PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Is your heating ON or OFF?

Options

Comments

• Skint_Catt
    Skint_Catt Posts: 11,548 Forumite
    Options
    I've just woken up on the sofa and have had to put the gas fire on (and found my slippers too - my socks are too tight around my swollen ankles :( ). It's been on for about half an hour and is going off now. Hopefully the central heating won't come on but if it gets any colder this evening it will for a bit, though I've turned the thermostat right down to about 12.

C xx
  • Rainy-Days
    Rainy-Days Posts: 1,454 Forumite
    Options
    It's off and staying off - well for tonight at least. I managed to gleen some of the heat off from the conservatory and that has heated the house a little, also left the oven door open as well after cooking the casserole tonight to gain extra heat too.

It is really quite breezy at the mo though! Sunday is forecast to be a nice day for most of us though :D
    Cat, Dogs and the Horses are our fag and beer money :D :beer:
  • Torry_Quine
    Torry_Quine Posts: 18,840 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Still off here. I had been thinking about the heavier duvet but the last couple of nights have been mild again.
    Lost my soulmate so life is empty.

I can bear pain myself, he said softly, but I couldna bear yours. That would take more strength than I have -
    Diana Gabaldon, Outlander
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Off until 15.10 at the earliest.
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    It is much colder here tonight and the rain was lashing down a short while ago. Off for a warm bath and early night.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • pollys
    pollys Posts: 1,756 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    quintwins wrote: »
    well i was gonan put mine on, but i'm out of oil :(

Hope you manage to get some soon.

Pollys
    MFW 1/5/08 £45,789 Cleared mortgage 1/02/13
    Weight loss challenge. At target weight.
  • Mrs_P_Pincher
    Options
    Never goes on before 1 October, or stays on after 31 March.

Still more than warm enough to manage without here.

Mrs P P
    "Keep your dreams as clean as silver..." John Stewart (1939-2008)
  • JaneDoe_2
    Options
    Still OFF here :( slept a bit better the other night took 2 hot water bottle's to bed duvet is a 15tog and is useless it's as thin as, was thinking about getting a thermal type. I've just checked our "handy temperature guide" given to us a few years ago from Scottish Power and it's reading 18C. I still have damp washing here I did days ago couldn't put it back outside as it's lashed down on and off all day. I was given a beautiful large Yankee Candle as a gift which I lit a few hours ago the smell is gorgeous but the heat is tremendous:)

:beer:
    I love this place :j:T:j
  • Magpie27
    Options
    Mine is OFF and I'm trying to leave it off for as long as possible, mainly because this is house gets very cold in the winter so need to save the pennies for when its very cold. It's been a bit chilly in the evenings but got my very sexy (not) £5 fleecy jumper from Millets on :D Haven't changed to the winter duvet yet but did persude OH to get a flannette sheet and that has made a big difference!
  • MsBlonde
    Options
    mine is off, however it doesn't help that my dad leaves the back door open day in day out , so the house is like an ice box and NEVER gets warm.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback