'odd' one you were left with last week belongs to one of these ...

And DS2 likes white sports socks. With them, they seem to stay the same length, but the pairs he's worn for muddy outings never come quite clean ... :rotfl:
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • ButterPie_2
    ButterPie_2 Posts: 105 Forumite
    Options
    I have just sorted through my children's socks, and now have a carrier bag full of odd ones, from birth to four years. Seems such a shame to chuck them out - what can I do with them? Tiny dusters? Teeny sock puppets?
    Goal = £9,000 in 2011, starting in March
    Current total - £779 banked by 09/04/11
    Also growing, scrimping and crafting to not need as much in the first place!
  • CommitedToChange
    Options
    sock monkeys :D
  • purpleheather2810
    Options
    I have been thinking about making an advent calendar with mine - One sock for each day, with a number sewn/wonderwebbed/embroidered on it. I have 2 children so if I made them one of these each, it would use up 50 socks!!
    :D Skint but happy with my lovely family :D

Hypnotherapy rocks :j
  • katholicos
    katholicos Posts: 2,658 Forumite
    Options
    Socks make great dusters!
    Grocery Challenge for October: £135/£200

NSD Challenge: October 0/14
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    23 odd socks has loads of ideas

ill merge this later

Zip :)
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income