Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• home-heating-oil
    Options
    Interesting.. Just checked today for 500ltrs and TB are at 54.82 for delivery tomorrow and BJ is at 59.45 delivery tomorrow.. I could wait 10 days and get a price of 49.84 but with this weather set to last another 2 weeks i'd rather be safe than sorry..
  • barkerooney
    Options
    Today I've been quoted 45.61 per litre (+ vat) by Boiler Juice (10 day delivery) and 45.9p per litre (+vat) by Silvey (5 day delivery) for delivery in Plymouth area:). This is for an order of 2300 litres - myself and three neighbours put in a joint order.
    Have gone with Silvey because they will deliver within 5 working days and we've used them in the past with no problems. I rang around and many places locally are charging 48p plus:eek:. Hope this is helpful to someone.
  • home-heating-oil
    Options
    Just tried Silvey for 500 ltrs price 55.35ppl..
  • ossian
    ossian Posts: 115 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pyrogenius wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for Boiler servicing? Boiler Juice didn't have anyone on their database and i'd prefer someone who is recommended. Perth/Dundee area.

Had any luck finding a service company? I need to sort something too.

Johnstone Oils seam to offer better prices than Brogan based on my small sample size.

Cheers,
    Sleetless in Angus
  • home-heating-oil
    home-heating-oil Posts: 70 Forumite
    edited 1 December 2010 at 1:05PM
    Options
    Supply issues..

I am getting word that the supply chain is at risk of breaking. Stocks from refineries are not getting through to regional depots. Regional depots are having their own problems delivering to customers with bad weather and weather related breakdowns.

The weather forecast indicates no respite, reported by the Guardian, in the weather until mid January. This being true the supply issue will worsen. So make sure that you get your order in early and if you can make contingency plans.
  • milliemonster
    Options
    well I am glad I ordered my oil last week (boilerhuice at 49.5p per L) today, boilerjuice are quoting.......get this.......£1.01 per L!!!!!!! methinks they are profiteering from the bad weather, even heatingoil want 67p per L, what on earth has happened? have oil prices just gone through the roof or something?????
    Aug GC £63.23/£200, Total Savings £0
  • home-heating-oil
    Options
    This may help I just finished giving a bit of an explanation, but BJ were at 74ppl about an hour ago.. so take a look at: http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=642695&page=9
  • home-heating-oil
    Options
    Press release explaining the higher prices and delayed deliveries for heating oil.. http://heating-oil.blogs-uk.co.uk/fps-press-release-heating-oil-prices-delivery-delays/
  • Oil heating is the cinderella of heating.You hear all the time by Government that Gas and Electricity Prices are under investigation,BUT when did you hear of a heating oil probe? Many Rural Areas have very little choice of heating and Oil is often the only answer.Come on coalition do something for the oil users. Nobody has done anything about Petrol Prices but now is the chance to do something for those dependent on Kerosene for domestic heating
  • russang
    Options
    I agree with all that you say. we have just paid £670 for 1000 litres the price has nearly doubled over the year. And we have to pay up front.Some companies add a penalty cost if you do not pay immediately We have to buy oil so they have us!! I worry about some people who are a lot worse off and cannot find the money. Older people who say nothing just do without heating. It is all about Gas electricity gas electricity in the newspapers and on the radio. Hello? We are out here - hear our plea!! And it is no good saying buy oil when it is cheap because inevitably your tank does not need filling then. PLUS we run the risk of having our oil stolen when we live in the sticks.

Thaks for listening!!

Russang
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport