Cheaper Oil for Fuel?

Options

Comments

• home-heating-oil
    Options
    The BBC are looking for people who have low / no heating oil http://heating-oil.blogs-uk.co.uk/heating-oil-contact-bbc/
  • stevieg
    stevieg Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The only place I could find that would deliver kerosene/heating oil at short notice in Scotland was a company called Northern Oils. There no. is 01542832465.
  • nesssie1702
    nesssie1702 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Gosh, it's not often that heating oil in the Hebrides is cheaper than on the mainland. I paid 56.55p a litre for a delivery made on 8 December, so my 700 litres is just over £400.

We've been leaving our heating on at a low level of 15ºC and putting it up to 18 - 20 ºC when it's really cold. It's been pretty economical that way rather than switching it on and off all the time.
  • UnderPressure
    Options
    Morning all :)

Well had a nice surprise this morning, I ordered 500 litres from a new company in Wales called Oil4Wales just before Christmas, they said they were mad busy and it would be delivered in the new year anyway it arrived this morning :) Got it for 59.9p per litre which they quoted before Christmas and was the cheapest by far in my local area dont know about today however................................

Came just in time we ran out completely Christmas Eve and I put in 100 litres from a pump at a local distributor paid 71.9p per litre for this as well :(

Anyone in South Wales stuck for oil give them a ring the guy behind it used to be the MD of a huge oil company google their name for details it is all on their website.

Hope your all keeping warm and had a good Christmas :)
    "You can measure a man's character by the choices he makes under pressure"
    Sir Winston Churchill
  • Tunstallstoven
    Options
    Gosh, it's not often that heating oil in the Hebrides is cheaper than on the mainland. I paid 56.55p a litre for a delivery made on 8 December, so my 700 litres is just over £400.

We've been leaving our heating on at a low level of 15ºC and putting it up to 18 - 20 ºC when it's really cold. It's been pretty economical that way rather than switching it on and off all the time.

I'm new to oil and anyone with any tips about how to run the system most efficiently - please provide advice or links..... We tend to just switch it on when we need it. But having come from a house with next to no heating, we don't have it on all that much.....

With regard the 15 degrees - if that's what you set the internal thermostat to does the temperature outside make any difference?
  • rhhmunro
    Options
    Like a lot of people, we are just about to run out of oil and the quickest anyone can deliver is 3 weeks. They also want paying up front for a minimum of 500 litres. Does anyone know a garage in the Chichester/Portsmouth area that stocks heating oil or a supplier who can deliver a 200 litre (approx) barrel?

TIA!
  • haddckandchips
    Options
    Ordered 1000L at about 62p a litre on december 4th with express delivery. Should've been here before the snow, but wasn't, so got delayed by the snow.
    I emailed them to explain i'm a tetraplegic and so can't regulate my body temperature and am hugely reliant on a working heating system. No response for ages, then finally a 'nothing we can do, will be in the new year'. Managed to get 400L ffrom an emergency service (v.exspensive).
    Wrote over xmas period. No replies. Got one today saying they still can't say when as they had a high increase in demand at the end of 2010 as well as the snow. I replied that either the high demand happened when the snow came, in which case those orders will be after mine and so not affect my order. OR if there was a high demand at the start of december, at the least i should've been warned as local companies were quoting only slightly more expensive but with delivery being next day or only a few days.
    Also, I then questioned the possibility as to whether my order at 62p per litre was maybe getting put to the bottom of the pile with suppliers as newer orders at the higher rates of 75-85p per litre obviously are more attractive to satisfy, especially as the oil is more expensive for these companies to buy to sell on to us customers.
    Got a quick reply saying they understand my situation so have cancelled my order so that I can go elsewhere! ...what?!! They know full well that reordering means a) i go right to the back of the queue that is obviously stretching to orders from 4th december, b) I'll now lose my price of 62p a litre which i got from ordering nice and early before the price increases, and c) They know the health risks i have and how concerned i already was for my well being.

I don't know if there is a ruling on here saying you can't say "don't use company X" but i'm just stating what has happened to me and telling everyone that i'd never use them again and will advise all my family and friends that they'd be stupid to use golocatefuel.co.uk. To me they seem like a company that puts the pound above the life and well being of a human being.

To me, using them is a risk it's just not worth taking.
  • haddckandchips
    Options
    THIS OIL SUPPLIER IS EITHER USELESS OR A SCAM. EITHER WAY, DON'T USE THEM.

DON'T JUST BELIEVE ME, READ WHAT THESE GUYS ALL THINK.

(just type 'golocatefuel scam' into google)

SO ANGRY AS I KNOW NOBODY WILL HELP ME GET MY MONEY BACK.
  • susank
    susank Posts: 809 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    2 - 3 weeks for a delivery up here in the north east of scotland but I have to tell them if I am on emergency oil levels before then! - The price is not fixed but a kind of guestimate price of 60.2 was mooted today I have no choice as I only have had one oil delivery before from the same people and have to stay with them as no one else is taking on customers! I am happy enough as I should have enough oil till beg feb anyway!
    Saving in my terramundi pot £2, £1 and 50p just for me! :j
  • schoolrunmum
    schoolrunmum Posts: 2,689 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Southern counties fuel just turned up and put 500l in my tank b efore I noticed they were there and had them stop pumping! We used to use them on a Signalman,but they took it out last year as faulty..we are supposed to dip the tank and call them for delivery,now at 76.5ppl that's not gonna happen-rival company quoted 67ppl.... I phoned the up to ask what they were playing at,and they admitted they had cocked up, and said if we can do a deal on price,will you accept the oil..............so we settled on 52.5ppl...shows what they can sell it for if they want to !!
    Debt-free...and staying that way...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure