PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

23 odd socks!

Options

Comments

• Bren_3
    Options
    I think you should start a sock-dating web site, call it SockMatch.com!
  • bru
    bru Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    I had bags and bags of odd socks for years in hope of finding their estranged partners, I eventually used them to fill a long sausage draught excluder I made from an old curtain. The dainty silk socks I use to keep my sunglasses in helps prevent scratching the lenses, also keep a pearl necklace left to me by my grandmother in a old pink fluffy sock.( if ever I get broken into I hope the last thing they try to steal is my odd socks)
  • scrimperjan
    Options
    I bought a book called 'making stupid sock creatures' and now these guys are taking over my house.....

42v6dg8.jpg
  • fatfreemummy
    Options
    I am so glad that mine is not the only house with a sock monster.I always have a bag of odd socks where do the odd ones go?
  • Lord_Gardener
    Options
    Just wear them!! That's what we tell the children and that it's the latest fashion!!!
    I'm mad!!!! :rotfl::jand celebrating everyday every year!!!
  • sallydoman
    Options
    Hi
    I also have loads of odd socks. I put them up for offer on freecycle and nobody wanted them... (Perhaps not surprsiningly as it seems that many people also have loads of odd socks!)

I love all the ideas on this site, but know I will never get round to doing anything with them... so does anyone want my (clean!) socks?!! I will send them to you if you send me a SAE.
    Contact me on sallydoman@yahoo.com

All the best!

Sally
  • ange123_2
    Options
    Being a virtual fake tan virgin but having to bare my legs to a party recently I was advised by a fake tan veteran that nothing gives a better streak-free finish than applying your fake tan with a sock over your hand. I tried it and it really works! :j
  • juliemhynd
    Options
    As a Family Learning Tutor, I can assure you that donating your odd socks (clean, preferably!) to your local Family Learning Centre or After School Club would save them from a fate worse than recycling. These organisations spend lots of time showing children and their families how we can recycle every day items into fun educational games and activities - like... sock puppets! Worth a try! (They also like items such as clean yoghurt pots, egg cartons and cotton reels!) See, it's true that one person's rubbish is another person's treasure!:staradmin
  • ollym_3
    ollym_3 Posts: 143 Forumite
    Options
    Simple - buy some sock clips from ebay. Clip your socks together before washing them and it makes them easy to hang up and dry!
  • she_grinch
    she_grinch Posts: 1,469 Forumite
    Options
    Don't know if it's already been suggested (no time to read through!) Stuff plain colour socks, add eyes, nostrils, mouth (embroider for very young children), add a felt or wool bridle and reins. Glue to the top of a broom handle? dowel and voila an old fashioned hobby horse :smiley:
    Pucker up and kiss it Whoville! - The Grinch:kiss:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport